• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
Woah. Glad this thread calmed down after everybody lost their **** entirely. I can't be the only one who's overly underwhelmed about this. Does Smash Brothers really need, or is able to fit a whole bunch of Fire Emblem fan service?

Also, this was my introduction to the protagonist figure from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Fail to be dazzled by another androgynous atypical anime protagonist - but that's just me. At least he appears to do a lot of reading. Very happy for all you rabid Fire Emblem fans. I wish I were as excited and overwhelmed as you guys are. They will probably grow on me, but for now I don't really care, unfortunately!

Glad to see Capt. Falcon kick those wussies around though!

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Alternate characters as skins officially confirmed.

Maybe we can hope for veterans like Roy and Dr. Mario coming back as clones, I guess.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
I'm fairly sure that Chorus Men and Shulk are still happening, but it's not because of the leak.

There's evidence to show interest in their series on Sakurai's watch and the ghost is already an enemy in Smash Run.

I'm just glad that we got rid of the weakest newcomer of that final 3 bunch.
A find mii ghost is in smash run. Wandering heroes confirmed!jk though even if we do get a rh rep its not going to be chorus kids

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
WOOHOO! Gematsu's dead! It was really just the idea of Chrom I didn't like. Lucina clone/semi-clone and a a full blown new character in Robin makes much more sense. Sakurai made the right choice there. Shulk will probably still happen though, Sakurai has shown enough interest there. One more thing, now that Fire Emblem has four(maybe 3.5) characters, this has to mean DK gets a new one right?! (Please based Sakurai, you have done so very well so far, don't mess this up).

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't know if Gematsu is officially dead, but the guy obviously isn't involved in current development. I kind of think Sal's leaker had legit documents from the planning stages of the game, but has no idea about what has happened since then and is just riding with that initial knowledge.

domokl

Smash Lord
HE IS DEAD. Even if he is really legit this proves there are more newcomers either way.

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
Ah well, that trailer was rather disappointing.
I have no idea who these Fire Emblem characters are, tho I did hear the name of Lucina a couple times, but I really could have passed on another blue haired, blue clothed sword fighter. Robins playstyle seems rather boring to me and he/she also seems like a rather bland character.
Also, I don't see the point of adding Lucina as her own character and then just making her a Marth clone. Why didn't he just make her a skin for Marth instead of using up a character slot for a clone. Either way, 4 Fire Emblem characters seem like a bit much.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The trailer wasn't nearly as astounding as some of the past ones and I do feel 4/5 is too many characters for Fire Emblem but atleast one of them is unique. Robin looks like a quality character, even if he wasn't shown off as well as Little Mac or even Greninja.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Gematsu was never confirmed or unconfirmed.
It was a rumor, and we got played. The first leak may be true, but as far as I know, the 2nd leak has lost credibility. Only time will tell about the third leak.......

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
I'm a bit disappointed with Lucina. Literally, the only difference between her and marth that I can see is that she has longer hair, a different voice, and SLIGHTLY different clothes. Moveset and poses all seem the same as marth. She should have just been an alternate costume

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I guess the effect of the trailer is entirely dependent on how much you wanted the characters. I was literally blurting out "Oh my ****ing God" repeatedly while watching it and consider it the most hype moment of this year for me. :D

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
As I'm sure most of ya know, the leaker e-mailed me last night teasing Shulk.

He also e-mailed me again this morning saying Nintendo keeps a lot secret from Bandai Namco, and that Sakurai may change his mind as he does all the time, but that Shulk was 100%.

A quote: "I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made available. Sakurai may change his mind, and he does all the time. Shulk will not be changed."

I've e-mailed him about the lack of Shulk, as well as the whole Chrom being a Final Smash thing. I'll update if I get a response.

Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say.
hahaha nope ******, your leak was bull**** in the first place anyway.

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
So here I was, expecting to see Shulk after coming accross Romano's message. Here I was, hype died down and expecting no surprise.
I wake up this morning and see Lucina, Robin, and Captain Falcon?! Ya'know, I don't think I'd ever say this, but I'm done! I don't need another newcomer!
Seriously. The team's putting so much hard work to make each character as unique as possible. Heck, Chrom was an interesting subject when it came to characters. Some of us didn't see how they could make him unique. I wanted him in too, but I'm very happy he's in a Final Smash! Anyone who loves Fire Emblem: Awakening can probably agree with me that the level of detail in Robin's Final Smash is pretty awesome, and we haven't even seen all of it! The critical hit cut-in, the way he arrives...I love it!
Here's to a new set of characters that I'll definitely enjoy.
P.S: The boards kept taking me off when I was typing this. T.T

domokl

Smash Lord
Yeah I really don't see the point of adding lucina as her own character when she literally is an alt. Unless nintendo goofed and she wasn't supposed to have her own page…………

LegendaryFish

Smash Rookie
So we now have Toon Link, AND Link. Ike, Marth, AND Lucina...

Falco, Wolf, Ness and Lucas confirmed. Rejoice!
There is no way they'd boot Ness or Lucas since they're being so generous with these clones/similar chars.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
What if Sakurai discovered the leaker, and he offered to either lose his job or play along and told him to tell Sal Romano that Shulk is totally confirmed today, he did it with Xenoblade writer I guess by making him retweet it....DUBIOUS MAN DAT SAKURAI! BUT MAN **** HIM FOR NOT SHOWING US A CG of IKE!

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
Lucina is an alternate costume. Just wait for Sakurai explains this week. And Robin looks so amazing!

Soul.

So the Gematsu leak is no more? Well, in that case...sadly...
Oh well, at least we got two new Fire Emblem characters, and of course, Captain Falcon. Maybe they'll reveal the other newcomers at some point? They still have time to reveal them, just like the veteran characters. If they aren't revealed before the 3DS version's release date, they will eventually "leak" the entire roster, so the characters the users here are supporting still have a chance to be playable in Smash 3DS and Wii U. It wouldn't make sense to cut a character that has been in the previous Smash game, does it? Either way, it's highly likely that the entire Brawl cast makes it.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say.
Eh, the only one of the 11 who ever mattered was Wii Fit Trainer.

Guy probably found out about WFT through E3 2013 somehow and tried to turn that into an entire leak.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Pretty sure Lucina is significantly faster than Marth, thank god. Makes me think they broke marth just for the purpose of putting in a more agile clone of him.

I've got no problem with that tbh. Glad she's in the game and she's represented well. In awakening, she had the same pose as marth and everything.

Be happy guys, sheesh.

LegendaryFish

Smash Rookie
I'm only telling you what I was told.

Such class.
I am 50/50 on it now. Shulk (ANOTHER sword user) seems a bit counter productive now... If Lucina is a Marth alt, then he'd be fine. But if she is her own character then that's kind of overdose, don't you think?

And I still agree with a Rhythm Heaven rep, it may not be Chorus Men tho...
But I really hope it is, they're so perfect

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Well, wasn't expecting two FE newcomers, much less at the same time.
Pretty happy about it, plus we got C. Falcon, so even better.

Guess DLC's the only hope for Roy now.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Woah. Glad this thread calmed down after everybody lost their **** entirely. I can't be the only one who's overly underwhelmed about this. Does Smash Brothers really need, or is able to fit a whole bunch of Fire Emblem fan service?

Also, this was my introduction to the protagonist figure from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Fail to be dazzled by another androgynous atypical anime protagonist - but that's just me. At least he appears to do a lot of reading. Very happy for all you rabid Fire Emblem fans. I wish I were as excited and overwhelmed as you guys are. They will probably grow on me, but for now I don't really care, unfortunately!

Glad to see Capt. Falcon kick those wussies around though!
Actually, Robin is a pretty unique protagonist. If you like him because he reads, you'll love him if you play the game. Give it a shot and let me know what you think IF you do.

I don't know if I'm happy that the Gematsu Leak is dead or not, and while I do love Robin, I really wanted to see Shulk today. We need more series in Smash Bros.

salromano

Smash Rookie
Eh, the only one of the 11 who ever mattered was Wii Fit Trainer.

Guy probably found out about WFT through E3 2013 somehow and tried to turn that into an entire leak.
Eh, that's easy to say if it were Wii Fit Trainer alone. But getting none wrong out of the 11, outside of today that is, is a whole different beast.

I hate you, and I know I'm not the only one.
Some Heartz are Dark Heartz, it seems. =(

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I'm only telling you what I was told.

Such class.
Hey bro, thank for being willing to share the info. No lie, people can complain all they want but most of them are looking for a leak to attach themselves to anyways. For over a year you've given us the info you were told. Regardless of whether the leak is correct or not, being this cooperative while getting flamed in the face by angry smash fans is something to be grateful about.

No chill here smh.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Robin saying "I'm not just another swordsman!" or something to that effect cracked me up. He knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom