• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger for Smash Bros Wii U/3DS To Be Announced July 14th

jr22

Smash Apprentice
Interesting, hopefully we'll see some veterans revealed with the new fighter.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Ryu from Street Fighter 2 would be interesting
Not a chance, Capcom already has Megaman as their mascot, Ryu wouldn't be able to bring his combos into the game (however some of his moves can be given to other characters, since Megaman is using a variation of his iconic uppercut.)

SuperBoshi

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
JOHN#281
This would have to be a real hype builder if Sakurai had to give it it's own trailer separate from the direct.

I'm saying Ridley, K. Rool, or one of the Gematsu Trio.
Agreed sir ! Get that gator off his rocking chair, even Cranky Kong is more active than the Big Bad King himself with Tropical Freeze. My fingers crossed for another Metriod character OTHER THAN RIDLEY.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Agreed sir ! Get that gator off his rocking chair, even Cranky Kong is more active than the Big Bad King himself with Tropical Freeze. My fingers crossed for another Metriod character OTHER THAN RIDLEY.
But who would it be?
Unless...... YES! OF COURSE!

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
I don't like the fact that the Xenoblade guys retweeted the tweet and stuff. If it is Shulk, there would be no suprise at all since a big hint was given.

Last edited:

SuperBoshi

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
JOHN#281
This would have to be a real hype builder if Sakurai had to give it it's own trailer separate from the direct.

I'm saying Ridley, K. Rool, or one of the Gematsu Trio.
But who would it be?
Unless...... YES! OF COURSE!

EXACTLY ! In fact its just three minutes of him saying that ! :laugh:

SuperBoshi

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
JOHN#281
My bets are on Shulk and Falcon
I hope they're going to have a veteran character as well like the Greninja trailer. Cpt. Falcon will be unlockable so I don't think they'll reveal him just yet, I would predict maybe Wario or Meta Knight. :colorful:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
i'm still thinking Sakurai is tricking us and instead of revealing Shulk they will reveal Chorus Kids But i can't predict him no one can because the man is insane!

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
OK i'm calling that when SSB5 Is announced And they are picking the roster it will include a Art Academy Character the Inkling from Splatoon and Impa as playable characters If An Art Academy Character does get announced one day i will Scream with Joy and tell the world i called it!
EDIT : Vince would be a great choice it would also be easy to come up with a moveset Just by looking at him!

Last edited:

RednekGamurz

Smash Rookie
NNID
RednekGamurz
3DS FC
2251-5616-7274
I kind of hope that the reveal isn't for Shulk. I want him in the game, but with the Monolith Soft dev retweeting the Smash tweet, it would kind of ruin the surprise of the announcement. I'm hoping for someone completely out of the blue to be revealed, or should I say purple, if you catch my cold.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Enough with Ridley! He is NOT and very likely WILL NOT be a part of the roster and as per the April Nintendo Direct is instead strongly suggested to be a boss on Pryosphere the same way the Yellow Devil terrorizes Dr. Wily's Castle! Sheesh I swear people who swear up and down that the purple foe of Samus Aran will be playable are like South Park's take on Al Gore (ManBearPig anybody?)

Any more guest fighters would be out of the question as Hideo Kojima hasn't requested that Snake return for round 2 and not to mention is busy himself with Metal Gear Solid 5 as we speak! Three guests is plenty along with the fact that Pac-Man being in the game kills any chance for a Tekken and or Soul Caliber character of making it in and same goes for any Street Fighter reps thanks to MegaMan's inclusion.

A veteran like Captain Falcon being revealed would be nice, but we all know how Sakurai is ;) Besides, if Samurai Goroh returning as an assist trophy is anything to go on...(Any F-Zero stage being confirmed would ALSO be a dead giveaway)

If the Gematsu leaked is to be believed (Ike having surprisingly returned has shrunk a FE: Awakening rep's chances by a LARGE percent), I'd say either the XenoBlade rep or *shudders* a rep from a game hardly anybody played will show their mug tomorrow night.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Enough with Ridley! He is NOT and very likely WILL NOT be a part of the roster and as per the April Nintendo Direct is instead strongly suggested to be a boss on Pryosphere the same way the Yellow Devil terrorizes Dr. Wily's Castle! Sheesh I swear people who swear up and down that the purple foe of Samus Aran will be playable are like South Park's take on Al Gore (ManBearPig anybody?);)
In that case, Ridley will totally be playable in this game! "I'm super cereal"

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Enough with Ridley! He is NOT and very likely WILL NOT be a part of the roster and as per the April Nintendo Direct is instead strongly suggested to be a boss on Pryosphere the same way the Yellow Devil terrorizes Dr. Wily's Castle! Sheesh I swear people who swear up and down that the purple foe of Samus Aran will be playable are like South Park's take on Al Gore (ManBearPig anybody?)
Don't be ridiculous. I'm not saying Ridley will be in, but the Direct, considering Sakurai's track record, is hardly evidence of anything.

SojyuRyu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiragon21
3DS FC
2019-9678-7610
I knew it was coming I've been on Miiverse discussing how we would get a few more characters coming in I guess 2-4 more..if were lucky(Please!!!).

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Not really sure what is up with people's beef with Shulk, the Gamatsu Leak, or Monolith Soft's retweets.

First of all, you can't tell me that everyone is going to enjoy every single character that gets revealed in a game. Like it or not, Xenoblade is among the new wave of popular Nintendo games. Having new characters from new franchises appeals to a wider audience. And given the history behind that game, it will be pretty hype just seeing a new character in the game at all. I mean look at how well received the Fire Emblem characters were before anyone even knew what Fire Emblem was.

Second, sure the Gamatsu leak is pretty much everywhere by now. But it should have been obvious people would be talking about leaks in a community based around that series. You exposed yourself to the leak and you have no one to blame but yourself. Everyone has the ability to ignore information given to them and just walk away.

And lastly, if you made it as far as hearing the information about Monolith Soft's retweets, you purposely exposed yourself to the information. No excuses.

That all aside, I'm personally excited for tomorrow. Shulk or not. I've been blown away by every trailer so far, even after being exposed to the information. I won't be disappointed with tomorrow's trailer either.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I want a Golden Sun character!

...and Shulk.

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
"Nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos..."

How many is in a stash? Google it for me.

Top Bottom