• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Diddy on the block

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
hey guys, i just wanted to post saying that I have recently picked up diddy kong and will be trying very hard to get good with him. Before my tourney absence i was ranked 4th in North Carolina, previously using mk.

I know people will think im a complete idiot for dropping mk and picking up diddy, but im one of the smashers who believe, even though mk is extremely good- at high level play he is NOT the beat all win all character. Of all the Nintendo characters i would have to say diddy/ donkey kong and mario brothers are my first Nintendo played games and i really like diddys playstyle. ALOT more than mk. Hopefully i can get good enough with him and rep Diddy by pound 5!

Choice

Smash Champion
sounds legit. diddy is an amazing character too, no reason to think its dumb to be switchin it up.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeah sounds good but you will be mad
pissed when you get cp'ed to gay **** and lose simply because you aren't mk =\

Player-1

Smash Legend
too bad in my state the worst stages for diddy in most cases are RC, Brinstar, and Frig and Frig isn't even that bad, I ban brinstar, and then I <3 RC so I always win =D

Player-3

Smash Hero
d0n is pretty good

he beat me because of my lack of mu experience and his shaya exp

:C

oh and hi mongoose

tibs7

Smash Champion
I haven't lost to him either...but he wins tournaments and you don't sooooo yahhh D0N #1.

P3 Shaya is terribad, no johns
son.

Player-3

Smash Hero
matchup exp means more than player exp

ffffffff

bring me out to AUS and i'll **** your diddy with my marth and mk tibs

cuz p1s better than you and i go even with him with marth and beat him on brinstar with mk

tibs7

Smash Champion
Smash bash was so much bette than pranked bruz.
I want smash bash :(

mu exp. Helps yes but d0n da bess, marth dk is like 60:40 marf....Fkin say hi to him for me.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
my first big tourney using all diddy will prob be siege. hopefully the diddys going can help me with the char, i know NL will be riding with me.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Smash bash was so much bette than pranked bruz.
I want smash bash :(

mu exp. Helps yes but d0n da bess, marth dk is like 60:40 marf....Fkin say hi to him for me.
d0n moved to md/va when he comes back i will say hi for you though

and lol dk/marth is between 55:45 marth and 55:45 dk

so like 5:5

tibs7

Smash Champion
Haha just wanted a reaction from you, silly marf mains :)
va is Virginia? Isn't that like criminal infested? Poor Terrence :(

p3 as for coming over here, i'll start the fund soooon.
M2k will be in aus 2 weeks get hype.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Again i dont like u, ur avatar, or this post
Thanks for the worthwhile contribution to the diddy boards, but your idea is just kind of out there, you know? Maybe if we try our ftilt instead we can get the 0 death, I'll take your idea and try to work with and expand it t make it better than already is, a good set up I think would be to hit the opponent off the platform with a banana and then ftilt him for the lock and then we stary your 0 to death infinite, this is actually really useful, I can see this working against a lot of short characters like MK and Pikachu, I'll go make a video of it now.

Player-1

Smash Legend
well we have to look at frame data especially and what other chars can do. For example Marth's up is invincible on frames 1-5 and hits on 6, Marth's dancing blade comes out on frame 4, and his dsmash on frame 6 which are pretty fast moves and can punish OoS easily.

Top Bottom