• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new AT: hyper homing-attack

infomon

Smash Scientist
Or do we already have something named this? :laugh:

this is prolly useless and I'll prolly get laughed at for it but oh well :)

do this very fast with enemy out of range: (I)SDJ > turnaround-HA.

that is, shoot off the ground in an SDJ, then immediately do a turnarounded homing-attack.
Fast enough that you go straight backards through the SDJ's path and bounce happily off the ground.

It's hard for my n00b fingers to do consistently (cuz turnarounds are stupid); are there any tricks to getting it off?

The point is not just to be a mindgame, but as a way to stop the SDJ very quickly; well, quicker than letting it rise and fall and landing on the ground and then going backwards, anyway.

Actually, doing just SDJ > asap HA could be useful too.

Think about times when you're being edgeguarded, so you jump+side-B over an enemy to get back to the stage safely. But now you're returning to the stage and your spindash doesn't have jump data. So of course once you land, you're going to have to SDJ. But the SDJ takes long enough and goes far enough that on a small stage, you're prolly going to have to either grab the ledge at the end (not a great place for Sonic to be, often), or spring out (can leave you at a loss in some matchups; ex. small stage and Ike or ROB chasin u down).

So instead, here's a different, tricksie way to stop the SDJ in its tracks; assuming your opponent isn't close enough to get hit with the HA. But then, that might be why you're turnaround'ing it (HA has diff. range with each direction of it, right?)

Alternatively, as a fake-out approach: SDJ, HA backwards, SDJ, HA and delay it to hit him when he does something stupid lol

yeah make fun of me now

infomon

Smash Scientist
OK, prolly not until the weekend tho. We'll see.

I'm having terrible software johns, everything is broken, which is why I haven't even got Chis' vids up yet from like weeks ago :S

Tenki

Smash Hero
just tap back and hit B after you SDJ (use a jump or attack button to SDJ, so your left thumb can do the whole tapping-back-thing)

I'm pretty sure instant D-air is faster though. That's my usual alternative to SDJ > FF.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I was about to get all up in that grill, then I noticed you were Infzy, so I'll try it out. Sounds interesting coming from Infzy's... fingers.

infomon

Smash Scientist
actually it's complete and utter trash, I never thought of using Dair for this purpose which is less lag and less stupid. Thanx Tenki! :psycho:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
infzy for worst sonic ever.

/thread
<3

:093: