• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New form of the ledge guarding?

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtrHdz8Lq2s

An interesting video, apparently you are not invincible all throughout your roll/jump/standing animations getting back onto the ledge? I'm not sure, I've tried to recreate this, I've tested things like percentages and the like, but I am really confused as to how to replicate this.

Does anyone have any idea as to how to "re-do" these recovery spikes? I haven't really been able to do anything... but you know.

I think Brawl would be a bit more interesting with these "ledge-kills".

From what I've tested, you're pretty much invulnerable throughout the entire animation, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

pockyD

Smash Legend
this type of stuff clearly varies from character to character, such that there's probably no blanket technique to cover it

keeper

Smash Champion
This is why you roll up on during your invincibility frames. I actually think there was something on the dojo about this...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I thought so. Yeah, this is old news. Someone, the creator of that video, posted here about how the edge is not a safe place. Lurk moar.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I recall getting hit many times by a Wolf Fsmash when rolling back on. Partially due to it's length, partially due to what this refers to.
[arnoldvoice]"IT'S A TRAP!!"[/arnoldvoice]

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Ouch, it hurts xD

Any character with spike can be lethal, Kirby can use it twice and Boom, KO!

Top Bottom