• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW! Ken Hoang history (Article by MLG)

Veetaak

Smash Lord
this read was bs compared to chillin's stories. I'd like to see Ken come to swf and type up his history in detail like chillin did. If he had paypal I bet the community would make it worth his while too.
Chillin's personal story was the best read I've ever had. This is far from BS though, actually, this is really good even compared to Chillin's story. I would really like to hear the POV stories of Ken/Wes/Isai etc. The early pr0s

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Melee making an appearance at MLG for a throwback event would be great. Would cap for sure!

Also, Ken needs to make a comeback.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Yup Ken was a legend.

Regarding throwback events: if a Melee one does happen, it is the duty of every smasher to attend. It could be our last chance of being picked up by a major circuit and we need to show them we could still provide respectable attendance numbers. I think Genesis 2 will also go a long way of showing them how big we are (Its going to shatter all records imo. Conservative estimates: ~50 from Mexico + ~20 from Canada + ~30 from other international + ~150 from Cali + ~100 from other US is at least 350).

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be cool if the community tries to convince MLG to sponsor Melee again. It would be the best thing ever. It honestly would be the best thing ever, I can't even emphasize that enough!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Should have mentioned how the initials of the 4 people that placed above him spelled "SSBM": Susie, Sugar, Bob, Matty. It's clearly fate.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I think it would be cool if the community tries to convince MLG to sponsor Melee again. It would be the best thing ever. It honestly would be the best thing ever, I can't even emphasize that enough!
MLG putting melee back on the circuit would be fantastic. If they really do want to do a throw back game then I think melee has a fair shot at being picked. It really would be amazing though; I could totally invision Mango trying hard again, Mew2king neglecting Brawl and Armada moving to America.

Flonomenalz

Smash Cadet
Armada moving to America? It's still just a game.
yea seriously

the payout would not be nearly enough to warrant armada moving to america, it's not like it would become the flagship MLG game like Halo, and it won't become as big as SC is in Korea, which is big enough to warrant pros moving there i.e. Idra.

calm down there buddy

Zoler

Smash Ace
No one in their right minds from a western European country would ever move to USA.

The price pools will never be that huge, even if they picked it up.

Top Bottom