• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Assist Trophy, Poké Ball, Enemy and Boss ideas discussion

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Pokeball:
mimikyu= wanders the stage randomly and has its own health bar if it reaches zero it'll shed its skin and everyone on the field besides who summons it is overcome by extreme terror and receives 30% and is sent flying.
Hawlucha= Pretty much flying man
Comfee= grassy terrain, it makes a patch of grass that slowly heals everyone that's on it.
Metapod= harden, has super armor but can be picked up and thrown by anyone
Decidueye= spirit shackle, randomly chooses an opponent and pins them to the ground

Assist Trophy:
Tabuu= randomly does one of the moves he did in brawl
Face raiders= helicopter mii heads fly around the stage and damages anything they touch
Dr eggman= the first boss from sonic 2 boss battle, the car and drill.
Deku link= walks around and shoots deku seeds
slime= (from dragon quest) the first one stays in the same spot but several other slimes start showing up out of nowhere and move towards the first slime (creating minor damage to any enemy that touches them). After wards they make a king slime and does one big hop on the ground, that not only hurts who it hits but everyone that's touching the ground, with a chance of KO if damage is high enough.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Pokeball: Hitmonchan pops out and sends out a fire punch, thunder punch, and ice punch in three directions.

Assist trophy: Harry from Teleroboxer
Eliwood from Fire Emblem

Stage bosses: Dodongo
Kraid where you actually have to do some damage.

D

Deleted member

Prince Peasley
(Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga)

Once summoned, he starts by flashing the whole stage with his fabulous hair, before rushing to the nearest enemy and darting them with several strokes and finishing them with a big slash.

It's an idea I had since the Brawl days, and it's a good opportunity to get it out from my brain's drawers on the occasion of Superstar Saga's remake.~

D

Deleted member

Smoky Progg
(Pikmin)

Much like in the first Pikmin, he would be a very rare enemy to be encountered in Smash Run, if not the rarest.

You have to find its egg on the map first, and to cause it enough damage to hatch it and make the Smoky Progg appear.

It's very slow but very resistant with lots of HP, and lets behind it poison fumes which cause an insane lot of damages and could even cause insta-KO occasionally.

Once defeated however, it lets a huge lot of upgrades, to the point they could fill up all your stats.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Qbby (BOXBOY!)

Once summoned, he throws Tetris-shaped blocks at your opponents. The blocks move slowly but do some damage if they hit. When he creates a new one, the old block disappears.

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
Qbby (BOXBOY!)

Once summoned, he throws Tetris-shaped blocks at your opponents. The blocks move slowly but do some damage if they hit. When he creates a new one, the old block disappears.
Did you get Boxboy? How is it?

I've grown fairly keen on the Mini Mario and Friends designs. Perhaps they could function similarly to the Infantry & Tanks Assist Trophy

UrbanChampionRising

Smash Cadet
Here are a few initial ideas for Assist Trophies I have.

Urban Champion
Urban Champion (in 8-bit sprite form) stands in place, moving a little as he throws punches. If a punch connects, then the fighter will be knocked back hard.

Viruses (Dr. Mario)
The trio of iconic viruses run around the stage. If a player gets hit, there's a chance that they might be frozen (Chill), caught in an explosion (Fever), or find damaging flower sprout on their head (Weird).

Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Dr. Eggman flies around the stage in his ship from the Green Hill Zone boss battle, swinging a damaging wrecking ball around as he does so.

Jimmy T. (WarioWare, Inc.)
Jimmy T. starts dancing, and any players next to him are stunned in place as he busts a move.

9-Volt (WarioWare, Inc.)
9-Volt sits back as he starts up a Game Boy, playing it as a random 8-bit NES character appears to cause some chaos.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Oceana (Endless Ocean)

She summons aquatic creatures like seals and dolphins to jump out from behind the stage and attack players. There is a 1-in-15 chance she may summon a shark, that deals extreme damage and knockback.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Did you get Boxboy? How is it?
Yes, it's fun. A lot of variety between the worlds. For example, one world is all about using sticky spots to get from one side to the other while another requires you to find a way to protect yourself against and to get past electricity, making some worlds pretty easy, but with others I'm struggling to even beat the level. It also has a little story, but that can be easily missed if you don't happen to pay attention at the right time.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Yeah, the series has seven (!) installments by now. I think it's due for at least some form of representation.
*cough*playablePauline*cough*
But seriously, they could make an entire stage for these cute little figures at this point. They could even recreate classic Mario situations in the stage with the minis like Mini-DK throwing barrels down slopes or Mini-Bowser shooting fireballs horizontally.

UrbanChampionRising

Smash Cadet
Here are a few more Assist Trophy ideas.

Cooking Mama

Cooking Mama gets to work at a cooking table that appears with her. After a while of slicing and boiling, she serves up a hefty amount of healing food, open for everyone to grab.

Angry Sun (Super Mario Bros. 3)

Angry Sun appears up above, hovering a bit before targeting a player and swooping down for a passing strike. He'll repeat this pattern a few times, dealing a smashing attack if he collides with a player.

Adeleine (Kirby)

Adeleine appears next to her canvas and starts painting images that leap off the frame. Apples can be picked up to heal, Waddle Dees will walk and do a little damage, and Gordos will bounce to do greater damage.

Rawk Hawk (Paper Mario: the Thousand-Year Door)

Rawk Hawk appears with an appeal to the crowd, before launching into a series of attacks. He'll perform a jumping flip, a sliding kick, and finishes things off with a flying elbow strike. He'll do one last appeal before he disappears.

Flurrie (Paper Mario: the Thousand-Year Door)

Flurrie gives a wink before she lets loose with her Gale Force, blowing a gust of wind that can push players off the stage.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Right... since I do believe no one beat me to it I'm just going to suggest Rayquaza as a new Pokèball. It is a Legendary Pokèmon, so it'll be rare. Now...some possible attacks are:
  • It flies across the stage similar to :4charizard:'s Dragon Rush but it does a powerful hit. It'll do this three times before leaving.
  • Spins around in the air, doing continuous electricity damage. Pretty similar to Weezing in that it traps foes for extreme damage. I remember a few times I played Melee and had :foxmelee: trapped in that attack for 300% or so.
  • Shoots a ball of electricity three times slowly. It's pretty large and cannot be reflected/absorbed. Damage/knockback is similar to Genesect's Techno Blast.

As for Assist Trophies:
  • Spike Tops - Six Spike Tops chase down enemies but unlike the Spinies, they can't fall off the stage but they crawl the contours of the stage. Contact inflicts 10% damage and enemies are knocked back far in the direction its spike was pointing, similar to those spike-studded walls/ceilings in :ganondorfmelee:'s Target Test. The Spike Tops stay on screen for 15 seconds.
  • Magikoopa - He casts a spell on opponents that halves their launch power for 15 seconds. Even rarer, he'll drop 10 Bob-ombs from the sky, so all players have to tread cautiously.

Last edited:

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Bald Bull would be a good choice for a assist trophy.

Maybe do something with his bull charge, and any unfortunate soul who runs into Bald Bull is met with a great ton of knockback and percentage.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Here is one of my assist trophy ideas

Slippy Toad from Star Fox Zero, he pops out and uses his robots from Star Fox Guard they fire in all directions hitting everyone.

UrbanChampionRising

Smash Cadet
Here are a few more assist trophy ideas. How does Fuzzy sound? Is it an alright idea for an assist trophy, or should it be more of a singular stage hazard?

Agahnim (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)

Agahnim (in 16-bit form) appears, then begins teleporting around the stage. He'll fire off magic blasts as he does so, which can deal damage to the players. However, these magic blasts can be knocked back if they're struck at the right moment.

Bugzzy (Kirby)

Bugzzy will charge forward a few times, seeking out any opponents. If you get caught in his path, he'll perform a smashing suplex.

Fuzzy (Yoshi's Island)

Four or five fuzzies will appear, slowly drifting through the stage. If even one of them comes into contact with a player, the whole horde will disappear as the screen distorts for a temporary disorienting effect.

D

Deleted member

Warrior Ing
(Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)

These fairly common enemies are also able to move in a liquid form which can still receive damages.

They use their claws for melee attacks and also occasionaly use transdimensional beams as projectiles.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
If bosses come back I want them to have interesting gameplay this time around. I don't just want them to be Kirby-style damage sponges.

Defeating the bosses should be layered and interesting, and they should respond to your attacks. You could do something to lure them into a trap, or bait an attack and then damage them in an exposed weak point. As Donkey Kong, you could be tasked with carrying the opponent over to a hazard (like spikes or lava or something) and throwing the boss into it to damage them.

I don't want the bosses to just be "hit them until they die". That's really uninteresting.

Petey Pirahna could have something where you throw a bomb into his mouth and then beat the crap out of him while he's stunned. Rayquaza could have a charging attack that you bait out and then drop a boulder on his head to damage him (since he's weak to rock-type damage). Things like that could make the boss encounters more exciting. Heck, even little things like being able to grab them and do lots of damage with a grab.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Crazee Dayzee and Amazy Dayzee
(Mario and Yoshi series)

Crazee Dayzees are weak and common enemies which can put the player asleep by singing a lullaby which also cause moderate knockback-less damage and occasionally flee.

Amazy Dayzees (the golden ones) work the same, except they are much rarer and deal HUGE knockback-less damage with their lullaby, and also give player loads of bonuses once defeated, akin to their appearances in the Paper Mario series.

Last edited by a moderator:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

As the player activates the Assist Trophy, the classic chiptune whistle plays, and Proto Man teleports onto the stage. Much like his appearance as a boss in Mega Man 3, Proto Man proceeds to jump back and forth around the stage and rapid-fire small energy pellets that deal 2-3% each. However, Proto Man is no one-trick pony. His shield allows him to not only block most physical projectiles (such as Link's arrows or Samus' missiles), but reflect energy projectiles as well (such as Mario's fireball, Pikachu's Thunder Jolt or Fox's blaster). This makes it extremely difficult to attack him, making your best bet to attack from behind. A few good hits should force him to retreat and teleport away.

Sheldon, the weaponsmith and owner of Ammo Knights, appears on the stage, salutes his summoner, and begins fiddling within a cloud of dust, with nuts and bolts rapidly flying out of it. Soon after, the dust clears and Sheldon reveals himself and poses (like above), equipped with one of the Special Weapons from the Splatoon series -
  • Ink Storm (Splatoon 2) - Sheldon throws the Ink Storm above him, creating a massive cloud that rains ink onto the stage below. With this huge AoE attack, opponents within the storm take chip damage for a short period of time, much like Palutena's Heavenly Light.
  • Bubble Blower (Splatoon 2) - Sheldon waves this massive bubble wand, creating a bubble of ink on each side of him. Attacking the bubble with enough damage will cause it to pop, launching foes within the radius. However, these bubbles don't last long, and will eventually pop on their own, damaging everyone near it.
  • Inkzooka (Splatoon) - Sheldon, armed with this massive bazooka, fires three cyclones of ink forward. These whirling shots deal multiple hits and carry the opponent with them a short distance.
  • Killer Wail (Splatoon) - Sheldon aims at a nearby fighter, and activates the Killer Wail. This massive sonic blast will deal one massive hit to all in it's path, making it quite possibly one of the earliest kills in the game. Unfortunately, it's a rather narrow blast, and is choreographed well enough for foes to be able to evade quickly. But when you catch someone off guard... WHAM!
  • Bomb Rush (Splatoon / Splatoon 2) - Sheldon throws three Burst Bombs (one on each side, and one above him) that, upon contact, explode in a burst of ink! These aren't as powerful as the other attacks, but still provide another distraction!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It has been quite a while since this thread has seen any activity, but I'll just input some new assist trophy ideas.

Revali: When released from an assist trophy, Revali executes Revali's Gale, creating a powerful gust of wind that can blow fighters off the battlefield. It is most effective against aerial targets, but doesn't deal damage or cause flinching.

Mipha: When released from an assist trophy, Mipha will watch over the player who released her. If that specific fighter gets hit by an attack that can potentially cause him/her to get KO'd, Mipha will use Mipha's Grace to completely negate the knockback, and fully heal the fighter as well.

Daruk: When released from an assist trophy, Daruk will create a barrier around the player who summoned him, thanks to Daruk's Protection. The barrier completely negates all damage taken, but it will break after taking 50% damage.

Urbosa: When released from an assist trophy, Urbosa will utilize Urbosa's Fury, creating a powerful blast of electricity that has a paralyzing effect on any opposing fighters who are caught in the crossfire. The attack is also unblockable.

D

Deleted member

As I was playing Mario Party 3's duel mode tonight, it gave some ideas:

• Thwomp - It will suspend itself in the air, home in on enemies and crush them. This attack is repeated four times before leaving. Damage/knockback is similar to Porygon2.
  • Whomp - It walks around the stage acting as a wall, similar to Helirin. He may sometimes trip and fall, damaging any opponents under him. This attack will bury grounded opponents but will inflict heavy knockback on airborne enemies.
  • Mr. Blizzard - Tosses large snowballs on the stage, freezing opponents that are hit by them.
  • Snifit - Similar to Infantry & Tanks, three Snifits will appear and shoot black orbs at enemies. These projectiles cannot be reflected/absorbed and inflict 18% electrical damage. The Snifits can also jump as well.
  • Toad - He has two attacks that appear randomly: he can either move and attack with the squeaky hammer he used in Mario Party 3 (similar to Samurai Goroh but slightly weaker) or make the summoner immune to damage until he leaves.
  • Piranha Plant - Similar to Chain Chomp except it never falls off the stage, and standing on top of or next to its pipe will not make it stay inside. It can sometimes shoot fireballs.
  • Boo - Several Boos fly around the stage attempting to catch an opponent. If they do, they will attempt to carry them beyond the upper blast zone. Opponents can break free by button mashing though if they have 50% or above, there is no hope for escape.

Those are some of my Assist Trophy ideas, and with that...

Sayonara :kirby:

SoaPuffball

Smash Cadet
719 Diancie
- Diamond Storm

720 Hoopa
- Hyperspace Hole’s 2 Pokémon

754 Lurantis
- Solar Blade, Totem Lurantis’s trademark move

758 Salazzle
-
Corrosion

773 Silvally
- Always uses Multiattack but will have different effects on whatever type Silvally is (either Normal, Grass, Fire, Water, Fighting, Electric, Psychic or Fairy)

804 Nagandel
- Dragon Pulse

D

Deleted member

Poke balls:
Any Gen 7 Pokemon that people suggest for Smash that isn't Decidueye because it should be playable.
Except for the UBs, they can be stage hazards.
Don't care for anything else tbh

D

Deleted member

Poppi α
(Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

She would be the 2.0 version of Jill, except she can be able to fly.

Also because she's the best Xenoblade character.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I cannot think of much on top of my head, but here are a few ideas.

For Assist Trophies, I would consider FF summons that aren't in their FF7 desgins.

For Pokéball summons, I would like Beedrill's return with the Mega Form and Volcanion.

That's all I got for now.

D

Deleted member

Ardainian Soldiers
(Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

They would DON'T FORGET ME be among the most common and weakest THINK YA CAN TAKE MEEEE? enemies, using nothing more than their riffles to attack the player. They YER DUN? would have the advantage to be numerous however.

In loving memory of their one-lines,
12.01.2017 - 01.19.2018

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Pokeballs-

Salazzle, probably. And she randomly chooses to lob poison far away or use fire up close. It would be an interesting mechanic.
Primarina. It runs out and sings about the ocean's gray waves, or something. It'd be fun.

Assist Trophy-

Chibi Robo. He comes out and then praises the sun

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Bossfight: Clown Car, Egg Mobile, Wily Capsule Triple Threat

The battle has 4 phases.

Phase 1-Bowser/Clown Car
This one's mostly a larger version of Bowser Jr. but with a health bar.
Phase 2- Egg Double Driller
Eggman pilots a bigger version of his 1st vehicle from STH2, now with 2 drills.
Phase 3-Wily Machine
Dr. Wily pilots an altered version of the Wily Machine from the arcade game Megaman The Power Battles. The most notable alterations being that this version has arms instead of floating hands & a flatter bottomside.
Phase 4-THEY COMBINE INTO A MECHA!
Egg Double Driller splits into 2 legs & a lower torso, the Wily Machine sits on top of that as the upper torso & arms. The Clown Car sits on top of Willy Machine as the head & as an extra touch the opper half of Wily's capsule nests itself on the Clown Car to fully enclose it.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Which assist trophy and/or Pokemon would be most suitable to switching characters (but keeping their original percentages) in a match?

So, if I was a Bowser at 70% and you were a Peach at 30%, you get a Bowser at 30% and I get a Peach at 70%.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I really want to see Queen Sectonia as a boss or assist trophy. Give her that awesome laugh of hers and that teleporting attack she has.

And include all her themes while we're at it.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I'd still like to see an Assist Trophy based of Space Fever, it'd probably be the closest we'd get to a Space Invaders appearence in Smash

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Which assist trophy and/or Pokemon would be most suitable to switching characters (but keeping their original percentages) in a match?

So, if I was a Bowser at 70% and you were a Peach at 30%, you get a Bowser at 30% and I get a Peach at 70%.
Maybe a Pokémon with Trick Room.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Assist Trophy: Giygas

Takes over the background, music and attacks with shockwaves. A caption will even appear on top saying "You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack."

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
id love to see zeke from xenoblade 2 as an assist, perform his "eye of shining justice" and then rather than disappear from the stage fall off it in reference to his bad luck

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Gotta say, the idea of Trace being summoned to snipe some fools sounds awesome. What if an enemy gets near his unseen hiding spot? Maybe he suddenly decloaks and lunges in his Triskelion form? JUMPSCARES IN SMASH BROS. lol Glory to the Kriken Empire.

On the subject of Metroid, maybe the cyborg Space Pirate general: Weavel

I imagine Weavel would be one of those roaming type assists. The Pirate general could run around the stage, peppering foes with his Battlehammer at a distance, hacking and slashing with his energy scythe when close, and occasionally splitting into his half-turret mode so that he can both shoot and slash at the same time. The now stationary legs attack with the Battlehammer turret, while the torso runs around and slashes. This would allow him to attack multiple opponents easier.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
now that the inklings are in smash i hope (if smash run returns) we get some octarian and salmonid enemies, octo troopers moving around shoot ink at you and chums moving towards to hit you with their pans, the chums would be well suited to that one where theres a lot of one type of enemy like with bullet bill

Top Bottom