• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
i think we are all forgetting something even though Rawk Hawk looks cool and everything, he doesnt appear in any smash in any form soooooooo, yeah not gonna happen and it never will :chuckle:
...isn't he a sticker?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
i think we are all forgetting something even though Rawk Hawk looks cool and everything, he doesnt appear in any smash in any form soooooooo, yeah not gonna happen and it never will :chuckle:
...isn't he a sticker?
He's a sticker, which counts.
wait he is o.o... kk nevermind
+1/2 for Captain Hawkcon
I think you all are forgetting the part where that sticker RAWKS!!!

+1/2 for The Golden Rawk Hawk Hogan

Exodo

Smash Ace
Hey, guys. I'm going to quote my major Ninten moveset posts (and Saito's) just to have them all in a single post I can link to in my sig instead of using 3 or more. Feel free to ignore the spoiler, it's all stuff that's been said before.

ok i must say this is brilliant, maybe to make him a little bit different from ness he can get a little longer hair and maybe have his hat backwards instead of sideways, it would look cool.

ANYWAY, +1/2 Ninten!!! with everything told by this man, that moveset would be really cool and unique!!

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
ok i must say this is brilliant, maybe to make him a little bit different from ness he can get a little longer hair and maybe have his hat backwards instead of sideways, it would look cool.

ANYWAY, +1/2 Ninten!!! with everything told by this man, that moveset would be really cool and unique!!

MLGF

Smash Lord
I'm actually replaying Paper Mario: TTYD right now and just beat chapter three.

I love how much everyone hypes Mario in TTYD as this unstoppable force who just slays all the competition effortlessly in the game.
And then we have PM.

But no, I think people are waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too generous with the upvotes. If you want a Paper Mario rep, vote Paper Mario. Rawk is a minor character, and while very good one, but he's only important for one chapter. Paper Mario itself has a ton of memorable one shots and guess what Paper Mario's moveset can use?

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Full! Say, I hope you don't mind my asking, but I own a Pilot Wings thread on SmashBoards, and things have been sort of slow. I don't suppose maybe I could count on your support for a character from this series?:lol:
Sounds interesting, who did ya have in mind? Are they referenced in Brawl's content?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Sounds interesting, who did ya have in mind? Are they referenced in Brawl's content?
Well, one sticker is from Pilot Wings, featuring (probably) the most recognizable instructor from the first Pilot Wings game, Big Al. But, I was thinking someone from Pilot Wings 64. The cast of Pilot Wings 64 has a more creative cast. BTW, I also meant support for Pilot Wings for SSB4. Here's the link: http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...o-deconfirmations-still-up-in-the-sky.339922/

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I'm actually replaying Paper Mario: TTYD right now and just beat chapter three.

I love how much everyone hypes Mario in TTYD as this unstoppable force who just slays all the competition effortlessly in the game.
And then we have PM.

But no, I think people are waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too generous with the upvotes. If you want a Paper Mario rep, vote Paper Mario. Rawk is a minor character, and while very good one, but he's only important for one chapter. Paper Mario itself has a ton of memorable one shots and guess what Paper Mario's moveset can use?
Thanks for injecting some much needed reality back in here. :p

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
As awesome as a grappler character could be, I'm not sure Rawk Hawk is it, because if we're going with a Paper Mario character I'd just rather have Paper Mario.

Nonetheless I'm interested in a grappler / wrestler kind of character, so let's see who can be like that while also being major to his / her / its own game.

OOH, perhaps Star Man from Pro Wrestling? Is there any Pro Wrestling content in Brawl? For those not in the know, Pro Wrestling was an NES wrestling game (duh) that spawned the phrase, "a winner is you."

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Oh, well you can put me down as a supporter smashkirby, but this late into the development of Smash 4, I wonder if it'd help much.

Not to be a downer mind you.

I pretty much understand the chances a lot of these nominees really have, but it doesn't stop me from indulging in some fun when "character I haven't thought about before that's technically eligible" gets trotted out. It's fun. :D

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
As awesome as a grappler character could be, I'm not sure Rawk Hawk is it, because if we're going with a Paper Mario character I'd just rather have Paper Mario.

Nonetheless I'm interested in a grappler / wrestler kind of character, so let's see who can be like that while also being major to his / her / its own game.

OOH, perhaps Star Man from Pro Wrestling? Is there any Pro Wrestling content in Brawl? For those not in the know, Pro Wrestling was an NES wrestling game (duh) that spawned the phrase, "a winner is you."
Bad news.

No Pro Wrestling content at all.

RIP Star Man, from the game with one of the most beloved game memes ever:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh, well you can put me down as a supporter smashkirby, but this late into the development of Smash 4, I wonder if it'd help much.

Not to be a downer mind you.

I pretty much understand the chances a lot of these nominees really have, but it doesn't stop me from indulging in some fun when "character I haven't thought about before that's technically eligible" gets trotted out. It's fun. :D
Oh, no! It's completely fine! Besides, it's not like we've had any new supporters for a while, and think about it, Sakurai has not de-confirmed any REAL Pilot Wings characters. The reason I put emphasis on the "real" is because Miis were the main focus of Pilot Wings' third installment, Pilot Wings Resort, for Nintendo 3DS. During E3, the stage, "Pilot Wings" was playable in the SSB4 demo, and Miis are background characters in the Wuhu Island portion of the stage, so they're out. Also, the series was revealed to have a stage almost immediately after E3 2013. So maybe they plan to do something especially if they haven't de-confirmed anyone in the series. (Except for Miis, who use Pilot Wings gear.)

Ondo

Smash Apprentice

What about Max from Advance Wars?

Andy and Sami have gotten all the attention, but Max is the only one of the three that shows up on the cover of all three of their games. Not sure what his moveset would be, but some grappling seems possible.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
What about Max from Advance Wars?

Andy and Sami have gotten all the attention, but Max is the only one of the three that shows up on the cover of all three of their games. Not sure what his moveset would be, but some grappling seems possible.
As cool as Max is, I'd rather have Andy if we're gonna go with an Advance Wars character. If Max got in first it'd be like getting Peppy in Smash before Fox--just a weird way to start off a new franchise.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
As cool as Max is, I'd rather have Andy if we're gonna go with an Advance Wars character. If Max got in first it'd be like getting Peppy in Smash before Fox--just a weird way to start off a new franchise.
Eh, it'd be like that if Peppy had had an important role in every Star Fox game, and in the last one Fox had been relegated to an unlockable with no role in the main story...

Seriously, there's a reason Max is on every cover and Andy isn't.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Thank you, we need more of this, not to be a downer, but not every suggested character brought up is going to be made. Just sayin' (back to lurkin')

If that were to happen then the PMBR should totally make condor happen
(never forget #Condornation)

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Eh, it'd be like that if Peppy had had an important role in every Star Fox game, and in the last one Fox had been relegated to an unlockable with no role in the main story...

Seriously, there's a reason Max is on every cover and Andy isn't.
As good a point as that is, I'd just prefer the first game in the series represented before the others, and since Andy is arguably the most central of the three of them in the original then I still think he should get priority.

But in the end this is just how I think it should be so I dunno.

Last edited:

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I think the Mr. Batty from the Mother series should be represented. He is one of the only constants in the series and I believe he would be the BEST representative of Mother. Far better than Ness and Lucas.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I really would dislike a character whose only special moves are all command grabs (the exception being that it would mean Kirby's copy ability would have to be one :p )

Any word on Kirby's copy abilities being able to be a command grab if the copy ability is copied from something like Wario's Hat?

Also, Knuckle Joe from the Kirby series could be an alternate grapple based character, theoretically.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
1392030072787.png

>inb4 the next obscure as hell/secondary character gets suggested and gets a bunch of half votes just because

srlsy guys.

Malion

Smash Ace
Although I would much rather have Goombella or Bow I will settle for rawk hawk... If Jolene was involved with his final smash or something that would be icing on the cake!

+1/2 Rawk Hawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom