• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT: Dash to Bair Edgeguard

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I don't know if it's been discovered already, but it doesn't hurt to post and find out. So, while testing out some different ways to cape glide with Mario, I decided to see what effects would take place if I used B-sticking/Wavebouncing on the cape.

When I did this all I got was Mario instantly backflipping. Useless at first sight, but then I realized you could surprise your opponent with an instant RAR Bair for an edgeguard technique. This can replace Mario's Fair in some cases and trade it out for hir Bair, which comes out much faster.

I can't do vids, because I don't have any device for it. You can test this on your own, and see how you can apply it to your own game. Hope this helps. :)

Instructions: Dash to edge and tap the B-stick inward, and Mario should backflip over the edge. Test possibilities for SHIRARBair. (Short-Hopped Instant Reverse Aerial Rushed Back Air)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sounds pretty cool. Usually I find N-air and U-air to be more useful for edgeguarding (better angle on knockback, more interesting hitbox uses) but always nice to have more options.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I have one downside to this. It isn't unique to Mario. It's a perk to using B-sticking/Wavebounce style. If you run to the edge of any platform, and press the C-stick the opposite direction your character is running, they'll instantly backflip allow for instant RAR Bairs.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
hahaha^^ wow this is fun x'DD
lol i try to apply it in my gameplay for some surprise attack^^

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Further studies and testing reveals that poor ol' Ganondorf and Captain Falcon can't initiate the newly dubbed Flash RAR. Their SideBs can't be Wavebounced/B-sticking, resulting in the exclusion of the two.

Experiment and see what works for you.

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
Further studies and testing reveals that poor ol' Ganondorf and Captain Falcon can't initiate the newly dubbed Flash RAR. Their SideBs can't be Wavebounced/B-sticking, resulting in the exclusion of the two.

Experiment and see what works for you.
I love how you say "Further studies" I picture you in a white coat doing some science experiments:)

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Indianapolis Indiana? Come to ISA, a tournament there next weekend. But yeah, I'm not changing to B stick. Hate it.
I'm already ahead of you, man. I live only 20 minutes away from the tournament location, so I'm sure to be there. I might be bringing a set up.

Even if you hate B-sticking, you should test it out, and get a feel for it, so that you can learn to be versatile. It'll dramatically improve your aerial game, on the edge if you can master it.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'm already ahead of you, man. I live only 20 minutes away from the tournament location, so I'm sure to be there. I might be bringing a set up.
I live two hours away, so much driving! But I gotta play in the home state, can't let Ohio take this.

Also I might test it out... after I decide to stop taking a break from brawl.

Umby

Smash Master
Not trying to bash or anything, but this sounds like an old AT. They discovered that you could use b-sticking to RAR faster a while ago. If it's something different, a vid would really help. Otherwise, it looks like this has been known for a while.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
lol i'll go to a regional tourney next week^^
won't be big so i am pretty confident of winnig this
wish me luck guys^^

ahh and good luck at xero and sacred

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Hmm interesting. I don't know if this has been known either or not. There's just so many little tricks and variations that it's hard to keep track of XD.

Top Bottom