• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new AT? maybe not. its up to your disgression to decide.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
sometimes i like to practice with samus without using certain moves. i feel it makes you rely more so on other moves as common sense would tell you. well, while practicing without using zair i (maybe) discovered something imo pretty useful. i figured out how to make kind of a wave dash using the down b. all you simply do is while running press down b and then press back on the stick on the left that makes you move and you spring backward a decent amount of distance. this amount of distance is large enough to where you can avoid some serious attacks not to mention possibly damaging the opponent all the while making mindgames as well (which we all know brawl really lacks). however, this makeshift "wavedash" is not totally lagless. as we all remember in the good old melee days the real wavedash was totally lagless not to mention you could actually attack out of it. well, this new "wavedash" has lag and you can't really do anything except change direction but it is not lacking good purpose. it still has that spacing and mind game effect that the origional wavedash had which makes it 100% useful. also, the lag at the end of the bomb jump isn't too bad at all meaning a possible attack out of the bombjump "wavedash".

some useful ways to use it i found were:

-runing at the opponent and then bombjump wavedashing back. *mindgames melee style*

-when you are running and they are running behing you, you can while running with them to your back bombjump wavedash and then press the opposite direction you are facing and often enough you land right behind them ready to counter.

-if you short hop in the direction you are running or facing and then bomb jump, the momentum you get in the air is just about if not exactly the same distance you get on the ground also meaning that you can go in any direction. *note* (this goes really well with the last point).

there are more ways i found to use but i am high and tend to forget things easily :S
this should hold ya for now until you test it and figure out things for yourself.

AT? yes or no?

hope this helps.............

EDIT: sorry for not showing a vid of the bombjump wavedash (if this becomes an AT thats what were calling it) but we have all used the morhp ball before and im sure we can all easily figure out what im talking about.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I've played around w/ Samus down-b before. I might even use Samus again so I can see the benefit in this.:samus:

No one should shoot down your plane yet. Everyone should disect this tech for what it's worth.

Space-knight

Smash Cadet
What is the wavedash in melee that you are talking about? I dont remember it. This move sounds cool but not knowing what you mean by wavedash is killing me.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
What is the wavedash in melee that you are talking about? I dont remember it. This move sounds cool but not knowing what you mean by wavedash is killing me.
Wave Dash.

In Melee, Samus exclusively had the Super Wave Dash.

In Brawl, there is glide tossing, which looks similar to wave dashing, except you need an item. Some characters move further than others. For example, Pit and Zero Suit Samus slide really far. Samus can get some distance, and works similarly to Diddy Kong's. If we could glide toss without using items, we'd technically have a wave dash.

Space-knight

Smash Cadet
Wave Dash.

In Melee, Samus exclusively had the Super Wave Dash.

In Brawl, there is glide tossing, which looks similar to wave dashing, except you need an item. Some characters move further than others. For example, Pit and Zero Suit Samus slide really far. Samus can get some distance, and works similarly to Diddy Kong's. If we could glide toss without using items, we'd technically have a wave dash.
oh ok I gotcha ya. Boy I need to update my brawl vocabulary...

LanceStern

Smash Lord
No this isnt' an AT and :( for getting high.

Anyways a few of us have been doing it for a while. It can be pretty punishable but I just remembered, you can buffer a lot of stuff out of it.

+ Bomb jump and then with the analog + A (don't use cstick) perform a down smash. There will be no lag on the MBB and you could protect yourself. A great space tool combined with your BJWD

+ Bomb Jump and then use Dtilt... another great BJWD spacing tool.

Still you will get punished. The BJ is a little too slow to not get picked up on.

Top Bottom