• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Bowser boards overlord

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Yo guys, I'm the new mod for these boards here.

Just a quick couple of notes to make sure your topic doesn't get fsmashed:

SEARCH FOR TOPICS before you make a new topic. This game has been out for a long, long time. If you want to know what flame canceling is please dont make a new topic for it, its somewhere on here I'm sure. Asking how to do techniques is pretty ridiculous at this point in the games lifespan, they will get closed for sure unless it really is somehow something that is explained nowhere else or is something deserving of its own topic.

I'll allow some amount of joking around, i'm not the most serious guy, but at least try to stay somewhat useful. We dont need topics about how funny bowser's dash animation is, or a topic devoted to how cute he is (though a bowser image topic where we compile all the vids we've found could be interesting lol) just aren't necessary. Strategy topics are great, "what color do you use" is not great.

Lastly lets keep it about bowser, it should seem like a given, but its not unheard of that topics would be made with completely no correlation specifically to bowser, and just about general gameplay.

Feel free to post topics containing your bowser vids here for critique.
I'm not sure if this is generally encouraged on other character specific boards, but I know full well how horrible it is to post a bowser vid on the 1v1 vids section and have like nobody care *remembers back in the day* so feel free to post them here, i'll to my best to give a real response to said videos and i'll make my own topic for my own vids as well for you guys (there will be lots of new ones coming, i just got a capture card and i have lots of vids available to put up)

Thanks a lot everyone, if you have any suggestions or comments or anything you want to say about the bowser boards let me know here. Thanks!

Anyways, if you have any comments or concerns, or having anything suggestions for this room, let me know in this thread!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I hope your Bowser Essay is good because I need awesome guides for my new Character Guide Links Thread. That thread is a small part of a very major project just so you know. Polish it up some if you want to make it look really good.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
haha the bowser essay is ancient and also fairly inaccurate as far as the speed of moves, i'd edit it but... to be honest the only person who cares enough about bowser to care about the subtle differences is me. but i have other bowser projects in mind, keep your eyes on these forums to see more soon.

RexMaster

Smash Cadet
Mostly at UofManitoba, Winnipeg, in the smelly UMa
Tell me, Gimpy, do you encourage scenarios like this:

In Winnipeg Mb, war was beginning. You see, basically our competitive scene looked like this:
#1: Myself (Falco/Bowser), my rival: Sheik/pichu player >>>> everyone else

Now it looks like this:
Asian Highschoolers (All Falco, +1 CF) > My comparatively unpracticed, low-shine Falco

I ran into the situation where I was playing one of their best (a falco player. I hope this has been obvious enough). When we sat down to the match, I said this : "I know you're a Falco player. So am I, sorta. How about we make this a REAL MAN'S MATCH: If you don't play Falco, I will play BOWSER LOLZ." For some reason, he: #1: agreed, and #2: didn't pick sheik. I can't explain either of these.
However, he did pick Pikachu, and we did end up on Mute, and after ravaging his Rat with Dthrows, I subsequently beat him 3stock, with two remaining to myself. Nuts to the Rat, Bowser McKoopa for Mid Tier. He was so flustered that I beat one of the best local Falco's with Sheik, whom I had pick up this past month.

The moral of the story is: Don't expect them to fall for that twice.
Or rather: Is Bowser propaganda healthy for the community? Perhaps we should make a "for the Koopa Kingdom" thread of encouragement, in these days of space animals and Bowser-only combos?

I salute our new commander, the inspiration or reptilian rapists the world over.

RexMaster

Smash Cadet
Mostly at UofManitoba, Winnipeg, in the smelly UMa
Pro-bowser propaganda? Goading people into not using their mains by tricking them into thinking that Bowser is a bad character, and beating them mercilessly? ABUSING PEOPLE'S GOOD NATURE AND PITY TOWARDS THE LOW TIERS IN ORDER TO WIN TOURNY MONIES.
Bad Koopa humor attempt? Also: terrible storytelling skills. Plus history nobody cares about. Our frozen prairie scene is tiny, and it gets kinda lonely with too few smashers to tell silly exploits to. We need more Bowsers around here.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
My character guide links thread is almost finished and this is the only room without a true guide. If one of you guys could make a guide then that would be really helpful.

MagnuM

Smash Ace
WHAT! NO! Gimpyfish how dare you say that! Bowser is the BEST character in the GAME if you just freaking play him properly! There are no tiers it's all up to the PLAYER! Timing is everything! Bowser is the greatest when in the hands of a master!

</noob>

I miss how much in denial I used to be about Bowser's suckage when I first got the game. Blind faith and hope is all I had!

BOWSER BETTER ROCK IN BRAWL! :mad:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Look at it this way. So is bowser. Most characters in the bottom tier bracket are more like "garbage tier" or "useless tier" anyways haha, but bowser is adorable and wicked fun to use horay!

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Captain Falcon's top of the fun tier, Roy's top of the fire tier and Ganondorf's top of the cute tier. Bowser's second on all those tiers :)

Bowser is quite awesome though. I just realized that my Bowser rarely loses. He used to be my screw around character but now I'm really good with him. I might use him in a Low Tier tourney coming up. :chuckle: That is, if I don't use G&W, Roy, Luigi, or Zelda >_>

I rock Low Tier.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Either that or the fact that I always go to Yoshi's Story with Bowser. :chuckle: Toooo good.

Bowser doesn't take **** from anybody. :bowser: Especially on Yoshi's Story.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon's top of the fun tier, Roy's top of the fire tier and Ganondorf's top of the cute tier. Bowser's second on all those tiers :)

Bowser is quite awesome though. I just realized that my Bowser rarely loses. He used to be my screw around character but now I'm really good with him. I might use him in a Low Tier tourney coming up. :chuckle: That is, if I don't use G&W, Roy, Luigi, or Zelda >_>

I rock Low Tier.
those are the old tier lists. bowser's on top of all of those now.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
both pichu mewtwo and bowser can all be pretty ****. doesnt mean they dont suck.

can bowser make it under the big platform in jungle japes and come up the other side? or only the small ones?

E_funK_009

Smash Cadet
both pichu mewtwo and bowser can all be pretty ****. doesnt mean they dont suck.

can bowser make it under the big platform in jungle japes and come up the other side? or only the small ones?
agreed, although i would say pichu is a little better, because at least he has speed.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
pichu is pretty fun to play. and i really dont think hes that bad either. better than mewtwo at least. but im guessing youve beaten some good pichus?

but gimpy, can bowser go under the central platform on jungle japes? i havent tried yet... just randomly occured to me

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The new official everything thread is up!

It is time for one of you to make a new Bowser guide. Out of all the characters, this was the only character that lacked a true guide. Not that it is my place to force any of you to do so but it would be nice to give back to the community, eh?

HXY56

Smash Apprentice
nobody's worse than Kirby....why do people doubt Bowser so much, I mean, I'm probably the best Bowser in my city, I beat lots f people.......sometimes.......but they still all think that I'm a freak for playing him. BOWSER IS THE BEST IN THE GAME!!! then its CF, he's so fun to use.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i made a kirby "combo video" just for the concept, i like the pacman fever song and wanted to make a video with a "pacman kirby" for a long time, so i finally did, its not really worht mentioning it was soemthign i did for personal reasons haha

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I definitely need to get a Bowser banner and make a Bowser combo video, especially since he's been my main for the longest, lol.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Bowser omg. Other real bowser players? yea!?!?!
I hate when i fight elite players and they choose bowser to try dittoing me and they end up gettin owned badly. They good but they know nothing about the adorable cute bowser.

We all have to get together and play. B/c i know there arent more than 10 great bowsers around the US. I dont really main him, but its incredible.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Ken did the same thing to me. He can't win them all ;) Then he admitted his two worst characters in the game were the characters I main (Peach and Bowser). I call that a John...

and welcome DJ Nintendo and WarriorKnight <3

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Caotic posted here too haha wow i think we drew out literally all ten boozers with the announcement that Gimpy now owns these threads

Top Bottom