• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Thanks. I don't recall half-voting Young Link though. I'm pretty sure I half-voted Wolf Link, as well as King Hyrule.

But I guess you could technically count those revisions as my newest votes so:

+1/2

Wolf Link
King Hyrule

That oughta fix it.
I believe it was about the time that we were talking about the masks being taunts that gave him different stats, rather than actual transformations with movesets. I'll update your votes. I suppose that even if the others aren't yet, I'll start taking them.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I believe it was about the time that we were talking about the masks being taunts that gave him different stats, rather than actual transformations with movesets. I'll update your votes. I suppose that even if the others aren't yet, I'll start taking them.
Thanks.

Oh and a quick clarification to the rest of you:

•You're limited to only 5 full votes, and they can never be changed--these votes are set in stone. These are supposed to be the choices you feel the most strongly about, to the point where you would never waver in your desire for them to be included in Project M.
•You have unlimited half-votes (1/2 votes). These are characters you don't feel as strongly about as your five full votes, but would nonetheless enjoy seeing in the game.
•You have unlimited down-votes. HOWEVER, you MUST provide a good reason for each and every one. These characters are NOT characters you're indifferent on, they are characters that would RUIN THE GAME FOR YOU. As such, there is indeed a difference. IF YOU'RE INDIFFERENT ON A CHARACTER, THAT'S NOT A REASON TO DOWNVOTE THEM.

Thank you all in advance for understanding.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I should probably mention (and this will probably be updated on the front page) JCOnyx, Shin F., Solbliminal, and myself are the people now keeping track of the voting process. While Anti Guy is cooperating with us, he is no longer tallying votes- for those of you who don't know. If you would like to place your votes, need any assistance, or have any questions, please refer to one of the people on this list.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Vote: Lyn

I just want lyn in this game, because its still possible (RIP Krystal, no one likes dat)

I literally don't care about anyone else, as i'll enjoy the inclusion and will most likely play them if they are a fresh character.

Just want lyn anyone else is welcome in my book

/Goes to a different thread

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I'm just going to throw all of my votes down, as I've dwelled on this decision for a long while now.

+1 Ninten
+1 Masked Man
+1 Ridley
+1 Balloon Fighter
+1 Skull Kid

+1/2 Sukapon
+1/2 Ray
+1/2 Toad
+1/2 Lyn
+1/2 Isaac
+1/2 Waluigi

-1 Goku, because Vegeta.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm just going to throw all of my votes down, as I've dwelled on this decision for a long while now.

+1 Ninten
+1 Masked Man
+1 Ridley
+1 Balloon Fighter
+1 Skull Kid

+1/2 Sukapon
+1/2 Ray
+1/2 Toad
+1/2 Lyn
+1/2 Isaac
+1/2 Waluigi

-1 Goku, because Vegeta.
Cool - done, except for Goku since he's not eligible anyways :p
Looper was a good movie

I wouldn't mind seeing my votes.
+1
Isaac
Lyn
Dixie Kong
Pichu
Slippy

+1/2
Sukapon
Ray
Toad
Waluigi
Lip
Tetra
Plusle & Minun
Toon Zelda
Tails
Ninten
Excitebiker
Mach Rider

Ganon / Black Shadow
Shadow

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
We're talking about looper?
Was I the only one cheering on the "villain" the whole way through? No, yes?

Anyways, can I find out what I voted?

Shin F.

Smash Master
We're talking about looper?
Was I the only one cheering on the "villain" the whole way through? No, yes?

Anyways, can I find out what I voted?
I haven't heard of this Looper. I'll have to check it out...
+1
Isaac
Ridley
Red (Is that supposed to be Pokemon Trainer?)

+1/2
Bowser Jr.
Masked Man

Lyn
Ganon / Black Shadow

MLGF

Smash Lord
Knew I didn't use all of my +1's.
...Can't say I want anything though.

WHOEVER MOST PLEASES ME MAY HAVE SAY IN MY SUPERFLUOUS +1 VOTES!

Shin F.

Smash Master
Knew I didn't use all of my +1's.
...Can't say I want anything though.

WHOEVER MOST PLEASES ME MAY HAVE SAY IN MY SUPERFLUOUS +1 VOTES!
In that case, I'll just mention that Ray and Balloon Fighter are both very worthy candidates and then shamelessly plug the character that I selfishly want the most, Ninten.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Oh cool, voting.
+1 Lyn
+1 Skull Kid
+1 Ridley
+1 Masked Man
+1 Ray MK III
We've already got some votes recorded for you from last time, actually. I can't change your votes since we never came to an agreement as to whether to temporarily allow it or not. This is what we have for you.
+1
Isaac
Dark Samus
Sukapon
Saki
Masked Man

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
We've already got some votes recorded for you from last time, actually. I can't change your votes since we never came to an agreement as to whether to temporarily allow it or not. This is what we have for you.
+1
Isaac
Dark Samus
Sukapon
Saki
Masked Man
I just went through most of Soupenomics previous posts within this thread and couldn't find where he had made his original votes (did find his -1 for Condor though lol). My guess is that is was from a long time back, where Anti-Guy was being a little more lax with the older poster since so many new contenders showed up (Like Ray for instance). If so, we may be able to come to some agreement. But changing all of your votes seems a little out there, perhaps you could explain why you've had a change of heart with some of your upvotes?

Shin F.

Smash Master
I just went through most of Soupenomics previous posts within this thread and couldn't find where he had made his original votes (did find his -1 for Condor though lol). My guess is that is was from a long time back, where Anti-Guy was being a little more lax with the older poster since so many new contenders showed up (Like Ray for instance). If so, we may be able to come to some agreement. But changing all of your votes seems a little out there, perhaps you could explain why you've had a change of heart with some of your upvotes?
I think that would be an excellent compromise - allow the change of up-votes if provided a sufficient reason for the change.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I think that would be an excellent compromise - allow the change of up-votes if provided a sufficient reason for the change.
Wait, but wouldn't that undermine the whole "full votes are set in stone" thing?

I imagine it's a risky thing to allow.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
+1/2 Vote for Ridfirm Conley
+1/2 Vote for Alakadoof
+1/2 Vote for Sakurai's Cat

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
+1
Isaac
PIchu
Bleh!

If possible I'd like to scrap everything I've said previously and start anew.

+1 Dixie Kong
+1 Ninten

+1/2 Masked Man
+1/2 Pichu
+1/2 Ridley
+1/2 Krystal
+1/2 Slippy
+1/2 Isaac
+1/2 Lyn

-1 Fils-A-Mech: Did you see those lasers? That just can't be balanced.

Alright so i still have one (possibly 3) extra vote(s). What should i do with them?

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Why should we scrap them if you're still interested enough to give them 1/2 votes?
While they may have potential i don't fully support them. With Ninten and Dixie i feel that not including them would be disservice to their respective franchises where with isaac and pichu it's meh either way. Also a full vote to me says i'm willing to sacrifice any 2 character combination that i've given half votes to for any character who i've given a full vote. To me a full vote isn't just "yea it'd be cool to see them in or whatever but if they don't make it that's ok too". It's more of "Not including x character was a bad decision and the game now won't be as good as it could have been if x character were made playable." Dixie and Ninten represent the second statement where isaac, pichu and my other halfvote characters represent the first.

AndrewGuy

Smash Cadet
Hoorah finally.
+1 Lyn
+1 Isaac

+½ Ninten
+½ Sukapon
+½ Maskedman
+½ Ray MK III

So I can give my other full votes later? I'm not decided yet.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
While they may have potential i don't fully support them. With Ninten and Dixie i feel that not including them would be disservice to their respective franchises where with isaac and pichu it's meh either way. Also a full vote to me says i'm willing to sacrifice any 2 character combination that i've given half votes to for any character who i've given a full vote. To me a full vote isn't just "yea it'd be cool to see them in or whatever but if they don't make it that's ok too". It's more of "Not including x character was a bad decision and the game now won't be as good as it could have been if x character were made playable." Dixie and Ninten represent the second statement where isaac, pichu and my other halfvote characters represent the first.
Then why did you upvote them in the first place?

It's because of things like this happening that Anti-Guy put in place the strict no-changing upvotes rule, which we are still upholding unless you provide "damn good" reasoning. Your previous post isn't a great example, I just don't see why we should drop your +1 for Isaac and Pichu.

Hoorah finally.
+1 Lyn
+1 Isaac

So I can give my other full votes later? I'm not decided yet.
Yes, that is totally fine. In fact, I'd encourage it unless you absolutely know for sure who you want to upvote.

Hukster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hukster
My votes:
+1 Isaac
+1 Ninten
+1 Masked Man
+1 Black Shadow
+1 Ray MK III

+½ Dark Samus
+½ Tom Nook
+½ Waluigi

And if I am able to suggest someone, Simon Belmont from Castlevania? Just a suggestion, because of the Castlevania stage in Project M. Would be pretty cool to see a Castlevania rep.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
My votes:
+1 Isaac
+1 Ninten
+1 Masked Man
+1 Black Shadow
+1 Waluigi
+1 Ray MK III

+½ Dark Samus
+½ Tom Nook

And if I am able to suggest someone, Simon Belmont from Castlevania? Just a suggestion, because of the Castlevania stage in Project M. Would be pretty cool to see a Castlevania rep.
You can only have 5 +1 votes. Also, Simon can't be chosen - characters have different rules from stages. They have to be in the game in some form to be eligible.

Hukster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hukster
You can only have 5 +1 votes. Also, Simon can't be chosen - characters have different rules from stages. They have to be in the game in some form to be eligible.
Alright, and I edited my post, changing Waluigi to a half.

And, alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom