• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New D-tilt Technique

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I've been playing a lot of mario lately and i discovered something incredible.

Everyone knows Mario's d-tilt right, well i've got a new technique.

It's called "Don't use this move"
It involves NEVER using the D-tilt because you can usually think of a better move by hitting any other button combination. It works because your opponent would never expect you to use the D-tilt so in a way their expecting it to break up their prediction and so by never using it you keep them on their toes.

Whatcha know about that one Eggz?!

Do i get mario sexy time points yet?

garbage

Smash Journeyman
This thread is as bad as someone going "Hey guys, Chuck Norris! Hahaha, I'm funny, right?"

Not funny.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Imma step out on a limb here and ask a dumb question...
Do you even use Mario? If not, there's this special little button on your browser called the back button. Just keep clicking that till u can't find the character specifics again

garbage

Smash Journeyman
Imma step out on a limb here and ask a dumb question...
Do you even use Mario? If not, there's this special little button on your browser called the back button. Just keep clicking that till u can't find the character specifics again
Again, not funny.

1. Why the hell do you care if I use a character in a 6-year-old video game?

2. Over-explaining is old. Stupid.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Do you have a point other than pointing things out negatively?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Again, not funny.

1. Why the hell do you care if I use a character in a 6-year-old video game?

2. Over-explaining is old. Stupid.
oooo, hostility. Seriously, what was the purpose of coming to the mario section and posting your depressing two cents into the thread?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think this thread should be closed and stickied.. it's the most important thing made since Eggz Match-Ups :)

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
what where those game designers thinking???? ****tards (got that one from the angry video game nerd =D)

LOL @ ''Hey guys, Chuck Norris! Hahahaha Im funny right?'' cant get enough of it!!!!

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Well, it's not COMPLETELY useless. When fastfallers happen to be at a overly high percentage (which happens more often than not; curse Mario and his miserable KO potential), d-tilt can set up for a sex kick finisher more reliably than any other vertical launcher he has, since u-throw/u-smash/u-tilt would knock them too high up.

But yes. Other than that extremely specific situation, d-tilt really is a terrible move.

Gea

Smash Master
Doc's dtilt is good, what are you talking about >_>
No it isn't, what are you talking about? The best thing you can do is stagespike with it if you're lucky. If not you just helped them recover.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
No it isn't, what are you talking about? The best thing you can do is stagespike with it if you're lucky. If not you just helped them recover.
lol @ edgeguarding with dtilt. Think outside the box! It's really a good move. I mean it shouldn't be used like his bair, but it's still a good move. :lick:

Pretty sure Mario's fair is better. Sets up for a better kill move at high percents and combos at low percents, as opposed to a really bad kill trajectory.
And you are? lol, even Eggz knows that Doc has a better fair than mario ;)

Jack Pack

Smash Apprentice
lol @ edgeguarding with dtilt. Think outside the box! It's really a good move. I mean it shouldn't be used like his bair, but it's still a good move. :lick:

And you are? lol, even Eggz knows that Doc has a better fair than mario ;)
>_> ;

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
mario's fair is better because dogysamich can techchase you with it until youre at 200% LOL

dont listen to 56k he doesnt know what hes talking about ;)

ye25

Smash Journeyman
So...why are we arguing about a move that we use once every 50 matches anyway...

mario-man

Smash Lord
So...why are we arguing about a move that we use once every 50 matches anyway...
are you referring to the d-tilt or the f-air? if you mean the d-tilt, yeah good question.....
if you mean the f-air, you need to get some serious Mario tips from like evry other Mario player cuz most people use it alot....or almost alot, like 10-15 times per match or more

Tujex

Smash Ace
are you referring to the d-tilt or the f-air? if you mean the d-tilt, yeah good question.....
if you mean the f-air, you need to get some serious Mario tips from like evry other Mario player cuz most people use it alot....or almost alot, like 10-15 times per match or more
Pretty sure he means Dtilt...

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
lol??? OFCOURSE Mario can fair shffl!!! its a part of his approaching system and is also good for a combo setup!!! WTF
yeah sure Docs fair is better but like Eggz said Doc cant combo as good as mario and basically all he has are finishing moves

the only combo moves he has is bair shffl and maybe uair shffl but its never as good as marios

Top Bottom