• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NEW!]Ganon's Castle - Ganon Boards Index (New poster? Read or DIE!)

Bahamut777

Smash Ace

Welcome to the SSBB Ganondorf Character Boards! You now have stepped on our lair and will not make it back alive can start your career as a fellow Ganondorf mainer! Ganondorf is, without a doubt, one of the worst characters in the game, but he's so fun and it's so good to play him it's worthy the risks! You want to learn more about him? Well, you've come to the right place! Here you can find almost every important thread ever posted on these boards! Feel free to take a tour and stick around.​

The Courtyards - Basic Knowledge

The Main Hall - General, Match Up and Stage Discussions

The War Chamber - Guides, Techniques and In-Deph Knowledge

The Trophy Room - Videos and Pics

• GanonTUBE by Bahamut - A very complete compilation on tech videos, combo videos, compilation videos and every other kind of Ganondorfish footage you can imagine. Also contains 2010 matches.

• Ganondorf Video Thread by Ray Kalm - Old video thread.

• Japanese Ganondorfs' Videos by rihuganon - Old video thread. Japanese Ganons are legit, but we haven't seen activity from them lately... =\

• The Official Manliest Ganon Thread by Vermanubis - WARNING! Several manly images. May cause testosterone overflow!

• The Ganon Board Camwhore Thread by Kosk - Old player picture thread. It's so good to remember our dear old pals. <3

The King's Den - Socials

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Is there a KO-percentage thread anywhere on this board?
Initial thought: "We're GANON!!!! All percents are KO-percents!"

Second thought: "....Okay, that would be a good idea"

Good stuff, Baha. I like the theme in this thread, and how neatly and consistently you set everything up.

:034:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Nicely put together, Baha.

Also... I want a castle surrounded by hot lava :|

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
For some reason the volcano reminds me of Mt. Doom. Which would make that eerie green light Minas Morgul.

Ganon knows how to pick a place I'll give him that.

Exalted

Smash Lord
The guide (How to murder stuff) covers that up. :]
It's only tested on Mario.

I'm thinking on making a thread which covers when Ganon's moves kill every character in the game on tournament-legal stages.
Also figured I'd include when Gerudo follow-ups can guarantee your opponent's death.

Unless you guys disagree.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Yay, people care about my guide!

Maybe I'll do the followup. With actually choosing one of the three taunts.

@Exalted: There are 4 variables to the question of KO percent::

The opponent character.
The distance to the stage boundary.
The move used.
The staling of the move.

That's a hell of a lot of **** to check. And no one remembers that much data anyway, but goes by landmarks and estimation.

Test for all characters if you want, and then do something uncommon which would be to deliberately stale the move.

Also, review the staling formula:

Each move enters a queue 9 slots in length. They are pushed into the 'back', and pop "fall" out the 'front'.
The "value" of the slots are some fractions around one tenth, and they decrease to the front of the queue. When calculating the staling factor, you add the values of the slots which are occupied by an instance of the move being used.
I don't recall the values, or what you do with the staling factor.

This means that there are literally a billion different ways a move could be staled.

BUT I subscribed to the thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210557

EDIT: Some of it simplifies, since staling by 0.1 + 0.02 is the same as 0.08 + 0.04; but, I mean, I think this only cuts the number by some linear factor. It'll be some portion of a billion, which is too ****ing many.

No, I lost concentration for a moment. But it's a power of 2. 2^9. It's still **** big. 512, I think?

Exalted

Smash Lord
Well, I'll initially test when the moves kill when they are fresh from the center of the stage, and once all of that's done, I might get into stale moves.

Also, this will most likely be tested in Training Mode, where moves don't stale at all, if I remember correctly.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Oops. Meant to post here, not the old thread. Soooooo....., Hi, I'm a new Ganon main. I also enjoy hacking Brawl and playing Okami. Thats about it. Oh and I love your choice of picture for the top of the OP. Saw it on DA ages ago and thought it was pretty cool.

Top Bottom