• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
I sorely wish that Machamp could be a thing, somehow... the idea of Submission and Cross Chop is, like, Smash Bros dream come true.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
I want pichu to be buried forever.
My sentiments exactly. I think I'll repost what I said before about Pichu.
Seriously guys? I just posted an extremely good idea for a unique Pichu and it's like it went over your heads. This IS Project M, not Smash 4. Importance and reps my ass. You think Rawk Hawk gives a crap about that? No he doesn't and Rawk Hawk is god lol. And Dragonite isn't that important and brings less to the table than Pichu! I guess they could use Multiscale as his gimmick, but it would probably be broken and it's not the point. The point is Pichu has the moveset and the closure so people vote for him. Shut up already with females and reps. Think MOVESETS guys. Movesets!

Insanity's Bane

Smash Rookie
Seriously guys? I just posted an extremely good idea for a unique Pichu and it's like it went over your heads. This IS Project M, not Smash 4. Importance and reps my ***. You think Rawk Hawk gives a crap about that? No he doesn't and Rawk Hawk is god lol. And Dragonite isn't that important and brings less to the table than Pichu! I guess they could use Multiscale as his gimmick, but it would probably be broken and it's not the point. The point is Pichu has the moveset and the closure so people vote for him. Shut up already with females and reps. Think MOVESETS guys. Movesets!
This post kinda highlights a recurring theme in this thread: Moveset potential vs. character's personality/significance/popularity. Personally I don't like Pichu, both how he played in Melee and in his origin series. Personally I believe there is such a thing as over-representation. Personally I think there is a huge list of characters more deserving of a clone engine slot. It all comes down to personal preference, obviously. And I don't want to see Pichu in Project M; Jigglypuff fills the niche of the pointless character anyways. #shotsfired

(Also I didn't glance over your post; I didn't mention because I was unimpressed.)

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Seriously guys? I just posted an extremely good idea for a unique Pichu and it's like it went over your heads. This IS Project M, not Smash 4. Importance and reps my ***. You think Rawk Hawk gives a crap about that? No he doesn't and Rawk Hawk is god lol. And Dragonite isn't that important and brings less to the table than Pichu! I guess they could use Multiscale as his gimmick, but it would probably be broken and it's not the point. The point is Pichu has the moveset and the closure so people vote for him. Shut up already with females and reps. Think MOVESETS guys. Movesets!
Pichu will never be in Project M.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
This post kinda highlights a recurring theme in this thread: Moveset potential vs. character's personality/significance/popularity. Personally I don't like Pichu, both how he played in Melee and in his origin series. Personally I believe there is such a thing as over-representation. Personally I think there is a huge list of characters more deserving of a clone engine slot. It all comes down to personal preference, obviously. And I don't want to see Pichu in Project M; Jigglypuff fills the niche of the pointless character anyways. #shotsfired

(Also I didn't glance over your post; I didn't mention because I was unimpressed.)
Wow and I was ready to have a decent civil conversation. You are pretty condescending for a rookie. I thought I had a reputation for bashing rookies. I'll return the favor.

Wow great argument genius. I dawn vot pichu becuz... I don like him. People and their opinions!

Come up with a better one little man because I haven't heard anything from you but votes and bad logic!

Insanity's Bane

Smash Rookie
Wow and I was ready to have a decent civil conversation. You are pretty condescending for a rookie. I thought I had a reputation for bashing rookies. I'll return the favor.

Wow great argument genius. I dawn vot pichu becuz... I don like him. People and their opinions!

Come up with a better one little man because I haven't heard anything from you but votes and bad logic!
I'm... not understanding where this hostility is coming from. I was just pointing out that there are reasons as to why I gave Pichu one of my only two downvotes in this thread, and why other people in this thread also don't want Pichu. In addition I was trying to initiate the topic of character moveset vs a character's... well, character.

Listen, if you want to promote Pichu because you think he's worthwhile, that's absolutely your opinion and I'm not going to berate you for supporting him. But I also don't go around belittling people because they disagree with me. Let's keep it civil.

Last edited:

Legtendga

Smash Rookie
Lyn doesn't add much in series representation (i.e. series has several reps)
Canondwarf would likely end up more like a Link/Zelda cross, using more magic than sword, and same for Isaac.
Pichu and Young Link are no good on many levels (particularly Pichu), and it has been kinda beaten to death why, so forget 'em.
Andy or Sami are fine choises, new series rep, and a more brute force take on Snake is always fun.
Knuckles would be an oddball, but he really is the most logical 2nd rep from any 3rd party franchise that has no real chance at official Smash. So that's something. And brute force Sonic sounds fun aswell.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Let's not forget that amazing flash step spec...

Wait, why are we even talking about this again. Seriously. Also, if you thought that looked like a Marth clone there is something wrong with you.

Legtendga

Smash Rookie
Marth has a bow?
Wow, I may've missed that bit. (Flashstep was noted, but not enough of a game changer to remove all notions of fairly direct clone.) Aerial game and neut attacks look similar (as do throws lol <_>), but I don't know why I thought Direct Marth Clone, rewatching it.
Maintain that it's a bit of a waist in terms of rep, and a yet more interesting moveset and/or character could've been used.
Removed the incorrect Lyn bit from earlier post. Shoulda rewatched prior to posting, sorry. :/

Last edited:

Legtendga

Smash Rookie
Nope, nothing of the sort at all nope nope nope.
But Petey Parahna is all but confirmed at this point.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
Wow, I may've missed that bit. (Flashstep was noted, but not enough of a game changer to remove all notions of fairly direct clone.) Aerial game and neut attacks look similar (as do throws lol <_>), but I don't know why I thought Direct Marth Clone, rewatching it.
Maintain that it's a bit of a waist in terms of rep, and a yet more interesting moveset and/or character could've been used.
Removed the incorrect Lyn bit from earlier post. Shoulda rewatched prior to posting, sorry. :/
Again I stress that she is the First english game's first lord. She's plenty unique as a fighter and character and could round out the fe crew nicely.

Last edited:

Dellexe

Smash Rookie
The-character-who-shall-not-be-named looked more Meta Knightish than Marthish to me, except, you know, with projectiles.

Shin F.

Smash Master
but geno was going to appear in brawl but it was removed and there is unused forest maze music (geno song)
I know of that image and the video it came from, but those weren't real, and his theme song doesn't constitute an actual appearance by the character himself even if it wasn't removed. The rule is there so that only characters licensed to appear in Brawl can be picked, and Geno wasn't.

I like Geno, too. He's one of my favorite characters, but he's against the rules of Project M's Clone Engine.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I know of that image and the video it came from, but those weren't real, and his theme song doesn't constitute an actual appearance by the character himself even if it wasn't removed. The rule is there so that only characters licensed to appear in Brawl can be picked, and Geno wasn't.

I like Geno, too. He's one of my favorite characters, but he's against the rules of Project M's Clone Engine.
where is the proof that says this is fake? and if you saw the video you should know that this video was posted in 2008. and back in 2008 no one did can use hack that look like this plus if you saw geno icon its not like mario charcters icons. geno icon does have a star and mushroom but mario charcters have just mushroom icon and this game might be the beta version of SSBB

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
where is the proof that says this is fake? and if you saw the video you should know that this video was posted in 2008. and back in 2008 no one did can use hack that look like this plus if you saw geno icon its not like mario charcters icons. geno icon does have a star and mushroom but mario charcters have just mushroom icon and this game might be the beta version of SSBB
1: The model isn't very good. Nowhere close to Brawl standards.
2: There is tons of scrapped character data found on the disc. None of it belongs to Geno.
3: If there was any, why would they call him by the name they do with the symbols? That isn't even his name in the Japanese version.
4: When Brawl freezes, it doesn't make the sound effect heard in the video, with the stuttering audio. It makes a loud beep.
5: It would be easy to fake with some basic 3D and Video software and a good capture card.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
1: The model isn't very good. Nowhere close to Brawl standards.
2: There is tons of scrapped character data found on the disc. None of it belongs to Geno.
3: If there was any, why would they call him by the name they do with the symbols? That isn't even his name in the Japanese version.
4: When Brawl freezes, it doesn't make the sound effect heard in the video, with the stuttering audio. It makes a loud beep.
5: It would be easy to fake with some basic 3D and Video software and a good capture card.
1:the model is incomplet just like his animation because it was removed before it was finished
2:because it was the beta version and it was removed from the final version and the only thing that still here was the unused forest maze music
3:because this is his real name if you played SMRPG
4:maybe it changes when you freeze the game when he says GO!
5:back in 2008 no one did this

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Depends how far you want to take that. By the rationale that we have for Dr. Mario alt, he is a "different identity." Actually so is the alt for Lucas, referencing an outright different character from that game. Granted, I would imagine that you are arguing orders of magnitude, but... hey, I could think of a worse use for alt outfits.

Also, is that a Big Band avatar? If so, you remind me that when Beowulf comes out, I seriously may look into getting that game...
He's already available in the Endless Beta if you have it on PC. He's pretty fun.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
1:the model is incomplet just like his animation because it was removed before it was finished
2:because it was the beta version and it was removed from the final version and the only thing that still here was the unused forest maze music
3:because this is his real name if you played SMRPG
4:maybe it changes when you freeze the game when he says GO!
5:back in 2008 no one did this
Spoilered so that other people can ignore if they want.
1: Incomplete or not, the model would look better than this if it was legitimate. If it was incomplete, it would be more likely to have parts or textures that were missing, not ugly.

2: Other characters that were removed have traces left behind. You can still find data and character slots for them, labelled with their names. This is not true for Geno, of whom no trace can be found.

3: If your profile is right and you're 14 years old, I've been playing Super Mario RPG since before you were born. I know what his name is. His true name in Japanese was a different series of characters, so if they were going with his true name, they would have used those for anything in beta, not the English version.

In any case, there's no way they would go with his true name, because he's much more well-known by the name of Geno. Even in the credits of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, he is referred to as such.

4: No, it doesn't. I've gotten freezes from many points in the game in the course of modding it. It is always a loud beep, and has never been a stutter.

5: Pssh, of course they did. People fake stuff like this all the time.
Aside from all that, it's the final version of Brawl that matters. Anything that may or may not have been in beta is irrelevant.

Of course, if you want him that badly, you could always add him yourself. There's a PSA on Brawl Vault that replaces ROB with Geno. Not sure if it works with Project M, but it's pretty fun.
Geno 2.png

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I honestly hated playing as Meta Knight after my Brawl experiences. Project M and Smash 4 did me no favors in wanting to either. I'm all for Lyn if she is less janky than Meta Knight.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Of course, if you want him that badly, you could always add him yourself. There's a PSA on Brawl Vault that replaces ROB with Geno. Not sure if it works with Project M, but it's pretty fun.
Well the people who did make this brawl geno didn't finish him yet and some of his moves are not from smrpg and I don't know why they did give him yellow color behind his hat and outside the cape and they didn't put him in project m

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well the people who did make this brawl geno didn't finish him yet and some of his moves are not from smrpg and I don't know why they did give him yellow color behind his hand and outside the cape and they didn't put him in project m
It doesn't matters was mod made for Project M or vBrawl in most cases (some are incompatible, but those aren't that common). I freely used that Ridley mod (which looks terrible and has mediocre animation quality). It will still work. Jab combos will most likely not work properly and some of the final smashes (like that Ridley mod's) won't properly work, but other than that, there isn't much problems with them. You just need to remove .rel file of character you are relacing.
Spoilered so that other people can ignore if they want.
1: Incomplete or not, the model would look better than this if it was legitimate. If it was incomplete, it would be more likely to have parts or textures that were missing, not ugly.

2: Other characters that were removed have traces left behind. You can still find data and character slots for them, labelled with their names. This is not true for Geno, of whom no trace can be found.

3: If your profile is right and you're 14 years old, I've been playing Super Mario RPG since before you were born. I know what his name is. His true name in Japanese was a different series of characters, so if they were going with his true name, they would have used those for anything in beta, not the English version.

In any case, there's no way they would go with his true name, because he's much more well-known by the name of Geno. Even in the credits of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, he is referred to as such.

4: No, it doesn't. I've gotten freezes from many points in the game in the course of modding it. It is always a loud beep, and has never been a stutter.

5: Pssh, of course they did. People fake stuff like this all the time.
Aside from all that, it's the final version of Brawl that matters. Anything that may or may not have been in beta is irrelevant.
Also, they wouldn't use this name because no one who didn't played that game would know what the heck it means. If they would put such names, then why not put names of Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, etc. in hylian? Or boss Ridley's name in that language used by space pirates? Also, random slot wouldn't be removed just to give another character some space.

Last edited:

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
but geno was going to appear in brawl but it was removed and there is unused forest maze music (geno song)
Did you know that Toucan Sam was going to be in Smash 4 but got removed? They should bring him back in Project M instead of Geno.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
  1. You spelled "SANIC" wrong.
  2. Ridley is too big, so, he shouldn't be here.
  3. Mario looks so fake. But look at how real Mega Ma- i mean X, Krystal and Geno look like!
  4. Who the f*** is Pit? FAKE!
  5. Ganondorf is too punchy.
  6. You forgot that toucan.
  7. Not enough water.
1/10.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
are you trying to be funny?
And he fails.

Either way, what matters is what is in final version. Dixie (trophy), Mewtwo (trophy, already added), Roy (sticker, already added), Dr.Mario (sticker, already added) and Young Link (sticker) are allowed not because they were going to appear, but got removed, but because they somehow appear outside of playable role, so, even if he was planned, it doesn't matters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom