• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Fox Illusion Trick

RPK

Smash Lord
As you all know, you can ledge scar with Fox. The result of it makes him end up standing at the ledge. However, your still unable to move and it has a noticable amount of lag on it. In addition using it as a recovery option is near impossible to shoot for. Though...What about as an edge guarding tool?

This revolves around the same premise as the ledge scarring trick with Fox. However, you must also have the ability to cancel your illusion the moment it starts up. If you scar, and cancel the illusion the result will be Fox just dropping. And from that drop you can perform anything. Even a double jump. Its stupid hard though...Ive only been able to pull it off 3 times so far. The first two resulted in me illusionning twice in a row in quick succession followed by the illusion then a falling up air.

EDIT: Video will be up shortly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOdIRfakGOI there you go.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
For reference, you can see one at 1:35-ish, 1:50, and too lazy to look for another one.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Tried this today, and you can do some hilarious things with it. You thought Wolf had ledge scarring mindgames?

I can get it about 10% of the time now, so this isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination. If you're technical, I guess you can try to implement it.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Every character can do this.... it's just some have it easier and has a better application.

Fox/Falco/Wolf have it easiest, especially Wolf..

/has done this 1 time with Snake

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Tried this today, and you can do some hilarious things with it. You thought Wolf had ledge scarring mindgames?

I can get it about 10% of the time now, so this isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination. If you're technical, I guess you can try to implement it.
Wolf can do the same thing, right near the ledge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff4yKbpgyJk

Pretty sure Falco can too, I'm pretty sure all spacies can. You guys aren't special =p

Zhamy

Smash Champion
We never said we were special. It's just that no one's really tried to do this before for Fox, and it's **** hard for him.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
This is possible in melee, although it had considerably less application due to the lag afterwards.

I also demonstrated this and the possibilities in a video ages ago. I made a thread, but there's not much in it that isn't obvious from the video.

This is very easy to do consistently actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qknv4d4_2U

Top Bottom