• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Ninten (MOTHER 1/NES EarthBound)

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Kumatora? While she would've worked before we knew Lucas' specials, her only distinct moves would be PK Ground and maybe Starstorm as a Final Smash (assuming Lucas doesn't use it as his). And her A attacks would probably be PSI-powered punches and kicks - nothing too distinct from what Lucas seems to use.

Again, I'm not saying Ninten has a better chance than Kumatora, because arguing that point is just stupid. I'm just saying that Ninten now has a better chance of getting in with a moveset based around supporting moves.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Kumatora? While she would've worked before we knew Lucas' specials, her only distinct moves would be PK Ground and maybe Starstorm as a Final Smash (assuming Lucas doesn't use it as his). And her A attacks would probably be PSI-powered punches and kicks - nothing too distinct from what Lucas seems to use.

Again, I'm not saying Ninten has a better chance than Kumatora, because arguing that point is just stupid. I'm just saying that Ninten now has a better chance of getting in with a moveset based around supporting moves.
I put Kumatora as an example because she has enough supporting abilities to sustain a moveset just like that one, but Kumatora doesn't have much chance either.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I assume we're someday going to get a protagonist named Famicon or Wii... right?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
If Kumatora was in, she'd definitely be a tough girl fighter, her physical attacks being punches that are enhanced by the gloves she can equip. That'd be pretty cool, with PSI moves as her B moves (maybe even having one or two of Lucas' moves like PK Freeze).

Don't think she'll get in before Claus, though.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
I wonder - with the possibility of Ness returning rising again, does anyone else hope that the Mother reps we'll get will be all three heroes of all three games; Ninten, Ness and Lucas???

And as for a note, Ninten doesn't HAVE to look the same as Ness. A good deal of Mother fanart portrays Ninten as he appears in the Japanese commercial for Mother 1 on the NES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9onnnzq5UF4

Top Bottom