• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Friend Finder Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, when I go on the friend finder my name won't show up on the list of people, and whenever I chat with someone and send a message nothing shows up either. The FF was working fine for me until about a week ago. (This is the only account that I have that it doesn't work on.)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Yes, the friend finder is great.

But umm.. what happened to the feature, where for friends that I already found (i.e. put in my Contacts list), it helps me to find that friend when he or she is online?

It's somewhat jarring that it's gone.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
For some reason, when I go on the friend finder my name won't show up on the list of people, and whenever I chat with someone and send a message nothing shows up either. The FF was working fine for me until about a week ago. (This is the only account that I have that it doesn't work on.)
Don't put double quotes (") in your status message. It looks like that triggers a certain issue. I tried to remove it from your info, but let me know if you still have problems.
Yes, the friend finder is great.

But umm.. what happened to the feature, where for friends that I already found (i.e. put in my Contacts list), it helps me to find that friend when he or she is online?

It's somewhat jarring that it's gone.
The only thing that was removed here was that there's no longer a list of offline contacts, which would be pretty useless since you can't chat with/challenge offline users anyway. When your contacts/friends come online, their names will be in bold and they'll be placed at the top of whatever list they're on (Online, Seeking, etc.). Usually the lists are just alphabetical, but contacts will always come first.

Dupon

Smash Rookie
I am logged in, and I'm trying to go on the friend finder and it keeps saying:
Not logged in
You are not currently logged in to Smash Boards. Make sure you are logged in and try again.

I've been on the friend finder before with no problems, but now it' saying this.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's very hard for me to find a person where I'm at to play brawl, or actually be good at it, so this friend finder is definitely a blessing.

I'm a heavy multitasker though, so I take some time when I am challenged to a match. Since apparently this has low sound volume, might I suggest a pop-up?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
As I said before:
Wii support is unlikely for technical reasons, since the version of Flash that comes with the Wii doesn't support a certain function that the client requires. It would probably be possible with a full-featured Flash client (as opposed to this one, which is primarily written in JavaScript) but I don't have any plans to do that. Sorry.

M.K

Level 55
Ugh, I lost my internet connection when my status was "Brawling" and now it says "Login Fail, you are already logged in"

...when I'm not...

killerSpongeBob

Smash Rookie
Awesome job on the friend finder. It makes the best out of a bad situation.

Only thing I would recommend is a general chat area. You could make it hideable or something for those who don't want to use it.

killerSpongeBob

Smash Rookie
Yes, I already read that recommendation but I still think an integrated chat room in the friend finder would be more beneficial and shouldn't take away from the irc chatroom at all. And if it does, then you have more people in the friend finder app looking for brawls which is a good thing. I think it would make it easier to find 2v2s and larger fights. People would also be entertained by it so they wouldn't have to look elsewhere for entertainment and then not respond to challenges quickly. It's your app though, do what you want. I'll happily be using it either way.

RawrBoom

Smash Rookie
Sometimes info like Location or the Friend Number, don't update on the list... Any way to fix this? I know you can just put it in the info bar, but it would be nice if it would work the way it's supposed to work.

Chibipit5

Smash Rookie
I need help when i'm in the friend finder and i challenge someone i can write in the chat box that appears at the bottom of the page but can't send what i've wrote to the person i'm challenging

Johnny_C

Smash Cadet
Im checking it, and it seems... pretty good! better way to get brawl than the usual "I w4nna fight!!1!" thread.

DK2

Smash Apprentice
That sound pretty sweet but I never did use the friend finder before because it's hard for me to go on the computer because it's in my parents room. So i'm on the internet channel on my wii the entire time. kinda weird huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom