• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Brawler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grapes123

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,
I brought SSBB about a year ago but I've never really gotten into it until this summer. My friend, who uses these forums, urged me to play some brawl the other day and I started liking it. Since I'm kinda new to multiplayer on Brawl and such, I was wondering which character I should use. Currently I'm best with Marth but my friend says there are better characters out there. So my main question for this thread is, which character should I main? ATM I only have the starting roster (told ya I didn't play much) w/a couple of additions cause I played some brawls and 20% of Subspace. I don't really like ranged characters but if he/she/it is seriously good, then please tell me about the character. Anyways, if you have a character in mind for a newb like me, please post his name and a couple of tutorials on basic tips with the character.
Thanks a bunch, I hope to play more and discuss more w/yall!

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Your friend is wrong. Marth is one of the best characters in the game. He only has 3 small disadvantage match ups. If you like marth then use him. You should go to the Marth section on this forum and find out how to use him better. Marth is not easy to use well, so it will take you some time to get really good with him. If you want to use a character good for beginners, you should use Kirby or Mario. I think Kirby might be better because it's easier to recovery with him.

I did not find any guides for Marth and Mario, but here is one for Kirby:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=144039

Blissard

Smash Lord
If you're considering playing competitively, pick Metaknight. If you realize you don't really like him after awhile, he'll still always be a solid secondary.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Don't become a meta knight main because then people will hate you. And if you main marth, you won't need a second character.

link2702

Smash Champion
until he gets banned, might as well go metaknight.

no disadvantaged matchups in the game, retardedly easy learning curve, in a spot all his own at the very top of the tier list, most tournaments are either won by metaknight players, or they mk players are placing very well all the time.

if you want the easiest route to get "good" at this game, then go metaknight.

but bear in mind he's getting very close to possibly getting banned now, the discussion is already up again in the community, and alot of folks who didn't agree with the ban before, are starting to say that it should happen now.

kingdededestroy

Smash Rookie
just one character ?

ok dude or dudette, you CAN use metaknight but its true he can verry plausibly be banned but you dont haved to inly use one character, mk could be you main if you want but you can have your secondary marth. marth and meta "kind" of have the same style of fighting( quick ans effective swordsmanship. now im a king ddd main so its not realy my sector of fighting but i like character diversity and you should keep your options open;)

holyv

Smash Journeyman
DON'T PLAY METAKNIGHT IN ANY CIRCUNSTANCES.
Play the character that you have fun :)
Turn off items.
And read your character boards for techniques and stuff.
Play with a gamecube controller.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom