• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT?

lucassassin

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or had already been descovered. I was playing on castle seige earlier and when my opponent was on the ledge (and had ran out of invincibility frames) I pressed d-tilt. zss hit the opponent with her foot (owing to the distance from the ledge) and he flew downwards as if meteor smashed or spiked. Note that he wasn't stage spiked but seemed to fly straight downwards. unfortunatly i couldn't get a video but if somebody could try to do this then post one i would be most gratefull. remember to hit the the actual foot not the leg when your oponent is on the ledge.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Bad DI? Also, that would be more like Dtilt having a meteor mash property not an AT.

Zero

Smash Hero
Castle Siege ledge is flat, so your opponent would go straight down after being stage spiked.

Sorry, but dtilt doesn't cause downwards knockback. :\

EDIT: It could have been the opponent God DIing, that is, doing some input that sends them straight down.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Maybe its the stage?
Ive had Dsmash spike on PS1.
Ledges + attacks sometimes create some crazy shizz

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I think I saw either her D tilt or Zelda's spike in some combo video on Delfino. Maybe it does spike but we just don't hit people with the tip of her foot while in the air much.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Actually, I think I saw either her D tilt or Zelda's spike in some combo video on Delfino. Maybe it does spike but we just don't hit people with the tip of her foot while in the air much.
If it does spike, it's VERY situational.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but it could probably still be a little useful. It's probably easier to land than a Luigi D tilt spike. It'll probably be kind of like Peach's/Pit's. I've actually spiked once with U tilt, I think it was just the first hit, though. It would be interesting if you could do it out of a D smash, since whenever they're in that position you should be able to D smash. I can't really test this myself, but if it's somewhat reasonable to land, like Peach's, I may try to do it when I get a D smash on the edge and I can't land a Flip kick, stage spike, or footstool (because they have good recovery).

solecalibur

Smash Master
This is at very low % also , interesting I thought this would be at high (was the Computer your friend? possibly DIing in a direction that made it work?)
How long did it take for you to "reenact it" and it was perfect spacing of your foot i assume?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'm taking this as just luck mixed in with some silly glitches.
Stuff like this happens every once in a while in this game.
If someone can reenact this with the same outcome MULTIPLE times, then maybe I'll think differently, but until then, just a situational glitch.

lucassassin

Smash Cadet
if the opponent is sent stright up from where it was after dropping down how can it collide with a lip? and anyway if you look at my video diddy is quite clearly on the ledge

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Oh, I didn't see your video.

After watching it, I believe this was probably SDI into the lip which caused the spike. It makes sense because CPUs SDI everything.

Blakmane

Smash Apprentice
if you look carefully, you can see the opponent actually fly upwards, smack into the odd lip of castle siege, and then spike down and off the stage.

So it's a stage spike, sorry. Still, good to know for that particular portion of castle siege. Anyone know if it works on other stages?

*edit*

oops, beaten to it.

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... its clearly obvious that it stagespikes by the video dude :) The blue meteorlikeblowupthingy proves they di'd toward you and then got ***** by the lip... Thanks for informing people though :D as much as i abuse zss's dtilt as a shield poke i got a little excited about this D:

Top Bottom