• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character #3's Special Moves

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, aren't rapid fire attacks not that great? Doesn't every attack start to do less and less damage if you use it over and over? And then you're letting your target have peanuts.

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
Anyways, aren't rapid fire attacks not that great? Doesn't every attack start to do less and less damage if you use it over and over? And then you're letting your target have peanuts.
The peanuts might fly back a long distance towards Diddy. Also, for the target to eat the peanuts, s/he might have to remain in the line of Diddy's aim. Besides, the peanuts could heal team members as well.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Perhaps, but Sakurai doesn't reveal absolutely everything about the characters now does he? So you really don't know if Fox has any negative repercussions of using his blaster.

-Knight
well thats the point of the updates he suppose to reveal everything but it's little by little

Tanea

Smash Ace
i was wondering how much damage would you gey if you got ihit by those barrels will it be as much as ness's special b-up what do you guys think

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
i was wondering how much damage would you gey if you got ihit by those barrels will it be as much as ness's special b-up what do you guys think
Possibly little damage but insanely high range from being hit.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Perhaps, but Sakurai doesn't reveal absolutely everything about the characters now does he? So you really don't know if Fox has any negative repercussions of using his blaster.

-Knight

And you don't know if he does or does not either, the fact is they showed Diddy's gun blow up and not Fox's so all we can assume for the time being Diddy is the only one with projectiles that back fire. until more updates say so or not.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Y'know thinking about it, Diddy's jetpacks coming off isn't really that much of a flaw at all. If you get nailed in your up B, you stop anyways, so this may not be much of a problem in the first place. Also, as other people have said, the jetpacks can probably blow up the person who just tried to attack you.

And as for the peanuts, I stated my opinions in the Diddy topic. There's no way a good player will have those things blown up in their face. Just stop holding the button for a second, and the attack will stop. Plain and simple. Another user compared it to Roy's neutral B, and how many times did any of us lose a match because that blew up? (If you even let it do that.)

cccck

Smash Journeyman
Well this does seem to lend him to the kind of movement they where talking about before...
he seems high risk/very fast to me... but I could be wrong.

Pima

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the charging up-B.... unless you're stalling while charging, then that is another story

IllidR

Smash Champion
It was a nice update, but we already knew pretty much the jist of his special moves. The charging of his jetpacks has me worried how many other up-specials are going to have to be charged and if they cause you to stall in air.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
It was a nice update, but we already knew pretty much the jist of his special moves. The charging of his jetpacks has me worried how many other up-specials are going to have to be charged and if they cause you to stall in air.
he says "If you charge this up before using it" there for you don't have to change it if you don't want to.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Why is everyone complaining about Diddy's moves? Heaven forbid he might damage himself, and in order to PREVENT any damage the player would REQUIRE some SKILL!

This might mean Diddy is another "advanced" character. I guess that means he'll be a low tier for no reason just like Yoshi was.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Yoshi gets ***** by any characters with projectiles/Fox.

Thats why they had to fix him in Brawl to not get ***** so bad.

Diddy will probably still beat out Yoshi with his magic peanut gun.

Drake3

Smash Ace
The pistol is very unique. Can explode and/or damage someone and/or heal someone. Losing the jetpack strikes me as odd though. Funny, but odd.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
It just goes to show how balanced this game is trying to be.

Let's give him a gun that explodes, BUT let's make the gun's ammo heal you if you eat it.

Let's give him an unstable rocket boost, BUT since its unstable lets make it fly off and cause chaos.

And by the way, I thought Pichu was an awesome character. He was so crazy-cool. I mean, look at his costumes! You have pilot-pichu, general-pichu, and damsel-pichu. And him hurting himself was awesome. "You didn't kill me! ... I killed me!"

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Sweet update. This just made it more interesting for me to try out Diddy Kong. I thought it was funny when Diddy Kong went sailing without his jetpack. I'm going to have fun firespiking Diddy Kong's Up-B with Mario. :)

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
I think people may be taking "...and they can sometimes go flying away on their own" the wrong way. Sakurai may have meant they SOMETIMES fly away when you're hit rather then Diddy just losing them.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyone think Diddy's exploding jetpack is gonna be like Luigi's misfire?
It looks like we've done a number on the English interpretation. Lets see if I can help.

バレルジェット中に攻撃されると、ジェットがすっぽ抜けて
飛んでいくこともたまにあるとか。

The big part should mean, If and ONLY IF, you are attacked... and the rest follows.

The barrels don't just explode and fly away without being attacked.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It seems like Brawl is taking ideas explored in Melee (such as morphing) and expanding them in Brawl.

Zelda had Sheik as a transformation, but this resulted in players simply picking the better half. Stamina with the PT character forces the player into using all the strengths of each member of the team.

With this in mind, I think Sakurai is exploring drawbacks with Diddy. Both Luigi and Pichu and Roy had drawback attacks. Attacks that could be devastating but could also result in percentage buildup or a misfire either randomly, based on the type of attack, or based on the amount of time it was charged.

It seems that Diddy will carve out this niche. He is fast and chaotic. His moves can offer him rewards or punishment depending on controlled and random factors.

I always liked the idea of Pichu. A little guy with more power then he could control.

.::Link::.

Smash Apprentice
I for one saw these moves coming so i really was not impressed with this update....we need a new character or something bigger than just a few moves.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Homeless i already took your wii code
so can you please take my code please
Stop spamming. Private messenge him if you guys want to continue. Anyways, that's an interesting idea, Big Rick. However, I don't think it's be that much of a problem since it's not exactly like Falco's lasers.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
::::: more info AGAINST an animal crossing charecter :::::
a human is in the BACKGROUND!
So human crosser is automaticly de-confirmed as there's just 1 human in the world.

Top Bottom