• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Naw its cool, SSF2 is also including Turbo Mode in their demo, so P:M can just claim that SSF2 started copying them first. ;)
Nonetheless the PMBR said they wouldn't use other people's PSAs for their own work, and, while this wasn't said directly, I imagine that also means they won't just port SSF2 Isaac's moveset over to Project M.

They'll have their own Isaac with his own Project M-ready moveset, I imagine.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Nonetheless the PMBR said they wouldn't use other people's PSAs for their own work, and, while this wasn't said directly, I imagine that also means they won't just port SSF2 Isaac's moveset over to Project M.

They'll have their own Isaac with his own Project M-ready moveset, I imagine.
Maybe it is secretly PMBR that is helping with Smash Flash 2 and that Isaac is a preview of what is to come? :4pacman:

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
I don't remember either, your best bet would be looking through some of the earlier posts...

Like pages 1-100 lol
I don't remember. It was some time last year, if I recall correctly, though.
Thanks, I found it :grin:. It was from Vigilante on page 18.
"I personally think it is good for us to know what's popular and what is unpopular. Just make sure your down votes are honest representations of your feelings toward that character. The best way you can help us is by being honest."

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm pretty hype for SSF2 Isaac. I hope this doesn't change the way PMBR sees the character, though. Despite how awesome this new development is, I'd be much more hype for Project M Isaac.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty hype for SSF2 Isaac. I hope this doesn't change the way PMBR sees the character, though. Despite how awesome this new development is, I'd be much more hype for Project M Isaac.
Of course I'd be more hype for a P:M Isaac as well. You have to remember though, Isaac isn't coming out until the next release of SSF2. So that's post 0.9b, post gameplay/bug patches... basically version 1.0. Meaning we won't see a complete Isaac moveset for at least a year, probably more.

If P:M is planning to release their own Isaac, they have plenty of time to develop a unique version before being influenced (even indirectly) by SSF2's.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
[sarcasm]

The PMBR is always in this thread

They have Alt Accounts, y'know. It could he you, him, her, or even me.

Totally unrelated but y'know Wiiztec? The PMBR. He's so cool. Probably the best guy I know. I wish people would send him money in the mail.

[/sarcasm]

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'd be okay with his reasoning behind Masked Man/Claus, but I don't even see a vote for Ninten in his previous posts and it isn't tallied in our spreadsheet. I saw him taking part in the Ninten discussion but that was it :/

The Slippy vote change doesn't seem like a good reason at all. Just because others don't want another spacie doesn't mean you don't and you can't change your votes just because your previous one isn't doing well. Like your Micaiah +1 for example that you seem to have forgotten CBO0tz.
If I vote for Slippy, and he doesn't get picked, my vote is null.
Besides, after thinking about it, I'd be much happier with having more villains in the game over good guys.
{Jesus, can't speak my mind at all without getting my votes disregarded..}

Malion

Smash Ace
I was looking at my votes from back in the day and so I saw I voted for Leon.

At first I was like...
Who?

Who did I vote for?

And then I saw he was next to Slippy and it clicked, Oh Durr.

I know he's a Spacie, but I still think he'd be pretty awesome. The way his body moves and his abilites as a chameleon.
Plus he's a bad guy and would be Wolf's bro in Team battles against Fox and Falco. And that's what we all want isnt it?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I was looking at my votes from back in the day and so I saw I voted for Leon.

At first I was like...
Who?

Who did I vote for?

And then I saw he was next to Slippy and it clicked, Oh Durr.

I know he's a Spacie, but I still think he'd be pretty awesome. The way his body moves and his abilites as a chameleon.
Plus he's a bad guy and would be Wolf's bro in Team battles against Fox and Falco. And that's what we all want isnt it?
Just don't make him another Fox-clone. Not even making him a quarter-clone (different normals, similar but not completely copied specials) like Wolf would do much for me.

A chameleon assassin in Smash does sound cool, though. Give him unique sci-fi weaponry or Assault weapons and you got a fun character right there.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'd like to see him as a wolf - yoshi combo, with a unique taunt or special that activates camo/invisibility.
Whooo, that'd be a double-edged move - on the one hand, your opponent wouldn't know where you are. on the other - you might lose track of yourself.

Or it could be like Melee 'invisibility', but then it might not be too big a help, since that wasn't too hard to see in Melee.

It'd be a pretty badass taunt, though. Come to think of it, it could work for Slippy as well, since I think that it was said he invented them.

Last edited:

Ginge

Smash Ace
It could even work like Sly Cooper in PS: All-Stars Battle Royale. ACTUAL invisibility as long as you hold a button down. Or even possibly invisible as long as you don't attack.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Solbliminal has been busy today because Freedom Planet just came out. Will likely never leave his room again.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
It could even work like Sly Cooper in PS: All-Stars Battle Royale. ACTUAL invisibility as long as you hold a button down. Or even possibly invisible as long as you don't attack.
This could be really cool if they can actually do it.

+1/2 Leon

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Invisibility is already in the game, having an attack activate it shouldn't be too far of a stretch.

If it can be activated by a special (specifically in the air), it could help with mixing up his recovery. It can also be used to make his approaches much more difficult to read.

Why not, I'll 1/2 vote Leon.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Was gonna say something but then I forgot

Why dont we get James McCloyd instead of Leon, he could have the invisible thing too. But like it's cause he's a ghost and actually dead so it makes sense as to why he can be invisible.

Cuz wynaut
(sleepdeprived rant from painting 3ds shell)

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Do you know what I actually want? Project M trolling. Something like Wii Fit trainer, a character nobody expected nor wanted. Something like Dr. Kawashima or Sebastian Tute. That would be a Maximum Trolling issue I would laugh about for ages. Just imagine this thread burning like hell...

Ginge

Smash Ace
Do you know what I actually want? Project M trolling. Something like Wii Fit trainer, a character nobody expected nor wanted. Something like Dr. Kawashima or Sebastian Tute. That would be a Maximum Trolling issue I would laugh about for ages. Just imagine this thread burning like hell...
Shadow the Hedgehog confirmed :p

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
I've been tracking this since the early pages, yet I haven't voted yet. I intend to do so relatively soon, so I put together a shortlist of characters I think could work, some of them are more oddball-ish than others. I have been considering putting one of my votes into this guy:

Malion

Smash Ace
I'm glad Leon is picking up steam... he's also great because he's a chameleon... and can thus be different colours... like yoshi I guess.
Lots of recolour potential!

pardon the low quality

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
+1/2 vote for Leon. I recall mentioning my support for him a while back but for full votes i picked krystal over leon just because female + staff. If everyone else wants an assassin wolf clone I'd be down for it as well. On the idea of his cloaking device, perhaps his down b could activate the cloak and would deactivate when he gets hit mortal kombat style. His side b could be a mix of greninjas and wolf's. Perhaps give him a chargeable laser for neutral b kinda like zss' except he can store his. For his up b......he could disappear then reappear somewhere above where he drop kicks straight down...kinda like shieks mixed with ike's?....idk just some ideas i had for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom