• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NEW] Boss's Bi-weekly! (3/24) *$3 Free play all day*

Aero

Smash Journeyman
no offense boss

but uh... why on earth are you asking for 3$ without any tournament/prizes?

i'm getting bad ideas

Aero

Smash Journeyman
There shouldn't need to a be a venue fee. There's no venue to pay for. This is just at boss's house, and the only reason I can think of for this venue fee is so that this money can go into boss's own pocket. If I'm making a rash assumption, I apologize.

But, if I'm not, I don't care if the fee is 50 cents; there's no way I'm giving boss my money just to get into his house.

That's just ********.

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
hmm... i could understand if the prize was less than 100% payout (EXAMPLE: first gets 60%, second gets 20%, third gets 10%, totalling to 90% of the buy-in) but no prize at all? might as well just have friendlies the whole time
i agree with that idea...and if you really wanted to...you could make it like 50%, 15%, 5% and keep 30% to your self...but i like jigg's numbers.....

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
i agree with that idea...and if you really wanted to...you could make it like 50%, 15%, 5% and keep 30% to your self...but i like jigg's numbers.....
of course you agree with jigg, hes amazing... (not at smash though.. hes just okay at smash)

Wuss

Smash Champion
I'm sure boss has a reason to charge money (you better back me up man...), but otherwise, I agree that the tourney should have some sort of payout...
If your worried about people breaking stuff, than they have to pay you for what they broke, not use the money that other people gave you to pay for something that one person broke...
Whatever, boss is chill so I'm sure he isn't just being greedy...

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
lol people start to realize ! ? thats crazy ahahaha but i mean seriosuly if there was payout i would go but there isnt... so being cramped up in an apartment dosent sound too good for a 3$ venue fee 0.o

Wuss

Smash Champion
lol, I just realized that the title says, "3$ free play all day". But if your paying to play for free, than it isn't free...
boss should post soon so that people don't get outraged...

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
"$3 for free play" doesnt not mean paying 3 dollars to play for free, it means 3 dollars to play in a non-tournament setting (as in a smash fest, but you're paying to enter) logic people.. logic.

as for why theres a fee in the first place, i dont know, i'll talk to boss about it tomorrow, i guess.. try and figure out what the hell is going on.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
people were agreed to come til ck complained .....
u didnt come anyway so why u complained.. im so jealous that u can play for free =) lol

we might go to my friend house (redd went there once) place is pretty big & more tv
cuz me & boss were talked about that last night so $3 its really piece of cake to pay & play like all day..
if u guys want money mm's allow -.-

& dont complain to boss ...we not going to play at his APARTMENT but my friend house

* Wuss - it is free play ....its not call non-tournament play ... dont be that serious man lol i told in this topic already like 2 times that free play = non-tournament NOT play for free..

SERIOUSLY ...$3 is not that bad at all.. thats why i just want whoever to come ..cuz they want to play w/ us & records ..im glad if people come unlike CK .. keep complaining & being like u r so gooddd .. just go to the place that u said u can play for FREE .. or whatever =)

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
The host makes the rules. If Boss decides to make an entry fee, it's his choice and no one should have to question his motives. All I see so far is threadcrapping. If you disagree then don't go, like Korn mentioned.

Anyhow, I hope this event goes well. It looks like fun.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
seriously .. people already decided to come to this fest like redd,doll(redd said maybe),sage,lawl, fob , etc

so CK can u please get out ? =) ..just go buy 20 tacos for urself that worse than $3 lol
u r NOT coming anyway so dont ruin or change people minds..

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Sorry I came in on all this pretty late. This is happening THIS weekend? If so, me Nelo and Isra might try to make it.

TomH

Smash Journeyman
i agree that a "venue fee" for someone's house is just silly unless its a nominal fee in order to get a bit of money for organizing the event, but 3 dollars, 15 people...thats 45 dollars to organize an "event" where people come over and play smash.

And why must everyone have smash fests on saturday? Sunday is my free day...

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Sorry I came in on all this pretty late. This is happening THIS weekend? If so, me Nelo and Isra might try to make it.

Woo!!! If these three come We're doing some time of tourney, it's on.

CK and everyone gay: Stop *****ing LOL we're doing $3 to use Boss's friends house. This is a test run, come try it out. Jesus, I'll pay for you CK haha.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Cyrain , nelo , israfel COME!!! O____O its happen this saturday so u guys r not late!!!

redd.. just leave CK play for free w/ other people ...
i dont think we'll welcome him.. lol he almost ruin everything good job man..

i was really busy for school til this saturday.. i really get headache so ..
im glad people r plan to coming this fest & not be so serious about small..$3

& for gay people who complained about $3 really bad ... just leave lol

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I mean, yeah I understand, CK wants a tourney to happen with that $3 or at least something.

$3: Given to Everett to pay his parents (he also might order pizza ^_^)

$1-3 tourney? Sounds good. Can't wait for this, sucks that the reason I'm coming is because my Grandma is in the hospital

*pound*

EDIT: Also, I'm bringing a VCR, after the tourney, 1st and 2nd placers can be teams for draft crews. good?

Aero

Smash Journeyman
I suppose I can respect the 3$ entry fee to an extent. If Boss wants to make some money or whatever, I suppose that's fine; it's what places like CCX/C3 do all the time. It's just seems stranger in a situation like this -- with biweeklies at someone's house, I'm just used to a free (except for prize pools) for-the-community type of event (chu's biweeklies, etc.)

But whatever, it's not a big deal.

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
this thread... it needs more... cowbell. (sorry, i just watched that scene, and what can i say? snl is great)
lol only thing i can say is.. i hope i get my 8 bucks from boss soon.. april 3rd is right around the corner.

its not that he doesnt like you, its the fact that you are putting down the whole 3 dollar thing.... i think

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
maybe its because you have spent more than 3 dollars on tacos before, and thinks that since you have done that, 3 dollars for smash shouldnt be a big deal? (none of this is fact, mind you, just an assumption)

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
meh maybe a payout of some sorts at this free play then i'll come... it seems like redd will host a tourney ? at this

at least put the reason for the venue fee

i just found out so im straight now

as aeros assumption was also mine

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
not really ...i just dont want u to compained blah blah... i know u r so much better than me in smash ..thats why u can said like "i can play w/ people for free weeeee" , etc but i really dont care if u do like boss said.. cuz other people were coming anyway
i really get headache this week so i mean if u not helping ..but complained about piece of cake $3 just leave..
some people r plan to come so i think $3 its not a big deal at all..
& some people like to free play ..to practice to getting better or w/e

i think end of drama

so now more people'll coming im glad =)
- cyrain
-isra
-nelo

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
i mean korn just a reason would be enough to attract more people and it seems i might come to this as well as aero and your team partner Fob !

i was just wondering where the money is going but i know where so its fine now

FOB

Smash Ace
I think I'll make this. Venue fee isn't really special, I mean three dollars isn't that much. Personally I think that we should just make a 3 dollar venue fee, and a 5 dollar tournament, if its too expensive I think it could be changed to a 3 dollar tournament as well..Actually boss owes me 5 dollars from Chu's.... -_- Whatever.
ahem? lol ^_^

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
well.. without knowing what that.... something is, people might not come (like ck stated earlier)

im comming either way, but yeah, a reason as to why you need the money might persuade people to come

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
yeah? well i call teaming with.. (looks back at earlier pages to see who is coming to this thing) aero? lol i think hes coming.. i dunno. (aero come!!! double jiggs ftw!)

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Haha Redd I'm not even sure if I am coming...And if I do, I gotta team with Nelo. Sorry man. We are trying to find a way there, though. And Korn, don't under rate yourself. You're pretty good...I wouldn't say CK is "so much better" than you. Not to under rate CK, of course. :p <333

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
lol.. redd would rather team with a lvl 9 computer than ask me to team with him... (lol im still open untill aero actually acctepts, you know.. in fact, i dont even know if he is going)

Top Bottom