• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT Video Uploaded

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Hammer Sliding

Pretty Simple really

Everyone knows how to run and then shield.

If u can do that quickly release the Joystick when u acticate the shield and a moment later while ur sliding use the ground hammer in the opposite direction u were running or in the same direction. U should get a sliding effect with ur Ground hammer. It only works with ground hammer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz2GHiZt2Yw

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
come on gonzo, put a vid up soon. i learn better when someone shows me how to do something. thanx.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Or B-reverse your hammer on the ground and skip the shielding step.

(Dash, Side-B in direction your facing, quickly tap other direction)
Didn't asdioh already use this in his combo video's?
What Havokk mentioned is what I did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqDPUVgqPO0
0:55-1:03 is a good example of it.

It sounds like Gonzo is talking about something different though. You don't really "slide" when doing running B-reverse.

I'll point out two things: during your initial dash, you can do hammer backwards normally.

After flat-out running, you have to B-reverse it, since it doesn't do anything if you hammer opposite you.

So say you tap left, during the first "step" of your dash you can tap backwards + B for a hammer in the opposite direction. If you've been running for more than one step, that does not do anything. If you are running to the left, you have to hold left+B as you are running, and then immediately tap to the right to reverse the direction of your hammer.

But with what Gonzo's saying, it sounds to me like you don't NEED to reverse it at all, that's just the way he did it. I dunno though, I'll give it a try.

edit: Okay I see the video now. I did it before, the one at about 1:17 looked about right. It's kinda hard to do it right. You have to release shield, wait a second, and then hammer in the opposite direction.

I tried it with his other B moves too, it seemed to help a little, but not much. I think I got it to work pretty nicely with Inhale/b reversal Inhale, but I'm not sure XD

Top Bottom