• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
I'm... not understanding where this hostility is coming from. I was just pointing out that there are reasons as to why I gave Pichu one of my only two downvotes in this thread, and why other people in this thread also don't want Pichu. In addition I was trying to initiate the topic of character moveset vs a character's... well, character.

Listen, if you want to promote Pichu because you think he's worthwhile, that's absolutely your opinion and I'm not going to berate you for supporting him. But I also don't go around belittling people because they disagree with me. Let's keep it civil.
It's coming from the fact that you belittled my idea and argument as if you knew more than me.

This IS Project M, not Smash 4. How many times do I have to say it? We ALL have our favorites, but in the end we just use characters that fit our playstyle. Look at Megaman! Everybody wanted him but by the time the game launched, not gery many people used him or even felt hyped to have him in the game. Now look at Fox or Captain Falcon. They are among the most mained characters in Melee but do you think there would have been crowds of people cheering for their inclusion? This goes for Project M even more since it is a competitive game and one that has limited slots and relatively limited choices. Ridley, Lyn, Issac, Masked Man, and Rawk Hawk. I voted for these characters not only because I loved their character but because of their realistically possible creation and fun moveset potential. Lyn would be a combination of Marth, 3.0 Meta Knight, and Lucario. Ridley would be some combination of DK, Meta Knight, R.O.B., and Pit. Masked Man would be Lucas and Mewtwo mooshed together. You get the point.

Also HALF VOTE TO PICHU plz. I like him but not as much as my 5 up votes.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It's coming from the fact that you belittled my idea and argument as if you knew more than me.

This IS Project M, not Smash 4. How many times do I have to say it? We ALL have our favorites, but in the end we just use characters that fit our playstyle (at least in MOST cases *coughIceClimberscough*). Look at Megaman! Everybody wanted him but by the time the game launched, not gery many people used him or even felt hyped to have him in the game. Now look at Fox or Captain Falcon. They are among the most mained characters in Melee but do you think there would have been crowds of people cheering for their inclusion? This goes for Project M even more since it is a competitive game and one that has limited slots and relatively limited choices. Ridley, Lyn, Issac, Masked Man, and Rawk Hawk. I voted for these characters not only because I loved their character but because of their realistically possible creation and fun moveset potential. Lyn would be a combination of Marth, 3.0 Meta Knight, and Lucario. Ridley would be some combination of DK, Meta Knight, R.O.B., and Pit. Masked Man would be Lucas and Mewtwo mooshed together. You get the point.

Also HALF VOTE TO PICHU plz. I like him but not as much as my 5 up votes.
While gameplay>everything else, peoples also want to play as something they like and not only because of the playstyle. Would anyone be interested in SSB if it would have what originally was going to be its cast (basically Street Fighter, but even more boring), but would have gameplay SSB is known for? Project M isn't a "No fun, Melee only, Final Destination" mod. It is both for competetive players and those who want to have some fun. Otherwise, things like alt costumes, HD remakes of stages, easter eggs, etc. would not be here since they are useless for anything like this.

Also, Ridley should have some Charizard and Bowser in him.

Last edited:

Insanity's Bane

Smash Rookie
leekslap said:
I don't know where you got the impression that I belittled your idea and argument and I certainly didn't mean it like that.

leekslap said:
This IS Project M, not Smash 4. How many times do I have to say it? We ALL have our favorites, but in the end we just use characters that fit our playstyle. Look at Megaman! Everybody wanted him but by the time the game launched, not gery many people used him or even felt hyped to have him in the game. Now look at Fox or Captain Falcon. They are among the most mained characters in Melee but do you think there would have been crowds of people cheering for their inclusion? This goes for Project M even more since it is a competitive game and one that has limited slots and relatively limited choices. Ridley, Lyn, Issac, Masked Man, and Rawk Hawk. I voted for these characters not only because I loved their character but because of their realistically possible creation and fun moveset potential. Lyn would be a combination of Marth, 3.0 Meta Knight, and Lucario. Ridley would be some combination of DK, Meta Knight, R.O.B., and Pit. Masked Man would be Lucas and Mewtwo mooshed together. You get the point.
That implies that I don't play my favorite characters in Smash like Mewtwo, or Ness, or Pit. Yes, I do play characters for how they play sometimes (like Peach); but just because people main characters for those reasons doesn't mean everyone does, especially in Project M where everyone is competitively viable. Well, except Jiggs.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
While gameplay>everything else, peoples also want to play as something they like and not only because of the playstyle. Would anyone be interested in SSB if it would have what originally was going to be its cast (basically Street Fighter, but even more boring), but would have gameplay SSB is known for? Project M isn't a "No fun, Melee only, Final Destination" mod. It is both for competetive players and those who want to have some fun. Otherwise, things like alt costumes, HD remakes of stages, easter eggs, etc. would not be here since they are useless for anything like this.

Hey, why aren't you making ridley based off how he looks in brawl? It feels like he would fit in more (obviously) than his new form, which I also like but still, and are you making him smaller?

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Hey, why aren't you making ridley based off how he looks in brawl? It feels like he would fit in more (obviously) than his new for, which I also like but still, and are you making him smaller?
He reached animation file size limits on his old model (Brawl Ridley) meaning he can't use it. He was closer to completion by the time this happened. But in order for him to use that old model someone would have to re-rig it with less bones, I tried to re-rig his old model myself but I'm terrible at rigging. So for now he's using the Other M model since it has less bones.

Last edited:

ManaT

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0130-2279-3947
Pichu brings fast paced hit and run play style that with a few changes would have him be a unique character. I didn't play Pichu because he was a "trash" character His play style was fun and I love the character. Pichu is a veteran and besides the too many pokemon reps argument (which I don't think is a reason to not add anyone) the only other argument I've seen is someone hates the character. I love project M so much more than melee and It'd be amazing to have one of my favorite characters added into PM

If Pichu isn't added I want a skin of Ridley where Pichu is riding on his back.

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
Pichu brings fast paced hit and run play style that with a few changes would have him be a unique character. I didn't play Pichu because he was a "trash" character His play style was fun and I love the character. Pichu is a veteran and besides the too many pokemon reps argument (which I don't think is a reason to not add anyone) the only other argument I've seen is someone hates the character. I love project M so much more than melee and It'd be amazing to have one of my favorite characters added into PM

If Pichu isn't added I want a skin of Ridley where Pichu is riding on his back.
What about the argument "There are bunch more interesting choices than an even more Lightweight Pikachu"

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What about the argument "There are bunch more interesting choices than an even more Lightweight Pikachu"
Or that Pichu has been just yet another pokemon since its Gen 6 already, so, it doesn't deserves the slot (and in this case, they do exist) in Project M even if it is a veteran (that not many like).

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399

You didn't understand what I meant and you are not taking into account whether a character is worth the hours of work. Making fan service/fun stages like the new Hanebow, Dracula's Castle, and Infinite Glacier or making costumes for a character is much different than creating a whole new character. The PMDT will listen to what the fans want but sometimes creating that character is illogical or difficult like Shadow or K. Rool. Even just creating a clone with barely changed stats and a new model, like Dark Pit, requires a lot of work. Getting new characters is the same as a trend. Once it's done/added into the game, people are already hungry for more, and the dev team doesn't have the luxury of being able to deal with it because they have limited slots, so its better to have unique characters that add something new to the game than a bunch of random characters that people want for whatever reason like Toad or Black Shadow. People don't know what they want until you show them, and the dev team knows that. It shows in the Ganon changes and in the leaked character that saying he didn't have as much of a following as the other leaked characters is an understatement at best, and yet I haven't heard a single person who complained about him because he was done well. Why was he done well? Because of his moveset.

Insanity's Bane

Smash Rookie
It shows in the Ganon changes and in the leaked character that saying he didn't have as much of a following as the other leaked characters is an understatement at best, and yet I haven't heard a single person who complained about him because he was done well. Why was he done well? Because of his moveset.
yeah it's totally just that reason no one is complaining and not because people have enough respect for the PMDT to not blatantly talk about the leak

ManaT

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0130-2279-3947
Thats where opinions come in. I think Pichu is way more interesting then say advance wars. Unless you are talking pure visually I don't see Pichu as a lightweight Pikachu

Or that Pichu has been just yet another pokemon since its Gen 6 already, so, it doesn't deserves the slot (and in this case, they do exist) in Project M even if it is a veteran (that not many like).
Pichu isn't just another pokemon though, he is a smash pokemon and in my opinion deserves the spot because of that fact.

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
Thats where opinions come in. I think Pichu is way more interesting then say advance wars. Unless you are talking pure visually I don't see Pichu as a lightweight Pikachu

Pichu isn't just another pokemon though, he is a smash pokemon and in my opinion deserves the spot because of that fact.
Pichu be uninteresting it's an opinion that most people share. Specailly when you compare it to characters like Isaac.
And "Pichu deserves to be smash" is also an opinion. Which most people don't sahre.

Oh and I'm sorry you are right Pichu is not only a lightweight Pikachu. It is a lightweight Pikachu who hurst itself.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
So yeah, basically my confirmed 5 characters are Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, Waluigi, and Ninten. I wish other people shared my taste in character choice

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
yeah it's totally just that reason no one is complaining and not because people have enough respect for the PMDT to not blatantly talk about the leak
Dude I've read a lot of comments on the leak and everyone just says they are fine with the leaked characters. 3.02 Ganon players hated the idea of a Ganon with float but the dev team made it work and nobody complained. If you care more about the moveset and actually take a second to imagine the character in action then suddenly a whole bunch of characters suddenly become clone engine viable in your mind such as most of the retro characters, Issac, and more rather than being limited to your objectively unimportant tastes. You have that condescending tone again btw

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
They play different, unless you think Luigi is a floaty Mario.
Yeah, Pichu just hurts himself when using electric attacks and has s**t range, nearly no weight and small size. Luigi has attacks that Mario doesn't. All of Pichu's attacks are Pikachu's, but they hurt him. Im talking about Melee Pichu at least.

ManaT

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0130-2279-3947
Yeah, Pichu just hurts himself when using electric attacks and has s**t range, nearly no weight and small size. Luigi has attacks that Mario doesn't. All of Pichu's attacks are Pikachu's, but they hurt him. Im talking about Melee Pichu at least.
Like I said
Pichu brings fast paced hit and run play style that with a few changes would have him be a unique character.

He already plays differently then Pikachu, with a few changes he would be Luigified. I personally would love to see PMDT take on him damaging himself if they even want to keep that in.

Last edited:

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Well Melee Pichu doesn't really matter so... I'm not agreeing with ManaT btw. Imao I'm the only Pichu defender who's saying something logical.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well Melee Pichu doesn't really matter so... I'm not agreeing with ManaT btw. Imao I'm the only Pichu defender who's saying something logical.
Speaking of it:
You didn't understand what I meant and you are not taking into account whether a character is worth the hours of work. Making fan service/fun stages like the new Hanebow, Dracula's Castle, and Infinite Glacier or making costumes for a character is much different than creating a whole new character. The PMDT will listen to what the fans want but sometimes creating that character is illogical or difficult like Shadow or K. Rool. Even just creating a clone with barely changed stats and a new model, like Dark Pit, requires a lot of work. Getting new characters is the same as a trend. Once it's done/added into the game, people are already hungry for more, and the dev team doesn't have the luxury of being able to deal with it because they have limited slots, so its better to have unique characters that add something new to the game than a bunch of random characters that people want for whatever reason like Toad or Black Shadow. People don't know what they want until you show them, and the dev team knows that. It shows in the Ganon changes and in the leaked character that saying he didn't have as much of a following as the other leaked characters is an understatement at best, and yet I haven't heard a single person who complained about him because he was done well. Why was he done well? Because of his moveset.
Then why not add Alloys for all of those slots with unique movesets with a unique mechanics? It is very easy since they don't have many bones and overall are easy to work with. Will anyone like that? Since slots are limited, its better to care both about the character itself and the moveset. Pichu can have only one of those. He is canonically a inferiour version of Pikachu (he evolves into him, i know) and has nothing else that makes him different among 1000+ other pokemons other than that he appeared in Melee.
Dude I've read a lot of comments on the leak and everyone just says they are fine with the leaked characters. 3.02 Ganon players hated the idea of a Ganon with float but the dev team made it work and nobody complained. If you care more about the moveset and actually take a second to imagine the character in action then suddenly a whole bunch of characters suddenly become clone engine viable in your mind such as most of the retro characters, Issac, and more rather than being limited to your objectively unimportant tastes. You have that condescending tone again btw
They are fine with them not because they are unique (and they are not). They just wanted them. But i heard enough of those who hate that 2nd one shown played by 2nd player in that video is included for various reasons.
Someone complained? I complained only about nearly useless reflector that replaced nearly useless attack for example. But complaining about replacing something so useless with another recovery option that allows you to also stop before opponent Up Smashes you and punish him with thunderboots to the face? The only thing i heard them complain about is that Ganondorf is still a Captain Falcon semi-clone.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You're either trolling or don't know what you're talking about
Pichu is a inferiour Pikachu clone (horrible range, high speed, small size, hurts itself when using nearly every attack, mediocre knockback). Luigi is a semi-clone. It is official.
Metal Mario is a smash character and deserves the spot because of that fact. Giant DK is a smash character and deserves the spot because of that fact. X color Alloy/Fighting Polygon/Wireframe is a smash character and deserves the spot because of that fact.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Speaking of it:

Then why not add Alloys for all of those slots with unique movesets with a unique mechanics? It is very easy since they don't have many bones and overall are easy to work with. Will anyone like that? Since slots are limited, its better to care both about the character itself and the moveset. Pichu can have only one of those. He is canonically a inferiour version of Pikachu (he evolves into him, i know) and has nothing else that makes him different among 1000+ other pokemons other than that he appeared in Melee.

They are fine with them not because they are unique (and they are not). They just wanted them. But i heard enough of those who hate that 2nd one shown played by 2nd player in that video is included for various reasons.
Someone complained? I complained only about nearly useless reflector that replaced nearly useless attack for example. But complaining about replacing something so useless with another recovery option that allows you to also stop before opponent Up Smashes you and punish him with thunderboots to the face? The only thing i heard them complain about is that Ganondorf is still a Captain Falcon semi-clone.
Because Alloys don't really have anything unique about them. They are basically clones without special moves. But if someone went crazy with Alloys and made em cool then I would be all for it. Just look at the old PSA, Wisp. Completely new character. Fan favorite characters with unique but not impossible movesets is the best case scenario, but movesets should have more value than opinions. If there's one thing Smash has proven, it's that they don't really give a **** about canon. Explain DK not having his classic dash attack until now and the entire character of Captain Falcon and IDK characters from different universes fighting to the death.

They are totally unique and you not seeing that shows how little you know about competitive Smash. Ganon's reflector is not useless. It's limited to certain projectiles and requires fast reflexes to hit. I use his float for fake outs and mindgames, not recovery even though everyone says its really good for that. Anyone who says Falcon and Ganon are clones clearly know nothing of the characters.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Well Pichu's attacks only hurt him if they touch him, so in competitve play, like PM is targeted towards, people could use Pichu effectively. I've seen plenty of videos of people rocking Pichu. Anlso, the PMDT would be bound to make changes to the character, so maybe the sideB wouldn't be skull-bash, but rather volt-tackle, like Fox's SideB. Maybe UpB could be Double-Edge(Pichu can learn that) which would send him upwards, dealing massive damage to both an enemy and himself.

ManaT

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0130-2279-3947
Pichu is a inferiour Pikachu clone (horrible range, high speed, small size, hurts itself when using nearly every attack, mediocre knockback). Luigi is a semi-clone. It is official.
I don't see how small size and high speed makes him inferior. Pichu would not be a 1 to 1 port of melee no one I've seen is asking for that so knockback and other "inferior" things would be changed to make him balanced

Metal Mario is a smash character and deserves the spot because of that fact. Giant DK is a smash character and deserves the spot because of that fact. X color Alloy/Fighting Polygon/Wireframe is a smash character and deserves the spot because of that fact.
Metal Mario and Giant DK are playable in special smash, if you want to have a special where you can be Pichu I'm all for it.
I'd support alloys if they were well fleshed out.

Last edited:

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Well Pichu's attacks only hurt him if they touch him, so in competitve play, like PM is targeted towards, people could use Pichu effectively. I've seen plenty of videos of people rocking Pichu. Anlso, the PMDT would be bound to make changes to the character, so maybe the sideB wouldn't be skull-bash, but rather volt-tackle, like Fox's SideB. Maybe UpB could be Double-Edge(Pichu can learn that) which would send him upwards, dealing massive damage to both an enemy and himself.
Read my Pichu idea on the previous page. Your idea sucks lol. And vids of people rocking Pichu? That's M2K beating scrubs

Dellexe

Smash Rookie
"Pichu's Melee moveset sucked./Just an inferior version of Pikachu."
-
Following this logic:
We should remove Roy from the game because in Melee he was just an inferior version of Marth, and thus doesn't deserve to be in Project M.
-
But wait, Roy is really popular in Project M and has been tweaked to be different from his longtime superior, Marth, while still retaining his core identity. Why can the PMDT not do this with Pichu? Take that weak Melee character and tweak them to be different from their better counterpart while still retaining their identity of a light, glass-cannon character with good speed and the self-damage gimmick.
-
Tons of people have posted great ideas for making Pichu unique from Pikachu while still being Pichu. Making Pichu Bros, making his specials different, giving him a charge meter to make him more powerful as he moves, etc. Melee Pichu doesn't make him not worth being in Project M. They are two different games and Pichu would not be the same exact clone of Pikachu as he is in Melee, as is shown with Roy.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Gee i really hope Lyn or Knuckles get in..

Heh..

i'maloser..

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Because Alloys don't really have anything unique about them. They are basically clones without special moves. But if someone went crazy with Alloys and made em cool then I would be all for it. Just look at the old PSA, Wisp. Completely new character. Fan favorite characters with unique but not impossible movesets is the best case scenario, but movesets should have more value than opinions. If there's one thing Smash has proven, it's that they don't really give a **** about canon. Explain DK not having his classic dash attack until now and the entire character of Captain Falcon and IDK characters from different universes fighting to the death.

They are totally unique and you not seeing that shows how little you know about competitive Smash. Ganon's reflector is not useless. It's limited to certain projectiles and requires fast reflexes to hit. I use his float for fake outs and mindgames, not recovery even though everyone says its really good for that. Anyone who says Falcon and Ganon are clones clearly know nothing of the characters.
But who would want all of those slots getting used by, while unique in moveset, completly uninteresting characters? And we already have at least 4 characters (Mewtwo, Roy, X and Y) on those slots that aren't unique, but at least 2 of them are fan favourites, so, they don't put moveset above character itself. I didn't used canon as an excuse why Pichu should also suck, i meant that it isn't anyhow interesting since it basically is an inferiour Pikachu.

I said nearly useless. Opponent will most likely stop using projectiles unless Ganondorf can't do anything. Ganondorf is officially a Captain Falcon semi-clone since Brawl. Project M made him more unique, but he is still a semi-clone. Semi-clone>>>>Clone, but still not a completly unique character.
-
Following this logic:
We should remove Roy from the game because in Melee he was just an inferior version of Marth, and thus doesn't deserve to be in Project M.
-
But wait, Roy is really popular in Project M and has been tweaked to be different from his longtime superior, Marth, while still retaining his core identity. Why can the PMDT not do this with Pichu? Take that weak Melee character and tweak them to be different from their better counterpart while still retaining their identity of a light, glass-cannon character with good speed and the self-damage gimmick.
-
Tons of people have posted great ideas for making Pichu unique from Pikachu while still being Pichu. Making Pichu Bros, making his specials different, giving him a charge meter to make him more powerful as he moves, etc. Melee Pichu doesn't make him not worth being in Project M. They are two different games and Pichu would not be the same exact clone of Pikachu as he is in Melee, as is shown with Roy.
Roy and Mewtwo were fan favourites. That is why they were added. Pichu clearly isn't. Dr.Mario is kinda close to those 2, but he is still Mario, so, it makes sense to leave him as an alt.

Last edited:

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
Like I said

He already plays differently then Pikachu, with a few changes he would be Luigified. I personally would love to see PMDT take on him damaging himself if they even want to keep that in.
Considering the miracles they've worked with Ganondorf, I wouldn't put it past the PMBR to be able to come up with an interesting twist to vary up Pichu's gameplay.

That said, I can respect people's opinions on not wanting him, and I wholly concede that the overabundance of Pokemon is a valid concern. I don't really think "He sucked in the last game" is the fairest argument to use against a character however, given the miracles they've worked with Mewtwo, Game and Watch, Zelda, Bowser, Ness, and other bottom tier fighters in SSBM-- or Kirby, who was even worse.

The PMBR knows what they're doing though... I can think of certain characters now that I'm not very excited to see personally. For example, Shadow. I'd take Knuckles over that guy in a heartbeat-- Either way, Shadow could be announced tomorrow for all I know, and I'm sure the PMBR could make him an incredibly well-designed and fun character if he were done right, as they could do with anyone.

The only exceptions in terms of characters I couldn't get behind are either characters who would be a coding nightmare (Young Link w/ his masks), or characters who are against the rules of the clone engine (e.g: Geno, Sm4sh newcomers and anyone who wasn't in Brawl in some form). Even then, I won't deny that many of those characters would be awesome if done properly.

I can think of characters like Game and Watch and the Ice Climbers that I would have never suggested in a million years if they hadn't been in Melee, who have some of the coolest/most original playstyles, which is why I don't want to close my mind off to unorthodox suggestions like Sukapon, or characters like Sami that I'm less familiar with, in spite of the limited clone spots. Sobliminal posted tons of great Ray 01 ideas in this thread that are worth checking out. I don't personally downvote because of stuff like this--There's no way I'll know for sure that a character could turn out to be way more interesting than I expected.

But not so much as Ridley though :denzel:

Last edited:

ManaT

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0130-2279-3947
-
Following this logic:
-
-

Thank you

Geno Boost

Smash Master
No I'm being 100% serious.
Well this leak was different than the other leaks it's not just a picture there is a video also 50% people who did watch this video in 2008 did think this is real. this video did come before any brawl model hack (there was just changing color hacks but this doesnt count as full new model) but now i think its fake

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I don't see how small size and high speed makes him inferior. Pichu would not be a 1 to 1 port of melee no one I've seen is asking for that so knockback and other "inferior" things would be changed to make him balanced

Metal Mario and Giant DK are playable in special smash, if you want to have a special where you can be Pichu I'm all for it.
I'd support alloys if they were well fleshed out.
Small size gives him inferiour range. Speed was listed as one of his attributes, not just what makes him inferiour. And we were talking about Melee Pichu since Project M Pichu doesn't exists.

Thats not exactly what i meant.

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
I'll be honest, I'm not interested in Pichu as a Project M character, but I can see possible ways to make him or them relevant, Pichu Bros, the Static ability from the Kirby series. Personally I made a moveset (well, B moveset) revolving around mashing the special button for increased startup to the specials, but better effects and reduced ending lag.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I am against Pichu's inclusion because he doesn't have a sword.

This game does not have enough sword characters

All five clone engine characters must have swords

Everyone must have swords

EVERYONE
Ghirahim, Fi, that Mario RGP giant sword guy, Master Core sword form and that Skyward Sword boss with many scimitars confirmed.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
But who would want all of those slots getting used by, while unique in moveset, completly uninteresting characters? And we already have at least 4 characters (Mewtwo, Roy, X and Y) on those slots that aren't unique, but at least 2 of them are fan favourites, so, they don't put moveset above character itself. I didn't used canon as an excuse why Pichu should also suck, i meant that it isn't anyhow interesting since it basically is an inferiour Pikachu.

I said nearly useless. Opponent will most likely stop using projectiles unless Ganondorf can't do anything. Ganondorf is officially a Captain Falcon semi-clone since Brawl. Project M made him more unique, but he is still a semi-clone. Semi-clone>>>>Clone, but still not a completly unique character.

Roy and Mewtwo were fan favourites. That is why they were added. Pichu clearly isn't. Dr.Mario is kinda close to those 2, but he is still Mario, so, it makes sense to leave him as an alt.
I think alloys are interesting, and you can't argue against that. Same as I can't argue against your opinions so at least try to be objective. Roy and Mewtwo are so much different than Lucario and Marth. Don't talk about things you don't understand. Seriously WTF are you saying! Its like you are purposely ignoring the fact that these characters are so much different from their base. This is freakin Project M. Pichu will be balanced. Inferior my ass!

But Ganon's reflector is not nearly useless. Then Ganon is the most unique "clone" of all. DK and Falcon are more clones than Falcon and Ganon. I've mained both characters so just trust me on this one.

Also because they are veterans with very unique movesets while still being relatively easy to do. Pichu is contreversial but not as unwanted as you make him out to be.
Small size gives him inferiour range. Speed was listed as one of his attributes, not just what makes him inferiour. And we were talking about Melee Pichu since Project M Pichu doesn't exists.

Thats not exactly what i meant.
But my Pichu will have much better movement and recovery than Pikachu so he's not exactly inferior. Then based on Ridley's boss battle, he will be too slow and vulnerable with attacks that are easily dodgeable.
I'll be honest, I'm not interested in Pichu as a Project M character, but I can see possible ways to make him or them relevant, Pichu Bros, the Static ability from the Kirby series. Personally I made a moveset (well, B moveset) revolving around mashing the special button for increased startup to the specials, but better effects and reduced ending lag.
I am literally one of the few people who has good ideas for Pichu. Read my suggestion on the previous page plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom