• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New gamecube controller?

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I saw someone post a thread about a third party classic wii controller (i believe it was called the thruster) and i was wondering if we were going to see an updated wireless gamecube controller for the wii. I know there is already a wireless controller out but there is no way that its going to fit into all of the gamecube controller ports. Anyone have any info??

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
I saw someone post a thread about a third party classic wii controller (i believe it was called the thruster) and i was wondering if we were going to see an updated wireless gamecube controller for the wii. I know there is already a wireless controller out but there is no way that its going to fit into all of the gamecube controller ports. Anyone have any info??
Multiple Wavebirds (the official wireless GameCube controllers) DO fit into the Wii's GCN ports. ( have tested it myself--first time I played Melee on the Wii.) I would, however, like to see a bluetooth GCN controller for the Wii. I mean, there's no reason NOT to cash in on the idea, is there? They could even color it to match the Wii's sleek white style.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Multiple Wavebirds (the official wireless GameCube controllers) DO fit into the Wii's GCN ports. ( have tested it myself--first time I played Melee on the Wii.) I would, however, like to see a bluetooth GCN controller for the Wii. I mean, there's no reason NOT to cash in on the idea, is there? They could even color it to match the Wii's sleek white style.
Well that is definitely a surprise to me. I didnt you could fit multiple wavebirds. Either way i agree with you. Updated controllers would be awesome. New color, slight new design for comfort and playability, and blue tooth wireless would be great for brawl!

Magnacor

Smash Ace
It was the Thrustmaster and I think that's the closest we're going to get. I doubt we'll be seeing any new Gamecube controllers, but maybe a new Classic Controller with a grip more like average controllers.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord

I e-mailed Nintendo about this and should be receiving a reply soon.

Mama

Smash Ace
Yea the wavebird thing was something we worried about a few years back. But I agree it would be pretty nice to see some new GCN controllers. A lot of people are going to be using that controller for Brawl. Though I'd assume there will be a lot of casuals using the Classic controller and people new to the series would likely go the Wiimote route unless dissuaded by friends. New Ninty made wireless controls would be very nice to have. But the thrustmaster looks pretty sexy itself. I'll test it out though I doubt it'll win over the GCN controller for anything Smash.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see a convertor from classic controller to gcn port personally.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I actually have a wireless gamecube controller whioch I bought from my local "GAME". It's official, not a wavebird, and has a reciever small enough so that four of them could fit in the controller ports. They don't have seperate channels either,you just turn them on at seperate times. Psy.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
that would be amazing, but i dont think its going to happen. ive seen that different controller on numerous occastions however, maybe the first model? im hoping that would make something like that to eventually replace the calssic controller, kind of like the original xbox controller switched to the smaller one.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I was thinking about how clever Nintendo could be to cash in on the want for Gamecube controllers. Not just for Brawl, but for the VC, and GCN games on the Wii in general. It's so hard to find them now, it'd just be profit if they re-released controllers.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
Message(#6851-000629-9513\6299513)

Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

We appreciate hearing about the types of products that you would like to see from us in the future. While there hasn't been an announcement concerning bluetooth controllers for the Nintendo GameCube, you never know what the future holds! As the worldwide leader and innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, and because of our history of pushing the limits of gameplay and design, you can always count on Nintendo offering the most imaginative products.

In the meantime, keep checking our website's news section (www.nintendo.com/newsmain) for the latest information and announcements.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Sharon Matheny

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529

this is the reply i got from nintendo concerning the controllers. oh well

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
That's a form letter if ever I heard one. I suppose they at least recognized it as a product request, and found out what you were asking about.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
everywhere....

I dunno depends...most likely game stores...but if they dont have them then order online...

burrito

Smash Lord
I do love my Wavebird very very much, but it seems to be getting a bit old. The rubber part on top of the joystick is starting to come off. The joystick seems to be getting a bit weird and harder to control, too.

Anyhow, it would be nice if they could make a new wireless Gamecube controller. One that wasn't so bulky and still had a rumble function.

iankobe

Smash Lord
...LMAO.

Do your research first before you post. WTF. Apparently you don't own a Wii.

Top Bottom