• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New GameFreak Game to be announced soon!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Joe from serebii is saying that in a few days gamefreak will announce a new game. Which it's probably pokemon related i will post it here incase it's not. So what do you think it will be? Pokemon or no? I think it's pokemon related but will be a side game. Pokemon conquest 2 please gamefreak!
Edit link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqDiZjgWjmQ

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
It'll most likely be a spinoff. If it is, it's probably a new Mystery Dungeon or the rumored Detective Pikachu.

If for some reason it's a main game, it'll probably be Pokemon Z or a complete sequel to X and Y (or it COULD be Delta Emerald but I highly doubt that).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It'll most likely be a spinoff. If it is, it's probably a new Mystery Dungeon or the rumored Detective Pikachu.

If for some reason it's a main game, it'll probably be Pokemon Z or a complete sequel to X and Y (or it COULD be Delta Emerald but I highly doubt that).
The only thing i realized with it being a spinoff is that they don't directly take part in them, so while it could be it may not be. I wouldn't mind the third XY game but i don't think that's happening till September next year, Delta emerald probably won't happen either.

For a new spin off though I'd want something like harvest pokemon or pokemon crossing. And another mystery dugeon would be awesome if they had every pokemon amd more diversity with dungeons again like Time/Darkness/ and Sky. As for if it weren't a pokemon game anoter small eshop title would probably happen.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
It's pobably too early for a new main series Pokémon game (I know the franchise is a cashcow but not at the point of announcing a new game so early), and Game Freak is not known to have participated to the creation of side games. IMO the most likely scenario is a game not related to Pokémon at all, like Soliti Horse or Harmoknight.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's what i am thinking as they don't usually do spinoffs. As for what it could be if something different, then i have no clue what it would be. It has endless possibilities.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm guessing it's going to be either Pokemon Z or maybe Pokemon X/Y2 if they want to keep that going.

Alternatively, it will be Pokemon 7. Which I'm not ready for since Pokemon RSE remakes just came out. Being realistic, I doubt that Nintendo will give them a leash and will let them release a big title besides Pokemon. Although I'd love to see Nintendo allowing them to make games based on their other IPs.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Maybe, but they did file a patent for a pokemon console with amiibo support now that i think of it...

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac

finalark

SNORLAX

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280

If it is Mystery Dungeon, they better go back to the fantastic roots that is Red Rescue team. All of the mechanics back, including hunger. None of this "choose what pokemon you are" and "we will make this game super easy without any drawback to stalling in a dungeon" junk that was in the first 3DS game.
Although detective Pikachu is probably it. However, one time when Game Freak announced a new game it was not pokemon related.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
If it is Mystery Dungeon, they better go back to the fantastic roots that is Red Rescue team. All of the mechanics back, including hunger. None of this "choose what pokemon you are" and "we will make this game super easy without any drawback to stalling in a dungeon" junk that was in the first 3DS game.
Either Rescue Team or Explorers would be lovely. No more Gates to Infinity trash.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
I am honestly thinking that it will just be a Harmoknight 2... BUT i am quite fine with that since i loved the first game!:D
Yea, I wouldn't be surprised seeing this, but I am mostly expecting Pokemon Z :substitute: (which I'm completely okay with...)

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
Yea, I wouldn't be surprised seeing this, but I am mostly expecting Pokemon Z :substitute: (which I'm completely okay with...)
yeah i am also thinking that may be a possibilty... BUT i did hear rumours that maybe they will be doing X2 and Y2. This is because junichi masuda has said they dont want to do pokemon Z. But that was just something i heard!

Top Bottom