• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters: Sablé and Richard (tag-team)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Dear people who want tag team characters,

The whole tag team idea is what makes the Ice Climbers who they are. If you add another tag team character, it ruins the idea's originality as well as the character Ice Climbers. The tag team idea was meant to be used by one character, and it would suck if used any more than that.
Oh... gee...

I never thought of that.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
NO MORE ****ING ICE CLIMBER RIPOFFS. The thing that made ICs awesome was that they were unique. And it fit the game that they came from.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
tyappii's okay, but badmanJ99 is WAY better... :grin:
Check out his Mach Rider piece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRnE43j7c1g
Too bad he doesn't have more up...

Good stuff though, parrothead.
Dude, that is my favorite guitar vid. EVER.

And Matt, I do not believe there is a big Blue one, altough there should be (to my knowledge anyway)

*Shakes Head*: Wasn't this topic about Sable and Richard?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yeah, I got a bit off-topic there... Just that tyappii piece seemed to lack energy to me so I posted an example of something that was a bit more up that alley.

Back on topic, Richard in particular placed fairly high in the '99 Melee poll, so there is a good chance he might make it, although possibly as a solo character... Who knows? Maybe he is in fact Sheik's replacement as far as transforming characters go... (I still have my doubts about Samus being a transforming character...)

parrothead

Smash Lord
More Japan only characters....Parrothead, why dont you contact Nintendo and ask them to make a game full of Japan only characters, just for the people who care about them.
Sakurai didn't say he will not add a single Japan-Only character, he said he'll add a few. My threads are about some Japan-Only characters that have the best chances, in my opinion. If I contact Nintendo of America or Japan, then I would most likely talk to an employee, not Reggie Fils'Ame, Masahiro Sakurai, Shigeru Miyamoto, Satoru Iwata, nor anyone who are the heads of Nintendo. The heads of Nintendo don't want to talk to consumers on the phone, unless if they work for Nintendo or if they are some friend or someone they know.

Caael, if I were you, I would quit flaming in threads about lesser-known (but unique) Nintendo characters.

Caael

Smash Lord
I'm not flaming anything. I'm saying more important characters like Ridley and Dedede have way better chances. I would actually pay you all the money I ever will own if one of these guys gets in and Ridley and Dedede dont. Saying I dont care about Japan only characters isn't flaming either. Plus, a few J-O characters means 2-3, that's Sukapon, Takamaru, and maybe Stafy. We dont need 6-7 of them, like you are suggesting.

And I was joking about the whole 'making a J-O game'

parrothead

Smash Lord
I'm not flaming anything. I'm saying more important characters like Ridley and Dedede have way better chances. I would actually pay you all the money I ever will own if one of these guys gets in and Ridley and Dedede dont. Saying I dont care about Japan only characters isn't flaming either. Plus, a few J-O characters means 2-3, that's Sukapon, Takamaru, and maybe Stafy. We dont need 6-7 of them, like you are suggesting.

And I was joking about the whole 'making a J-O game'
I'm not actually suggesting over 10 Japan-Only characters, I was posting some possible characters. My three most wanted Japan-Only characters are DeMille, Stafy, and Skapon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not actually suggesting over 10 Japan-Only characters, I was posting some possible characters. My three most wanted Japan-Only characters are DeMille, Stafy, and Skapon.
Skapon love!!!

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
This is a tag-team similar to the Ice Climbers from Ice Climber.

Name: Sablé and Richard
First Game Appearance: Kaeru No Tame Ni Kane Wa Naru (A Bell Tolls for the Frog) (Japan-Only)

SPECIAL MOVES:

B: Ultra Fence (This move is a little slow, but it is less than half as powerful as DK's Giant Punch. It is a fence that flashes.)
Forward+B: Hop'N'Slash (Sablé and Richard will transform into their frog forms, while they'll hop and slash simultaneously against their opponent(s), until they send a firm swing against their opponent(s). After that, they'll transform back to their human forms.)
Up+B: Vertical Spin Slash (Similar to Adult/Young Link's, but vertical. Sablé and Richard put their backs against each other, while they hold their swords straight in front of themselves, while they spin vertically.)
Down+B: Snake Bite (Sablé and Richard will transform into their snake forms, and strike their opponents with a poisonous bite that may poison their opponent(s) for a very short time. After that, they'll quickly transform back to their human forms.)

Super Smash Move: Rival Duel (Sablé and Richard puts the nearest opponent between them, then they dash toward the opponent and rapidly slashes and fences their opponent while the battle clouds up around them very fast).

Taunt: Holds their swords crossed together.

Entrance: Appears on stage in their frog forms, while they both eat strange apples to change them back to human again.

And here is the commercial ad.
who are they

parrothead

Smash Lord
That's kinda sad... but you can call me sad for calling myself the Ridley messiah, as I got his music update for my birthday.
Ridley would most-likely enter as a boss than a playable character, in my opinion.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Post your reasons why you think he will be a boss in the Ridley thread, then we'll talk.

Edit: Still waiting.
I posted them, but don't reply to this post of mine, or this thread will turn into a hybrid of "New Characters: Sablé and Richard (tag-team)" and "Why/Why not Ridley in SSBB?".

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's kinda sad... but you can call me sad for calling myself the Ridley messiah, as I got his music update for my birthday.
How is that sad? If it's a good game?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I kind of want them in the game just because the main theme is so awesome. =) But I think that the characters--one, the other, or both--would be really interesting, especially given the frog (and snake) dynamic(s).

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
I would like to thank Parrothead for introducing us to all these awesome Japanese only characters, without him we wouldn't know about their existence, and he wrote a wikipedia articles for them too!!

thanks parrothead!!:):):)

i just have one question: is the blue haired one is the hero (the one you control) or the red head?? i kinda get confused between the two and different sites shows one of them (either the blue or the red).

OMG this is soo cute!! i might draw it!!

@Caael: accept the fact that these unknown characters will appear in some form in the game. (Ness, Popo and Nana, Mr.G&W, Pit, Devil ..etc):ohwell:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
i just have one question: is the blue haired one is the hero (the one you control) or the red head?? i kinda get confused between the two and different sites shows one of them (either the blue or the red).

OMG this is soo cute!! i might draw it!!

@Caael: accept the fact that these unknown characters will appear in some form in the game. (Ness, Popo and Nana, Mr.G&W, Pit, Devil ..etc):ohwell:
You play as Sablé, the prince with the auburn hair. Richard is the prince with locks of blue.

And draw as much as you like! You've got mad skillz. :bigthumbu

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
You play as Sablé, the prince with the auburn hair. Richard is the prince with locks of blue.

And draw as much as you like! You've got mad skillz.
aha! thanks for telling me, i would love to draw them but i don't have time..so the one with link is Richard?? hmm hmm:)

bother read the first post?:ohwell: Oh yeah, you are lazy enough not to do so:p

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
@Caael: Something tells me that you and I haven't played the same game, otherwise you would know better than to go around talking smack about this truly terrific game. Even though I can't read Japanese, I still found the game to thoroughly enjoyable. (There doesn't happen to be a translation available somewhere now, is there?)

After Takamaru, Sable and/or Richard are my most wanted Japanese-exclusive characters for Brawl.
(Sorry, Sukapon...)

Caael

Smash Lord
I'm not prepared to download a rom for a game i've never even heard of. I've played japanese games before though, Phantom Hourglass, Jump Super Stars. Dont assume it's just because it' Japanese, I dont want want to play

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I'm not prepared to download a rom for a game i've never even heard of. I've played japanese games before though, Phantom Hourglass, Jump Super Stars. Dont assume it's just because it' Japanese, I dont want want to play
Erm... When did this become a question of whether the game is in Japanese or not? The only reason I mentioned the Japanese bit is because of the fact that I enjoyed playing the game in spite of the language barrier. You're the one assuming that the game isn't worth playing simply because you've never heard of it. Trust me, some of the best games I've ever played didn't receive a whole lot of attention.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Erm... When did this become a question of whether the game is in Japanese or not? The only reason I mentioned the Japanese bit is because of the fact that I enjoyed playing the game in spite of the language barrier. You're the one assuming that the game isn't worth playing simply because you've never heard of it. Trust me, some of the best games I've ever played didn't receive a whole lot of attention.
Much like Journey to Silius, Metal Storm, and Stunt Race FX.

Top Bottom