• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New item: Spinner

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Remember The Spinner From
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
. It would an interesting item to use in Brawl.

I would work like this: First it pops up and lands some where. somone grabs the spinner and gets on top. it starts to spin fast while you control it on top. It can do reptitve damage to an oppenent if hit by it. here are the advadatages and disadvantages.

Advatages:
:) It is fast.
:) It can jump
:) does repetitive damage
:) Get jump off by pressing A
:) Once off the spinner will continue spinning until it stops on it's own or crashes. Does damage to anyone it hits
:) No damage if it hit the spinner

Disadvantages:
:( Can only jump once.
:( Your character is wide open to an aeiral attack.
:( If the spinner takes to much danage it will break and hurt you
:( You can't attack on the spinner

Discuss

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Hmm, not bad, why not close this thread, copy and paste and put it in my item topic, if that is still up it is a great way for people to hear/rate your idea/s

Toomai

Smash Ace
This is a cool idea at the very least.

Here's my take: When it appears, it spins in place. Jump on top to use it, it can't be grabbed. Can be smacked around like a Green Shell when no one's aboard. Can jump with Up/X/Y, character jumps off with A, B, or Z. Bounces off walls. If the rider is hit off, it keeps going.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
Just how "fast" is it? You mean how fast it spins (which wouldn't make a difference) or how fast it moves around the stage? I wouldn't want to go gliding off the stage and net a pretty SD...if you know what I mean.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I would like it more like this:

-Spinner pops out, is stationary. A character runs up and grabs it in the usual way: Whichever direction they were facing, the spinner will drive, dealing drill-kick like damage to anyone it hits. It single jumps from the ground as much as you want, but cannot change direction. Jumping off, by pressing Z, or A causes you to jump off - it keeps moving, smashing through anyone in it's path (unless they press A at the right time, in which case, they would jump on it instead, and possibly change it's direction).

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
no offence, but i still think it is a horrible idea
well, not a horrible IDEA
good idea
would be a bad concept in the game.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Just how "fast" is it? You mean how fast it spins (which wouldn't make a difference) or how fast it moves around the stage? I wouldn't want to go gliding off the stage and net a pretty SD...if you know what I mean.
Both and not fox/sheik running fast for it's movement just fast.

Top Bottom