• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Link and Mario Screenshots.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I looked through several topics and did not yet see these pictures posted. Forgive me migthy Brawl mods if these have already been posted.

I think I'm going to need to main as Link again.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I don't like how the bow is round, I think it should rather be shaped like it is in TP, unless he's just pulling the string with such force then i guess it's all right. :chuckle:

otherwise these screens really look nice. Don't know why people are complaining about not seeing something new, even if we've already seen the characters.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
The boomerang hasn't been seen in ANY screenshot, which implies that there may
be something special to them...

The bombs haven't been seen either, so they may be getting their TP redesign.

Also, Kirby's copy hasn't been seen, but that could just be coincidence, or it's incomplete.

We haven't seen ANY of Wario's moves except the bair, nair, fair and possibly F smash.

Snake is a mystery...

Maybe we can expect special updates on all of these things.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Hm. If Sakurai starts showing us character profiles now, I have a feeling we will be seeing a new character soon..

But the screenshots look good. =D

blueVlaD

Smash Cadet
the stage the mario is on while he is fire balling isnt battlefield.
its some other stage, a space one, foxs? mario galaxy stage?
who knows? any guesses?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
OLD!!! this should be in the stickied smash dojo topic for one. and for two these are the pics from the smash dojo, we already know about this. why would you not post this in the "STICKIED" thread about the new site. its going to get closed...peace

edit: your a mod. just close this yourself. or move the pics to the other thread. i dont see the point of putting the pics there though since we can just go to the webiste and see for ourselves.

-hiroshi

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
wow links sword looks a lot longer in this game than melee. it looks like it will be a bit slower b/c of holding it with two hands a lot of times, but with range like that with power could we see a nice marth/gdorf combo? talk about top tier gay!

Rye

Smash Journeyman
Notice how Fox is blocking Mario's kick in that one picture? He has no block bubble.... Perhaps it's an overlook or perhaps they're going with a more traditional fighter defense style - Low block, high block with partial damage and parries. In fact, I went thru the movies again and didn't see any evidence of blocking....

just a thought. My gut says they simply haven't put it in yet. It's also possible that he's just doing his natural stance, holding his dukes up.

Kurosagi

Smash Apprentice
in the 6th picture with fox and mario, it might be fox's idle animation, but it does sort of look like he's in a blocking stance.

edit: 2 posts about the same thing as i was typing this one, awesome lol.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I hope the bubbles will be much more transparent and not so bright coloured. Maybe showing just the outlines and be empty inside.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
OLD!!! this should be in the stickied smash dojo topic for one. and for two these are the pics from the smash dojo, we already know about this. why would you not post this in the "STICKIED" thread about the new site. its going to get closed...peace

edit: your a mod. just close this yourself. or move the pics to the other thread. i dont see the point of putting the pics there though since we can just go to the webiste and see for ourselves.

-hiroshi
Do you reeeeealy wanna know why he doesn't post this in the stickied Dojo topic?

BECAUSE IT'S LOCKED. 'tard.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I've noticed a couple of things:

-The Master Sword is glowing blue when Link makes his strikes. Is that just for show or could that mean something?

-In the pic with Link and Fox, I noticed that Fox doesn't have his blaster in his hand, as opposed to when we saw him in the second trailer, he had his blaster out at all times. What's up with that? You think Sakurai decided to scrap that idea and go back to the old traditional Fox style?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Master Sword was also always glowing in Twilight Princess. That's why. ;) However, the newer render of Link has Link with EXTREME blonde hair! Just look at it! It's far lighter than his hair in Twilight Princess, or the first render we saw from him.

And yeah Fox's Blaster is gone. Perhaps it's only popped out at all times when he shoots with it? That worries me though... Even LESS lag on the Blaster!!? O_O;

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Yeah, that's true. It did glow in Twilight Princess, but IIRC, it happened only when you drew your sword out. Nonetheless, it's a badass detail.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
Anyone notice on the 6th picture with mario and fox the thing dangling on his side? I not positive, but isn't that his reflector?

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
The only problem with bubble shields leaving is some characters wouldn't get omnidirectional blocking. I love the idea of every character getting his/her own specific shield, but in a platforming fighter, you have to cover your butt as well as your face. I hope there's some way Sakurai can implement unique shields without forcing directional blocking. I sure can't think of a way, unless Link, for example, auto-turns to face whatever's hitting him. And even that wouldn't work in 4P.

*sigh*

Something is up, as we haven't seen a shield yet.

EDIT: Just checked Melee, and Fox (presumably everyone) keeps the shield stance up for a few frames after you release L/R and the bubble disappears.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't think of anywhere else to post this, and I'm not entirely sure if it was brought up yet, but...

The official render of Link on the Brawl website is changed from the old promotional render released a year ago.

-The entire picture is brightened up, making it easier to see the details.
-The metal on him is much, much shinier, most noticeable around the scabbard edges and the edges of the shield.
-His hair is no longer rendered in individual strands, rather in clumps as it is in the actual game.
-The shield *seems* to be a bit pointer and a tad different in shape, though that might just be a product of the lighting. His face *seems* different as well, but, same deal.
-There are clasps on his left gauntlet now where there were none before.

The Mario render is a bit different, but the difference(s?) is/are not nearly as noticeable. The only changes there are the much better lighting that doesn't wash out the colors, and... uh, that's it.

And Fox isn't carrying his gun in any of the pictures recently released. Seems they nixed the whole holding his gun at all times deal, which kinda stinks--I was looking forward to pistol whipping.

SuppaRoy

Smash Cadet
Well the clasps on the arm things are proof that they arent done with all the characters

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still, I like the old Link better. His face looks much better with the darker hair. Why'd they change it?

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...

In one screenshot, link's shield is on his back.
In another, he's wearing it on his arm.

Does that mean anything? Maybe it's just different attack animations...

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Link puts his shield on his back when he does his forward smash in Melee. Nothing new.

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. I was thinking it might just be different lighting conditions for the render, but it looks like they've actually done a lot of work on the textures and some tweaking to the model itself. The team isn't afraid to change what's already been seen, bravo to them for that. I get annoyed when people refuse to fix things just because they've gone public already.

I'm not entirely certain, but I think the majority of the difference in the hair color is the lighting. Rathern than a more standard light that mimics real lights, they went with one of the more 'computery' lights, it would seem, to reduce shadow and increase detail visibility on the character(something that's done all the time, I did it for my character project two months ago).

It's nice to see the comparison, though.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman

Did a quick Mario comparison. I never realized until now how ugly the old lighting was.

Anyway, the only change other than the vastly improved lighting I can see is that Mario seems to have lost the smile, and just has a poker face on.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Based on what, maybe a minute of six month old Link footage and a few still screens?

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
yeah these pics are pretty nice. If I was a betting man, I would say we get something NEW "new" this week. Like something nice for friday since we have to wait til monday for the next update.

Top Bottom