• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger #1

vinube

Smash Rookie
They shouldnt get rid of ANY character at all….They could have lots of characters….though meke them unique…they could polsih marth and roy and Ike…well i dont know who he is….but it seemss gudd….The professor of luigis mansion is about to be announced, sakurai told me, if you dont believe me go to www.smash.is.gay.com …..whooT! just kiddin…though you cuould go to the page….i hope they announce peach soon and dont kill her greatness like they did on kirby when he passed from 64 to meleee

F

FalcoRoy

YES! go Ike he is awsome! I would like to see black knight as Ike’s boss

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Whether Marth or Roy will be cut- who knows but the developers?
I find it increasingly difficult to make judgements based solely on Dojo’s updates.
Just gotta have faith in them I guess.

I’m sure they understand the impact of the decisions they’re making far better than we do.

On another note- why Lucario? I haven’t been into the Pokemon series at all in recent years. Is that a main attraction now? Pokemon make great characters in Smash, so I am interested to see what the possibilities are.

S

Sakurai

I can tell you right now that Ash Ketchum will not be a playable character.

M

METROID MAN

go ravenkikas!
METROIDS FOR AN ASSIST TROPHIE!
OR LIKE 3 FLY OUT AND TAKE HP AWAY FROM PEOPLE AND RETURN IT TO THE SENDER!

C

camperkid

instead of ridley as a playable character I think they should put in one of the bounty hunters from the DS game Metroid Prime Hunters.

KiD NiX

Smash Rookie
Looks pretty cool…. A mix between Marth and Roy kinda…

I guess now that a Fire Emblem character has been revealed, the kind of ancient battlefield/castle stage we’ve been seeing for some time is Ike stage. Cause it don’t seem from Zelda, and it’s definetly not Bowser or Peach’s. If you saw the video of FE, Goddess of Dawn, it looks A LOT like the castle and battlefield in it.

I hope Marth will stay ¬¬ But no more clones in Brawl, plz.

Also I wonder, maybe the WARNING thing means this one is actually an unlockable character. If not why didn’t the other ones have it?

K

kirbykirbykirby

I can’t wait until they release a game play video with Ike in it.

OFF TOPIC

RIDELY would be cool but I highly dought Ash would be a character, he would havr no battle moves.

K

kirbykirbykirby

The warning was proubly there in case you want to be a surprise.

KiD NiX

Smash Rookie
Oh common, Ash has as much chances to be in Brawl as Elvis Presley…

Despite the rumors and all, I highly doubt Ridley will be in Brawl, simply because he’s just too huge!! If they put someone bigger than Bowser I’d be surprised… Ridly will MOST LIKELY be an assist Trophy tough… Or Meta Ridley, since he’s the one we’re seeing in Metroid games recently… Fly in the background, shoots a couple of Blast, then swipe across the stage… something like that… A good exemple of one Trophy that could hurt you too…

K

kirbykirbykirby

Oops, I meant to say Ash would not be in the game.

K

Kinnikuman

NOOO!!!! I really don’t care about these stupid fire emblem people no offense. I just really really really want them to reveal an AC character! If they reveal Tom Nook he will totally be my main.
King Boo and Petey Pirannha I like the way u think username100! But what if Toad joined the fray! He would be sweet! To stay on topic Ike at least looks cooler than Marth and Roy. Who else can see that the special moves for this guy are drawing near, even though I myself am eagerly awaiting Yoshi’s Final Smash and Special moves!

K

kirbykirbykirby

Actually Tom might be a possibilty because he was a trophy in melee as were most newcomers.

Example:Meta Knight and Pit.

K

Kinnikuman

btw tomorrow = Fire Emblem Stage / Something Yoshi related / Something boring AKA. Fire Emblem stage

K

kirbykirbykirby

I hope Kirby’s final smash is announeced soon but I also want to see Yoshi’s and Ike’s.

KiD NiX

Smash Rookie
Kirby Final Smash is already known. For Ike, someone who knows about FE Path of Radiance could guess. For Yoshi…. Hmmm it could be transforming everyone in eggs for a while… Or give him 7 Giant eggs to shoot at people like in Yoshi Island?

K

kirbykirbykirby

I know that Kirby’s smash was shown I just want details.

K

Kinnikuman

Yeah Kid NiX why don’t u just completely explain Kirbys FS is then? I know it’s a cooking pot but how did they get in there and what happens to them?????????????????????????????????????????????????

K

kirbykirbykirby

Oh, and whoever came up with that costume idea is brilliant.

KiD NiX

Smash Rookie
Costume Idea? Well IF Kirby Final Smahs works like in Kirby Superstar XD He will pause, put everyone in a pot and cook them XD But about the whole food thing, I don’t know o.o Maybe he will just get healed or real Food will appear? And it looks pretty damage-oriented, I wonder if it will knock people away…..

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
shoot me if an animal crossing character becomes playable i mean seriously lol. but yeah now im pretty sure that Marth and Roy are gone. Ike is international the other 2 are not. it’s not fair to the people outside of Japan who dont know who they are. sure we know now but we didint before. and being in 1 fighting game that was released internationally isnt enough to justify Sakurai bringing them back. If we had gotten the FE games a long time ago then ok.Ike was created with the intention of making everybody now who he was hence his inclusion in brawl.

I love how i make alotta sense when i talk :]

K

kirbykirbykirby

the idea of costumes insead of clones, a costume for Mario would be Dr. Mario.

It had nothing to do with the current topic, someone had metioned it higher up and wanted to give them their kudos.

K

kirbykirbykirby

And Marth and Roy will not be in the game, I agree.

H

homelessvagrant

Wait who’s the idiot who thinks Ash should be in. He’s not even in a videogame at most based off one. If they do add someone of his essence it should be Red. But I’d rather have squirtle. We need more unique characters in Brawl who do different things (instead of twenty billion sword users). Nonetheless i don’t believe I’ll be so fortunate.

And Ridley could fit in brawl. look at the melee video. He wasn’t that big. Same with original metroid. I mean look at game & watch, how many people could imagine him in smash.

K

kirbykirbykirby

Someone named Mr fN Le0n mentioned Ash, I think he is crazy he would have no battle moves.

KiD NiX

Smash Rookie
Eeeeeh Game and Watch was surprising, but not impossible…. Ridley might not look big in the video, but did you actually played a Metroid game?? Most of the time he’s HUGE. About as big as Giga Bowser… I think…

And the costume idea was mine… well, I did mention it, maybe someone came up with that before me XD

KiD NiX

Smash Rookie
Screw pokemons as playable characters. Except Pikachu and Mewtwo. Pikachu is a main character and Pokemon Mascot and Mewtwo is… well more than a pokemon ;) Pokemons belongs in Pokeballs if you ask me T__T

K

kirbykirbykirby

I am now disagreeing with myself Ike is most likely in the main line-up because he was introduced as challenger not a newcomer.

K

kirbykirbykirby

Okay maybe not squirtle but Lucario is a fighting type he would fit right in.
Although I dought either of them are in the game.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I’d love to have Squirtle, Charmander, or Bulbasaur as playables. Back to the original three.

But really as far as Pokemon go, I’d like a change of pace. How about something with four legs? Particularly, I think Eevee would kick ass- he’d evolve after being hit with an element of some kind.

H

homelessvagrant

Are you crazy Kid Nix, Pokemon are if anything the most unique fighters in the game. I mean the character design and elemental combat options add a layer of creativity that a normal human with weapon adds. Think for example Metagross, naturally since he isn’t anthromorphic people would say no to a character like him. However his phychic attacks deal with grabs; his body, feet and phychic abilities for basic A attacks; his pokemon moves for B attacks; and his hovering ability (in pokemon a Metagross can hover by tucking it’s legs and phychically pulling itself up), It could have to small jumps, a hover ability (like peach’s) and a third jump like Bowser’s or mewtwo’s. Normally people would say no that’d be lame but do we need forty human like character who operate exactly the same or many diverse characters like Yoshi, Kirby, Pikachu, and Ness.

and with this leads to my other argument. Ridley would be different. like Ridley, Bowser changes his size too (mario sunshine). I have played Metroid games, i just got into them not too long ago. I’ve seen ridley big and small. just because for the majority he’s big doesn’t mean he’s always that size or has to be for that matter. I like Ridley. He has a lot of unique attacks as well as a unique structure. Why not make him as big as Bowser (or slightly bigger).

I mean should we argue whether Sakurai could mold him into the basics of brawl when we’re not the developers making the game. I mean who would look at Solid snake as fitting in. The guys in a M rated game that’s not made by Nintendo. So if the only issue is size then really should there be an issue at all. In the japanese forums Ridley ranked really high in the forum. Note in japan Metroid doesn’t even have a strong fan base, so to have him high up there with Dedede, Diddy Kong, and Ike says a lot.

I predict him to be playable. I truly can see the new challenger sign as you are wisked away to a brinstar stage to fight the ptredactyl dragon.

H

homelessvagrant

thanks,

I’m hoping the moderators note me and grant me blog writing power. I know such a thing would never happen, but I choose dream big anyway.
v_v

K

Kinnikuman

I’m Sure Sakurai will agree when I say that the idea of being Tom Nook and taking down Bowser just seems like a Smash Bros. kind of thing and it would be SWEET! Do u agree Sakurai? Oh yeah and Pokemon are geat to be in the game I still have my fingers crossed for Lucario. So Sakurai dude what is your favorite character?

M

Mr fN LeOn

If ash is in the game he maybe he can bring out the 3 original Pokemon as attacks just like how captain commando brings out his boys in marvel vs capcom dat would be so kool cause squirtle is the man nd the only reason I want ash in the game is so I can kick his ass thank u 4 listening

H

homelessvagrant

Sakurai dialogue: My favorite character would be you baby doll, but no tom nook. That rascally racoon has rabbies due to vaccinate in a couple weeks. Yohohoho, rabies

—————————————————————————-
Mr fN LeOn: Ash won’t be in the game, he’s an anime character. The character you’re talking about is Red, a much more stylish cooler version of that dimwit character. they are two seperate people. But yes it’d be cool.

I just wish squirtle himself would be in the game. Enough people like him, he’s a starter poke, and he has something new to offer to smash (water based attacks). I just hope deep in my heart Sakurai has a soft spot for the cutest turtle in the world. But I highly doubt it

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
aww i used to love squritle and charmander. sadly I dont see squirtle making it. the thing with the pokemon franchise is there are soooo many to choose from and it basically comes down preference. some people hate squirtle(cant see how) but yeah. I think a vast majority of pokemon could fit in brawl moveset wise. so it more or less comes down to popularity.

Pokemon that I think will make the cut are the ones who’s popularity are undisputible. Pikachu Mewtwo and Jiggs fit that bill perfectly. I cant really say who because the last pokemon series i played was ruby/saphire. I did however know Deoxys was in no way going to be playable. again, every pokemon can fight. so it comes down not to who you like and think is your favorite but who is notable enough to earn a spot.

Top Bottom