• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Jersey Mr. Game and Watches...

Mr. Grey

Smash Cadet
Are any of you in the Tri state area going to Viridian City 6?

It's usually filled to the brim with MKs, Marths, and Snakes.

I don't feel like being the only Mr. G&W there again,

It would be nice if another Game and Watch could feel the pain of fighting Mr. G&W counters
one after another.

Just giving you guys a heads up. Cause I've never had a ditto match with a GOOD G&W before, would be nice to try it out.

Would also be nice to see other people there rep Mr. Game and Watch

VaJaJ

Smash Cadet
lol at feeling pain, well im def going and i am planning to do really well considering how disgustingly good i am XD.

There another gaw main named Que thats going to and he's pretty good. Soooo i guess i will see u there :)
btw i NEVER lose gaw ditto's so b prepared to lose if we play lol.

S.W.R!!!!!!!

Cel

Smash Cadet
I may possibly go, depends on my schedual, but I feel confident in saying im a good gnw, i just have 1 problem, but im working on it

Vinnie

Smash Master
Gnw sucksssssssssss

I'll probably still go all gnw though, since I'm ********, as usual.

I'll probably run into the 4 elite marths there in bracket (Neo / MikeHAZE / Pierce / Minty) I just know it :[.

Probably a snake too...

Mr. Grey

Smash Cadet
awesome, ally and M2K show up 60% of the time to viridian cities too. Its a hard town for G&W
mains.

VaJaJ

Smash Cadet
Whats wrong with u pgn? SHOW SOME CONFIDENCE!!!!!!!!!

you either arrive at that tourney and play ur heart out or u will have already lost before its even started!!!!!!!

lol darn u adhd daaaarn uuuuuu!!!!!!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I won't be going, sadly. There's another big tournament that I'll be going to instead. Best of luck to all the G&W's I won't get to see =)

Mr. Grey

Smash Cadet
so I take it ADHD is going.

but I dont think there are any other good diddys going besides him. Which is great cause I hate bananas. I think there are more MKs at Viridian City then anything else so if you practice that matchup thats like practicing against 40% of the people there, really.

Vinnie

Smash Master
so I take it ADHD is going.

but I dont think there are any other good diddys going besides him. Which is great cause I hate bananas. I think there are more MKs at Viridian City then anything else so if you practice that matchup thats like practicing against 40% of the people there, really.
To my knowledge, Kai is going, too. He's ranked 5th in NJ, I think. He's pretty good.

But yeah, there are going to be A LOT of MKs. I'm just studying all of UTDzac's vids, and trying to come up with ways to get past his dtilt, ftilt, etc. It's pretty irritating...

Mr. Grey

Smash Cadet
All i know is that Dtilt and Bacon helps keep him away a LOT. Occasionally I'll throw a single piece of bacon and quickly Fsmash since they have enough time to get up and grab you, sometimes they will run right into a fresh Fsmash. Works occasionally, but yea, MK is my worst matchup with G&W, for me hes worse then marth. Zac was using the bacon in one of his vids while MK was returning to the stage, that was effective too.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
not going either
SAT johns
though i doubt i woulda done well with my habit of getting nervous >_>;;

much luck to G&W's going

i don't even know who else is using G&W there lol o_o

think 1 or 2 but forgot their names

Mr. Grey

Smash Cadet
aw man, so its just me and vajaj :(

well its in 3 days so I'll try to record some of my matches for once.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
against diddy with stages that aren't FD

this match up is very doable lol =/

glide toss is your friend

Mr. Grey

Smash Cadet
Well I got eliminated by Metaknight, again, I really need to learn to fight meta on a stage with lots of platforms, I know Vajaj was there but since I dont actually know what he looks like I couldnt get my ditto match .
Actually I think we were the only G&Ws there.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Well I got eliminated by Metaknight, again, I really need to learn to fight meta on a stage with lots of platforms, I know Vajaj was there but since I dont actually know what he looks like I couldnt get my ditto match .
Actually I think we were the only G&Ws there.
Awww man.... who were the MKs?

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
My fellow GWs im sorry i didn't make it to viridian, it was a crazy story actually. i went camping the night before, during the night my tent got fludded, i some how scratched my eye so it hurt like hell. i didn't sleep much. the morning was even worse, we were suppose to leave at 8 so i could make it to VC. but..... my friends car was having problems and wouldn't start. so we wound up waiting 3 hours for a tow to come, then as soon as i got home i try to get a ride to this. No such luck ;[. next tourny is dooms, whos going?

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
hmm, i found double gw very enjoyable. also. d3/gw team is so good, but nothing will beat zss.

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
i am officially dropping gw, to main wario. I'm going to keep him as one of my secondaries. GL to everyone else. I'm just getting fed up with how GW does in tourny, its depressing. ;[ ill still keep him for doubles though :p

Vinnie

Smash Master
oh noo!! *shocked* . . . . .

QueWhatHuh said:
I'm just getting fed up with how GW does in tourny, its depressing.
So you're fed up with his tourney performance in general and his tourney representation, or the character itself being not good in-tourney?

Top Bottom