• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleck

Smash Master
Somebody else spamming gifs doesn't make spamming gifs okay. Just don't do it.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I feel like this is relevant to the thread, sorry if its not but I just saw this on my newsfeed on Facebook:

http://kc-mm.com/2014/01/16/brawlex-clone-engine-now-doing-the-impossible/
The BrawlEx clone engine has indeed been discussed a bunch of pages ago. There has been no word from the PMBR in its regard though, so I think it is safe to say they won't be using it anytime soon. I personally don't expect them to make more than 5 characters. Heck even 5 is probably gonna take ages to make, considering of course that they decide to use all slots.

Edit: Ninja'd by a few seconds. GG, Shin.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
It was actually already discussed in this thread a while back. I've been having a lot of fun with this thing.

Nice avatar, by the way.
Thank you! :D

Also, sorry. I've only kinda taken little peaks at this thread. It'd be really cool if they used this, but Project M is already pretty awesome :).

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I'm done. I can't do this any further i'll just end up on the ignore list.

Alfonze keeps spamming gifs in the roster thread so I did the same here, for fun. But i'm done lol i'll just talk instead of spamming gifs.

seriously @ Alfonzo Bagpipez Alfonzo Bagpipez you can talk in the thread ya know. :p
Lol, sorry you got flak for doin' that here.

Kenith asked me to communicate solely using GIFs, and I can hardly take that thread seriously as it is, so I figured why not.
Ima keep spammin' though. Tis fate.

Back on topic though, Ashley isn't really a stand out character for me.
Not gonna downvote, but still, she's really ehhhhh.

Bleck

Smash Master
I'm not posting in the thread where it's happening, nor do I really browse any of the subforums that aren't the Project M subforum. If I were, I'd also give other spamguy a stern talkin' to.

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
Lol everyone's been saying that to me now. Even a melee social guy PM'd me just to say.

"Hey your sig is cool". Gotta keep up the hype for lyn ya know?
I know! Lyn would be awesome for PM, imo. Quick and lethal. Keepin the Lyn hype stylishly. Where could I find the one with Rennac and... Assasin Colm(?) fighting lyn. That's a really cool one.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Kid Buu?! How the hell did he get in there? I mean, if there was ever any consideration of a Dragon Ball Z character to be in the roster, it should more than obviously be Goku.
It's not like ASF1nk's personal BrawlEx pack is some official release or anything.

Besides, Kid Buu's PSA is really fun to use.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Wait, there's a working clone engine that the public has access to?

$*@#(&@#R(@#$*@#@ *mind explodes forever*

I'm like, SO salty right now that school literally starts up again for me today. I've been waiting for this for so long. As soon as I get some free time, I'm tearing into this.

I had a tough time discerning the limitations of it in that post - can you make new sound files for new characters, or do they still have to pull from existing characters. Also, does this work seamlessly with Project M, or are there issues?

!!!!!!!!!!!

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion

I'm like, SO salty right now that school literally starts up again for me today. I've been waiting for this for so long. As soon as I get some free time, I'm tearing into this.

I had a tough time discerning the limitations of it in that post - can you make new sound files for new characters, or do they still have to pull from existing characters. Also, does this work seamlessly with Project M, or are there issues?

!!!!!!!!!!!
That's what everyone says until they try launching the game and are treated to load times that rival Sonic 06's

Shin F.

Smash Master

!!!!!!!!!!!
I know, it started up for me on Monday. You can't make new sounds, but like Project M, you can assign boss soundbanks to characters and replace those. It doesn't seem work with Project M at all, according to the people who have tried it.
That's what everyone says until they try launching the game and are treated to load times that rival Sonic 06's
They're not THAT bad. It's just an extra 10 seconds or so at the strap loader. Once you get in the game and you've added 8 characters, though... it's an incredibly awesome feeling.

Chzrm, if you need help setting it up whenever you attempt it then I can help you with it.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Chzrm, if you need help setting it up whenever you attempt it then I can help you with it.
Thanks! Too bad it doesn't work with PM, that'd be insane! :D Knowing the smash mod community, though, it's only a matter of time. XD

I might try to set it up this weekend, if things aren't too crazy. If I have any problems I'll definitely let you know.

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
So it doesn't work with P:M, huh? So that means we can't have the nice and even 50 slot CSS. We can only have 47 slot CSS.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I'm sorry...? Iunno. Guess I'm the worst person in the world because of this.

(But seriously, was that a joke?)
Omg, I just read this and felt so bad. It's totally fine haha, nobody's mad at you for half-voting Pichu. (As you can see from my sig, I'm a very unbiased person so I'm qualified to tell you this!) People just get a little steamed when talking about him, for whatever reason. But don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
People don't get mad when others vote/downvote Pichu (at least I hope so). They get mad when someone provides a reason they deem uneducated/selfish/invalid for their hate/support for the character...which is very often, unfortunately.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
The things that happen when I'm gone... Time to get back on topic.

:)
I don't dislike the series or anything, I just never really played that many of the games. I ended up getting '06 at some point (don't remember what compelled me to) and enjoyed it quite a bit. I thought Silver was awesome right off, and it was only once I started looking things up about the game that I found out everyone hated it. Either I was more forgiving of the bugs and the load times, or I just got really lucky while playing through the game and I didn't encounter that many. Looking back on it now, I can see a lot of the flaws. But that game will always be worth it to me because of Silver and that incredible soundtrack. Not only does he have a great design, but how can psychokinesis not be awesome?
Love Silver honestly. Probably the only reason I liked part of '06 was because of his unique attributes. If only it wasn't introduced to a yolo-bombshell of a game.

I think what it comes down to is finding guns that have interesting enough effects to stand out from each other (and are useful in a 2D plane). At the moment, I think the tentative idea is to have one basic pod, one basic bomb, and the rest of the moves will be different guns (and the tackle move).
Agreed. This is exactly what I am trying to accomplish.

Well, the weapons available in the GC and DS games are pretty much the same, so it all works out.
I never got to play the DS version sadly, but I know enough about it to have guessed they share a lot of weapons. Which is why it won't be out of place to have Ray01 as an alternate costume for Ray MK III.

Also guys, sorry for lack of updates. I've had to babysit my younger brother for the past few days. I've been lacking sleep and tried relax to drawing some Sonic artwork. I've got some basic ideas for how Ray will play in text form.

S

Sharic X

People don't get mad when others vote/downvote Pichu (at least I hope so). They get mad when someone provides a reason they deem uneducated/selfish/invalid for their hate/support for the character...which is very often, unfortunately.
That is true, but that mostly happens when people are biased or just complete douchebags. Now, I trust that
the people of this community are quite reasonable, that is why I am sometimes surprised to see people act
that way. As always, we only state our opinions here. They are not facts until the character we favor is selected.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
As always, we only state our opinions here. They are not facts until the character we favor is selected.
Some people seem to not understand that. While the poll and our discussions here might slightly influence the PMBR (I sometimes see some of them pop in to this thread, we aren't completely ignored as some might like to suggest), the decision is ultimately their's. We can only truly discuss what how much likely character X is and how cool character Y would be, etc.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
BrawlEx works with all other Brawl mods BUT PM because of Roy and Mewtwo, or so I hear.
Oof, heartbreaking! I guess I should look up what BrawlEx is, haha, I don't actually know what that does.

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
Guys I have one question

is Pichu Bros. a possibility

can do they do another team character, who aren't the Icey Climbers

or would that be too much to ask

Because two Pichus would be like double the awesome.

Or maybe just one super powerful Pichu, and make him like evil or something

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Hey Anti Guy, you made a post recently about which kinds of movesets you approve of, and I was wondering if you could add it to the OP. Using your template we can come up with much more reasonable movesets while not being as much "mental masturbation" (I think that's what you said; the phrasing stuck with me).

S

Sharic X

Guys I have one question

is Pichu Bros. a possibility

can do they do another team character, who aren't the Icey Climbers

or would that be too much to ask

Because two Pichus would be like double the awesome.

Or maybe just one super powerful Pichu, and make him like evil or something
This idea is quite interesting, but I don't know if the community approves of it. I would like it, since I think it's a cool concept and I don't exactly see it not being possible, but there's to variables that depend on this being a reality: the community and the creators of Project M.

Otherwise, I think it's cool.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I know Danturion was doing work before on making it so any character could have an IC-style two-for-one thing. I think he was showing it off with DK or something on a stream one time, haha.

That would be pretty sick if the PMBR used the remaining clone engine slots to realize the original roster that Sakurai had wanted for Brawl. So the Pichu ICies, Tetra and Dixie. Oooooooo! Of course I'm biased cause I love Pichu, Dixie and Tetra so this totally works for me. : >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom