• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Jersey Mr. Game and Watches...

Vinnie

Smash Master
I was sarcastic, lol. The people that drop gnw in singles are the people that are completely obvious with what they do, and are unable to think with the character past

-approach with bair
-nair if they're above you
-dthrow tech chase to up smash for kills

It's not shocking to see yet another person drop the character just because he's a hard character to be good with. Which is why I'm not surprised at all :].

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I was sarcastic, lol. The people that drop gnw in singles are the people that are completely obvious with what they do, and are unable to think with the character past

-approach with bair
-nair if they're above you
-dthrow tech chase to up smash for kills

It's not shocking to see yet another person drop the character just because he's a hard character to be good with. Which is why I'm not surprised at all :].
Yeah I'm sure Me, leepuff and OBM were all unable to think with the character.

GW just isn't that good honestly. His match-ups suck for getting far in tournaments.

Vinnie

Smash Master
He isn't that good, but he's far from unviable. People just don't want to put in that extra effort. It's difficult to get far in tourneys with him, and it's easier with other characters, which is why people drop him.

VaJaJ

Smash Cadet
my gw is terrible vs snake so im picking up wario unless i somehow learn the matchup but thats unlikely cuz i dont have anyone to teach me the MU and nobody wants to teach a random :(

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
He isn't that good, but he's far from unviable. People just don't want to put in that extra effort. It's difficult to get far in tourneys with him, and it's easier with other characters, which is why people drop him.
His worst match-ups are MK/Snake/Olimar/Marth and they are pretty common in tournaments. He's barely viable. You're logic is flawed. I dropped GW for the hardest character in the game to play you can't just generalize like that.

Hylian only posts here when he feels insulted
even if it is pretty indirect lol
No, I haven't had internet for a couple of months and just got it back.

Mr. Grey

Smash Cadet
Well, I understand where Hylian is coming from, after a year of getting my *** handed to me by MK, Marth, and Olimar, (I dont have too much trouble with snake), I realized that, you would really have to be god of games to get through a tourney with people like M2k, ally, etc.
with Mr. G&W and come out on top. Dont get me wrong hes still my main, but he has his limitations.

But thats also why there are secondaries :)

By the way when you said the hardest character to play with, you mean who?
ganondorf?

Vinnie

Smash Master
You're logic is flawed.
OMG Hylian made a typo!

I said he isn't that good, and you said he's barely viable, but we're disagreeing? I know I said he's far from unviable, but

viability in tourneys =/= difficulty of character to master.

His matchups are a ***** to learn but it's not like they're unwinnable >_>.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
OMG Hylian made a typo!

I said he isn't that good, and you said he's barely viable, but we're disagreeing? I know I said he's far from unviable, but

viability in tourneys =/= difficulty of character to master.

His matchups are a ***** to learn but it's not like they're unwinnable >_>.
Nothings unwinnable. You can't really use that as a basis for determining viability. But the skill required to overcome those hard match-ups which are so common really hurts his viability. Not to mention GW has absolutely no novelty effect. Seemingly everyone knows exactly how to play against him. GW's best attributes lie in being able to dish out the pain when below someone and edgeguarding. But when you come across someone who can shut that down through spacing and conditioning you find yourself with not too many options.

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
my gw is terrible vs snake so im picking up wario unless i somehow learn the matchup but thats unlikely cuz i dont have anyone to teach me the MU and nobody wants to teach a random :(
I'll teach you it. I told you i would. lol

Nothings unwinnable. You can't really use that as a basis for determining viability. But the skill required to overcome those hard match-ups which are so common really hurts his viability. Not to mention GW has absolutely no novelty effect. Seemingly everyone knows exactly how to play against him. GW's best attributes lie in being able to dish out the pain when below someone and edgeguarding. But when you come across someone who can shut that down through spacing and conditioning you find yourself with not too many options.

agreed.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Exactly what does this mean?
It means pretty much everyone knows how the character plays and the match-up.

For example fox has a novelty effect in tournaments because he's not a common character.

Top Bottom