• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Kirby AT: Quick Rock

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
My third awesome trick to do with Kirby.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jplc-kiMoo
I saw a video of the same exact thing posted here about a month or two ago.

But...your commentary helped. Now I know why I could never do it: you need your C-stick set to Special?

...that sucks.

It's known (kinda) but it DOES look like it could be ridiculously useful when the situation calls for it.

unfraggable1

Smash Rookie
I saw a video of the same exact thing posted here about a month or two ago.

But...your commentary helped. Now I know why I could never do it: you need your C-stick set to Special?

...that sucks.

It's known (kinda) but it DOES look like it could be ridiculously useful when the situation calls for it.
It's true, and I credited that guy. He made a video, but he never told anyone how he pulled it off.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
C-Stick doesn't need to be set to special, but it makes this easier to do. You can just run and flick Down on your control stick before you actually leave the stage. This works as well.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If you have the Wii Remote + Nunchuk this is very useful, anything else if you use C-Stick too much then it's trouble to use.

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
I remember I used to do this when I used the b-stick, but it wasn't worth staying at that control scheme for.

unfraggable1

Smash Rookie
C-Stick doesn't need to be set to special, but it makes this easier to do. You can just run and flick Down on your control stick before you actually leave the stage. This works as well.
It's been confirmed that this only works with the C-stick. Without it, there isn't enough momentum.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's been confirmed that this only works with the C-stick. Without it, there isn't enough momentum.
Twilight Kirby assures me that it works without B stick. I haven't been able to do it myself, but I'll take his word for it.

Triple_R2

Smash Rookie
During school, at the U, Minneapolis, MN; otherwis
I've gone into practice mode and done it without c-stick, it's just INSANELY hard. But I have done it. I don't know where this was confirmed, but my own experience disagrees. I don't know how to do it consitently though, i think you have to be really quick with the control stick, just like if you want to wave bounce without c-stick, you have to be really quick. Don't be discouraged it is possible.

TheRandomGuy

Smash Cadet
Triple_R2 is right. I've actually done this without the c-stick, when I did wi-fi battles months ago. I thought everyone knew how to do it back then. Thanks for reminding me and teaching me a faster way to do it. It is hard to do and I messed up many times when I attempted it. (Stoned on the stage, right next to the edge then i was punished ^^;; ) The tutorial was awesome!!

Top Bottom