• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new dk.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
well i used dk in friendleys and i saw how kind-of good he is. and i was also thinking i need a secondary. so i picked him (big chars FTW!). and i wanted to know are downB and sideB good moves? also what are his best and worst stages.

ook

Smash Lord
You've made the right choice. :)

Side-b is alright. I think it's best used to punish or break people's shields. It's a lot better if you use it in the air.
You can also use it when you're coming back to the stage to stall your momentum for a second, to avoid edgeguarding.

Down-b is great. It has one of the longest ranges of any ground move.
If you're fighting someone who rolls/shields/spotdodges a lot, down-b will punish them every time.

Up-b also kicks ***. You can use it like a dash attack, or use it out of your shield. It has super armor, stays out a long time, and eats shields, so you pretty much don't have to worry about much. I swear it's like DK's version of mach tornado.

Best stages are probably Jungle Japes, Brinstar, and Delfino.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Just remember that he has bad vertical recovery so if possible try to recover horizontally, where he really shines.

Bair and Cargo throw is your friend lol.

The Director

Smash Lord
Down b is amazing, just don't get too trigger happy with it against characters with projectiles.

Side b is nowhere near the ****fest it was in Melee, but its not DKs bread and butter either. Personally, I rarely use it. Whenever I do, its usually by mistake. If you really want to add it as part of your arsenal, try nailing somebody with it in the air. To me its much easier to project where and when its going to hit while in the air than on the ground.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Aerial sideB has more range and shieldbreaking power than grounded if I'm not mistaken. It works really really really well as a mix up after SH bairs. Instead of doing short hop double bairs if they try to shield both do a short hop bair sideB. Have fun now as they will either be buried or have a broken shield. It can also be done after a short hop nair or uair. Use it to punish laggy things like upB's that were landed on the stage. Normally you would just hit them with something in their lag but use a headbutt first for the extra % before you land that f-smash or donkey punch.

Luigi player

Smash Master
SideB sucks for me... I can never use it, and when I could I rather do an attack like fsmash so I can hit them for sure... somehow everyone comes out of the sideB really fast and before I can do anything...

And I'm not sure about Jungle Japes... projectile campers like ROB make you look like a fool there =/

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
oh i was facing a kirby yesterday and he was using upb as a projectile but spacing while he did it. it was annoying as hell. how do you stop those with dk?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
oh i was facing a kirby yesterday and he was using upb as a projectile but spacing while he did it. it was annoying as hell. how do you stop those with dk?

powershield d smash when close

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
lol i know i was doing that. and i'l try that ripple but what if i don't powershield everytime?

Dk1337

Smash Rookie
lol i know i was doing that. and i'l try that ripple but what if i don't powershield everytime?
if you're good enough, u can powershield every time. also, does anyone know if priority canceling it with ftilt works? im guessing it doesnt, but it works on most other projectiles (mario/luigi fireball, falco/wolf laser, turnip)

Dk1337

Smash Rookie
lol wtf then why did you post it XD
dude, it was one of my only mistakes. at least i don't spew the bull**** most ppl do. was I wrong? yes. Am i willingly to admit im wrong? yes. go **** off

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You've made the right choice. :)
I swear it's like DK's version of mach tornado.
I was in a FFA using DK against two MKs and a Kirby. They all started doing whorenado (Kirby copied) so I use DK's up B and yell out WHORENADO! (This was offline so they heard me) Good times...good times...

viparagon

Smash Ace
dude, it was one of my only mistakes. at least i don't spew the bull**** most ppl do. was I wrong? yes. Am i willingly to admit im wrong? yes. go **** off
You've spewed out mmore bull**** in your sixteen posts than anyone I have seen on these boards. And you make tons of mistakes. Like saying that ike is broken and should be banned, treating Bigfoot like he doesn't know what he's talking about, saying how a real, inescapable combo is impractical when a vid shows it used out of powershield and trip while you say a combo that is in fact escapable, saying that your and saying that wifi proves something. Someone should ban you. NOW.

Top Bottom