• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Info Regarding DLC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Very important new Brawl info I've come across from next week's Famitsu (translated)!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upcoming WiiWare titles that unlock new Brawl Content (on each game you must meet certain requirements in order to unlock Brawl content):

Dr. Mario & Virus Buster
Donkey Kong: Coconut Crackers
Mii and My Pokémon
Fire Emblem: Uzuki no Tsuitachi (no confirmed English title, but the name would translate to something like "41 Strings of Innocent Harmony")
WarioWare: Mini Microgame$!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What they Unlock:
Dr. Mario & Virus Buster -- Dr. Mario (Fighter), Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (Music), Yoshi's Cookie: Type A (Music)
Donkey Kong: Coconut Crackers -- Dixie Kong (Fighter)
Mii and My Pokémon -- Plusle & Minun (Fighter), Mewtwo (Fighter) - Must port respective Pokémon from Diamond or Pearl over to Mii and My Pokémon to unlock.
Tetra's Trackers -- Toon Zelda (Fighter), Ballad of the Windfish (Music)
Fire Emblem: Uzuki no Tsuitachi -- Roy (Fighter), Move Out! (Music), The Chosen Ones (Music)
WarioWare: Mini Microgame$! -- Stage Fright (Music)
These CDs start to appear once all WiiWare Fighters are unlocked --
The Loner, Falco Lombardi (Star Fox Command)
Hippie Battle Theme (Mother Series)
Eight Melodies (Mother)
Smiles and Tears (EarthBound)
Because I Love You (EarthBound)
The Sap of April (Mother 3)
Radio Exercises (Wild World)
Boss Battle (Mario & Luigi: PT)
NES Sports Medley
Stunt Race FX
MGS Main Theme (MGS: Sons of Liberty)
MGS Main Theme Remix (Beatmania)
You Can Do Anything (Sonic CD)
Menu 2 (Melee)
Battle Cutscene (Melee)
Classic Intro
Ending
How to Play (Brawl)
How to Play (Melee)
Stage Clear 1 (Melee)
Stage Clear 2 (Melee)
Game Descriptions:
Dr. Mario & Virus Buster (WiiWare, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone, 1000 Wii Points): Mario's dropped his overalls once again for an all-new puzzle smackdown -- but this time, the viruses will be tougher than ever! He's even brought the recently certified Dr. Luigi to help! The real action, however, will take place online via Wi-fi, where up to 4 players can compete for the health of mankind! Now that sounds serious!

Donkey Kong: Coconut Crackers (WiiWare, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 1000 Wii Points): Donkey Kong and company have finally swung in to their first ever puzzle experience. The fiendish King K. Rool has discovered the Neverending Banana, and it's up to the DK Crew to teach him that crocodiles don't eat the yellow goodness. Hey, is DK the real villain here? K. Rool just wants some banana cream pie...

Mii and My Pokémon (WiiWare, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 1000 Wii Points): On Mii and My Pokémon, you can transfer up to a max of 1,000 of your Pokémon from Diamond and Pearl to a ranch-like setting, where they can then be photographed and stored. You can view your Pokémon (in full 3D) while using your own personalized Miis to interact with them -- even your Pokémon can interact with each other!

Fire Emblem: Uzuki no Tsuitachi/卯月の一日 (WiiWare, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and up — Mild Fantasy Violence, 1500 Wii Points): Play as Ivy the 1st in an epic journey across the lands of Elibe. Battle beasts and recapture kingdoms in a strategy game like no other, with a masterful plot where special 3D cutscenes help bring the story together. Lirpa thirsts for world control, and only you can stop her villainous plots -- or can you?

WarioWare: Mini Microgame$! (WiiWare, 1-2 players, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and up, 1000 Wii Points): Wario's back and smaller than ever! Play in nearly 150 (141 to be exact!) new wacky microgames that will leave your pulse racing and your mind boggled! It's the exact same formula that's made Wario a bazillionaire, minus the greed!
And once EVERYTHING on Brawl is unlocked, you get these demo segments added to your Masterpieces collection (Though I'm not sure why...)
I pulled each specific game segment from YouTube just to give an example:

Super Mario Bros. (All-Star Edition)

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Mario World

New Super Mario Bros.

Super Paper Mario

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
i doubt it was real, i got all excited and stuff cuz the Doc would be coming back...but I'd not rather get my hopes up to a RUMOR.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
i dont believe this in the slightest, however i will be very happy if it actually turns out to be true.

chances are incredibly slim though...

lnc0

Smash Rookie
Bah this is probably an early april fools if you ask me

Their was an early april fools about the latest wii update blocking the freeloader if i'm correct

thirteen37

Smash Rookie
ya, this is a load of bullcrap, mod plz lock this.

with news this big he would obviously give a source.

mas369

Smash Apprentice
Wait, found another hole in this leak. It uses ESRB ratings, but some of these games haven't even been announced yet, and Japan uses a diffrent rating scale than ESRB

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Look at WeeklyJumpman's profile, and how all his other threads are jokes and hoaxes that have been locked.

Regardless, what he's saying is impossible, since for another game to unlock content in Brawl (could have been possible), Brawl would need that data already on the disc, since as Sakurai has said, there isn't a hard drive to download it to, and you can't play Brawl off of data on another disc. People have already seen all the data on the Brawl disc, so this simply is not possible.

mas369

Smash Apprentice
Look at WeeklyJumpman's profile, and how all his other threads are jokes and hoaxes that have been locked.

Regardless, what he's saying is impossible, since for another game to unlock content in Brawl (could have been possible), Brawl would need that data already on the disc, since as Sakurai has said, there isn't a hard drive to download it to, and you can't play Brawl off of data on another disc. People have already seen all the data on the Brawl disc, so this simply is not possible.
First, must we forget that most big leakers were joke posters before.

Second, look at the characters that he/she said would be unlocked. They are the characters that had left-over data on the Brawl disk. This could actually add the nessisary data needed to unlock them and play them. The stages, music, and maserpieces add serious doubt to this though. And as I said before
mas369 said:
It uses ESRB ratings, but some of these games haven't even been announced yet, and Japan uses a diffrent rating scale than ESRB
Finally, This seems more like a "crush your dreams" fake leak than the "ha ha, I'm funny" fake leaks he/she is known for

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
So either this is fake or I get to waste money on a bunch of games that I'll play once to unlock new characters that won't make this game any better.

What's so exciting about this even if it is real?

Fonz

Smash Ace

Second, look at the characters that he/she said would be unlocked. They are the characters that had left-over data on the Brawl disk. This could actually add the nessisary data needed to unlock them and play them. The stages, music, and maserpieces add serious doubt to this though. And as I said before Finally, This seems more like a "crush your dreams" fake leak than the "ha ha, I'm funny" fake leaks he/she is known for
If you actually believe this crap...I have a friend in Nigeria who could use some money and he'll make it worth your while.

One of the games listed as being an unlockable masterpeice is Super Paper Mario which is a Wii title itself. And like everyone has already stated, there is no HD for the wii. Where are you going to store all that new character/cd data. The downloadable games are already going to sap your weak memory right off the bat.

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice

Second, look at the characters that he/she said would be unlocked. They are the characters that had left-over data on the Brawl disk. This could actually add the nessisary data needed to unlock them and play them. The stages, music, and maserpieces add serious doubt to this though. And as I said before Finally, This seems more like a "crush your dreams" fake leak than the "ha ha, I'm funny" fake leaks he/she is known for

interesting... Maybe it's all a lie EXCEPT for the characters?

Revven

FrankerZ
If you actually believe this crap...I have a friend in Nigeria who could use some money and he'll make it worth your while.

One of the games listed as being an unlockable masterpeice is Super Paper Mario which is a Wii title itself. And like everyone has already stated, there is no HD for the wii. Where are you going to store all that new character/cd data. The downloadable games are already going to sap your weak memory right off the bat.
Let's also not forget that New Super Mario Brothers is a DS title and, last I checked, Nintendo doesn't offer DS o the Virtual Console. The masterpieces mode was meant for demos of games already on the VC, DS is not there so why would NSMB be a masterpiece? Exactly.

I'm calling a hoax until there's proof.

mas369

Smash Apprentice

No, I too believe this is bull. I just like to disprove people in an intelligent way so I seem more intelligent. But I do believe that the points I made can't be overlooked.

Also, I'm that friend in Nigeria

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
So either this is fake or I get to waste money on a bunch of games that I'll play once to unlock new characters that won't make this game any better.

What's so exciting about this even if it is real?
Characters and MAYBE music

tirkaro

Smash Champion

not that I believe this at all, but didn't nintendo just CONFIRM they were supporting DLC at GDC? Not to mention nintendo themselves are somewhat considering P2P content in brawl? (source)

but this is probably fake, unfortunately.

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
Well he does name a source, a Famitsu translation. But as much as I wish this was real, I don't believe it at all. It would be genius on Nintendo's part though.

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe it but if any part of this is true I'm hoping characters because I miss my mewtwo and Roy

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
Fake!!!
Joe(from serebii.net) would have already posted this! Joe always gets all that Pokemon stuff.

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
this is a definate hoax, and this is GOOD for me, because if it were real, I would have to spend even more money buying wii points to buy the dumb games.

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
If they do have DLC it shouldn't be by buying games that you'll never play but by the store itself in "packs" kinda like the multiplayer map packs for some games just through the shop channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom