• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Assist Trophy, Poké Ball, Enemy and Boss ideas discussion

Luminario

Smash Lord
I think Dark Pit SHOULD be an Assist trophy. He's a clone, he's already pretty likely to get cut from the game, and to add onto that I wouldn't be surprised if he were one and done like Pichu is so far, so what better thing to do than demote him to an Assist Trophy? You know what I'm saying?
There's no need to kill him off completely, the 3 clones are likely going to be planned as alts unless theres enough time to make them clones at the end of the next smash too.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think Dark Pit SHOULD be an Assist trophy. He's a clone, he's already pretty likely to get cut from the game, and to add onto that I wouldn't be surprised if he were one and done like Pichu is so far, so what better thing to do than demote him to an Assist Trophy? You know what I'm saying?
It's a free character. No reason why they wont have time to keep him even as alt.

Making him an AT would anger fans and would defo take more time...

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Yeah, after the controversy surrounding Other M I have the feeling that if Adam were an Assist Trophy, many Smash players would want the option to beat that AT up.
Je ne comprends pas.

First of all, Adam is one of the most important people in Samus' life. She looks up to him as a father figure since she was so young when Ridley killed her parents in cold blood. You can tell that Adam cared for her because he didn't just fire her on the spot for being a female trooper, AND he sacrificed himself so Samus could survive to escape Sector Zero.

How the mother****ing **** would you want to beat up Adam Malkovich's Assist trophy after all that? It makes no sense.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Because he is one of the most hated characters in Other M for being a terrible character that makes no sense in the context of and helped ruin Samus's character
Again, Je ne comprends pas.

I've 100% completed Other M, and I never noticed such thing about him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of clowns...

Glass Joe

Glass Joe is a very weak Assist Trophy, with a lot of his punches dealing only minor damage (often no more than 3% damage per punch) at best, and are quite feeble at KOing players. In fact, players can actually attack Glass Joe, and when damaged enough, he'll fall down, damaging those who are caught in the crossfire of his collapse.

Sadly, Glass Joe doesn't really help the player who released him, as it's only the opposing players who can damage him.

D

Deleted member

A reminder you can also speak of boss ideas as well, as I've stated in my OP.
I rename the thread in order to make it more clear, I didn't at first since Brawl's and Smash 4's "Enemies" category of trophies regroup all of them and it sounded clear. Oh well.

Anymays, as a boss idea:

Thanatos
(from the Kid Icarus series)

Rather than Medusa or Hades, I believe Thanatos is a more suited character from Kid Icarus to fill the role of a Smash Boss, he even had an OAV dedicated to him after all.
His battle would very much be inspired of the one from Uprising: he can warp around the stage and, above all, transform into various creatures, such as his signature snake form, but also as a bat, a nesting doll, an urn, a foot and a sword.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If stage bosses can be brought up, I may as well mention one right now. It is a spoiler, however, so do not click on the spoiler tag below if you don't want to see it yet.

Calamity Ganon

Calamity Ganon serves as the stage boss for Ruined Hyrule Castle. He is a powerful entity who utilizes not just ancient weaponry, but also powers from his Blight Ganon creations.

Players can attack Calamity Ganon, but because he's impervious to flinching, they need to watch out for his close range attacks, which are strong in the knockback department.

Now, much like with Ridley, Calamity Ganon can actually be made to fight for the player who damages him enough. When that happens, he'll activate a shield that prevents the other players from damaging him for at least 30 seconds.

As Calamity Ganon takes damage, he'll start to move faster and implement new attacks.

In a timed match, the player who defeats Calamity Ganon will receive 1 KO point. In a stock match, however, the player who defeats Calamity Ganon will receive an extra life, but the player can't have more lives than what he/she began with; if the player starts with 3 lives, he/she can't have more than 3.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
T-Rex

Uses Frightful Assault, hitting three times. The first time is a bite. The second whip is a longer ranged tail whip that turns T-Rex around. The last hit is a stream of fire breath with the longest range.
Spinax

Uses Cyclone multiple times, breathing streams of wind through the air, and sometimes turning around first.
Elasmo

Uses Elasmo Combo, hitting twice. The first time is a head tackle, and the second time is a spin. The spin has a 50% chance to enrage the opponent, decreasing the range of their attacks, but making them stronger.
Megalo

Uses Null Breath, breathing a large cloud of gas. Opponents who touch the gas are scared, having a random two of their special moves disabled.
Balrog

Uses Turn Punch. He first faces an opponent, then turns around, charges, and faces the opponent again with a ranged punch. He'll do this entire process three times.
Black Mage

Uses Firaga to throw a flaming uppercut, then Thundaga for a rising thunderbolt behind him, then Blizzaga for a blast of chilly air under him that freezes.
Smeargle

Move: Sketch
Copies the last used special move of the nearest opponent. It then uses the move.
Ludicolo

Move: Leech Seed
Throws a seed at an opponent. If it reaches them, it wraps around them. It gradually gives their health to the summoner.
Dusknoir

Move: Trick Room
Creates a large room that goes around the main platform of the stage. Of the people in it, the slowest moves as fast as the fastest, and vise versa, the second slowest move as fast as the second fastest, and vise versa, and so on. Nothing happens to anyone who has the middle speed.
Vespiquen

Move: Defend Order
A shield of seven Combee appears in front of the summoner, blocking all incoming attacks.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
T-Rex

Uses Frightful Assault, hitting three times. The first time is a bite. The second whip is a longer ranged tail whip that turns T-Rex around. The last hit is a stream of fire breath with the longest range.
Spinax

Uses Cyclone multiple times, breathing streams of wind through the air, and sometimes turning around first.
Elasmo

Uses Elasmo Combo, hitting twice. The first time is a head tackle, and the second time is a spin. The spin has a 50% chance to enrage the opponent, decreasing the range of their attacks, but making them stronger.
Megalo

Uses Null Breath, breathing a large cloud of gas. Opponents who touch the gas are scared, having a random two of their special moves disabled.
Balrog

Uses Turn Punch. He first faces an opponent, then turns around, charges, and faces the opponent again with a ranged punch. He'll do this entire process three times.
Black Mage

Uses Firaga to throw a flaming uppercut, then Thundaga for a rising thunderbolt behind him, then Blizzaga for a blast of chilly air under him that freezes.
Pardon my french, but where are all of these from?

PF9

Smash Lord
They should keep Arceus as a Poke Ball summon, but in the English version, have him voiced by Misha Collins who would say "bow before me" in his Castiel voice (connecting the fact that Arceus is Pokemon's God, and Castiel is an Angel who himself was God on SPN once)

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
They should keep Arceus as a Poke Ball summon, but in the English version, have him voiced by Misha Collins who would say "bow before me" in his Castiel voice (connecting the fact that Arceus is Pokemon's God, and Castiel is an Angel who himself was God on SPN once)
wat

Why would they ever do that? How does that even relate to Pokemon or Smash? Is this an inside joke I'm too new to get, or a late April Fools post?

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
You know, Kirby's animal friends from Kirby's Dream Land 2 and 3 would make good Assist Trophies. They'd probably would have a copy ability and attach themselves to you for a short while.

D

Deleted member

To the players familiar with Street Fighter, which characters, or any other elements, from the franchise would work as Smash enemies?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
To the players familiar with Street Fighter, which characters, or any other elements, from the franchise would as Smash enemies?
Multiple Twelve units could work as enemies, as could the generic Shadaloo soldiers from SFV.

M. Bison, Vega, Balrog, Akuma and Urien could all make for good boss characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They seem to keep adding Retro characters as AT's too.

So my pick is Mach Rider.
And that's why I'm always thankful Sakurai didn't make Duck Hunt Dog an Assist Trophy like his detractors always suggested. :4duckhunt:

I think Kracko from Kirby could work as an AT or a stage boss. He could swoop around the stage, and attack with lightning, rain, and beams, just like in Kirby games.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
A Pokemon assist trophy where Guzma and two of his grunts appear and start rap-stomping their way across the battlefield.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
If they bring bosses back I really hope they're not stupid Kirby-style damage sponges from before where you just strike them anywhere and they don't flinch from your attacks.

I like the idea of opening up weakspots or hitting them at a certain time to stun them and then attacking them for major damage, or doing something fun like activating a trap on a stage to hurt them.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
If they bring bosses back I really hope they're not stupid Kirby-style damage sponges from before where you just strike them anywhere and they don't flinch from your attacks.

I like the idea of opening up weakspots or hitting them at a certain time to stun them and then attacking them for major damage, or doing something fun like activating a trap on a stage to hurt them.
I think there's room for both, though I do generally agree that more variety in how bosses are fought is definitely something to consider if we ever get them back. I think most bosses should have stuff like in your ideas, while the damage sponges/no-flinchers should be reserved for stuff like secret, extra hard bosses. If they do take something else from Kirby, I wouldn't mind an Arena/True Arena style of mode where you take on challenges that combine battles against enemies, fighters, and bosses.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
You know, Mike Anderson from Battle Clash would make a good Assist Trophy as he would shoot your opponents. (If not him, I would support Eddie, Tasha, and Antonov being the AT.)

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Oh man. Battle Clash and Metal Combat. Yeah, those games definitely need some representation.

I think it should be a rare assist trophy. Falcon comes out, all gigantic, and then he picks up your character. Then the entire screen becomes the first-person HUD from Metal Combat and you control the targeting reticle. You can rapid fire at enemies or charge up a massive deadly KO blast. That'd be wicked cool.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Oh man. Battle Clash and Metal Combat. Yeah, those games definitely need some representation.

I think it should be a rare assist trophy. Falcon comes out, all gigantic, and then he picks up your character. Then the entire screen becomes the first-person HUD from Metal Combat and you control the targeting reticle. You can rapid fire at enemies or charge up a massive deadly KO blast. That'd be wicked cool.
I watched some videos and wanted to play the games but they're not even on the Virtual Console. Your description of what he would do as an Assist Trophy is exactly how I imagined it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I do know that the Lynel are resilient to most attacks, but aiming an arrow at their face can stun them for a while. Perhaps the same mechanic could be utilized for the stage bosses in that they won't normally flinch from your attacks, "unless" you happen to damage their weak spot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pretty much. Now I do remember being pissed at the Gogoat reveal during Smash 4's speculation days. Because Rambi should've done just that.
I mean, it made sense for Gogoat to do that too. It was one of the more promoted XY Pokémon, and a big part of its appeal was that you could ride it around Lumiose City.

Plus it's not like Poké Balls and Assist Trophies can't overlap. Kat and Ana do basically the same thing as Latios and Latias.

D

Deleted member

Funny I suggested this idea less than a month ago, right?
Rambi
(Donkey Kong Country series)

A simple one: once summoned, Rambi acts much like Gogoat, as to know he runs towards his summoners' opponents causing massive damages to them. In comparison though, he runs faster but jumps less high. Any player can stand on his back too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I mean, it made sense for Gogoat to do that too. It was one of the more promoted XY Pokémon, and a big part of its appeal was that you could ride it around Lumiose City.

Plus it's not like Poké Balls and Assist Trophies can't overlap. Kat and Ana do basically the same thing as Latios and Latias.
That's true, but that just goes to show how much attention they are paying to the different franchises. I mean, there's almost 1000 Pokemon to choose from, but only a handful of truely important DKC characters, Rambi being one of them. We can all argue that there's no new DKC character cause the roster was decided upon in 2012, but DKC Returns also had Rambi, so that's really no excuse.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
That's true, but that just goes to show how much attention they are paying to the different franchises. I mean, there's almost 1000 Pokemon to choose from, but only a handful of truely important DKC characters, Rambi being one of them. We can all argue that there's no new DKC character cause the roster was decided upon in 2012, but DKC Returns also had Rambi, so that's really no excuse.
Other AT's took priority/were easier if were in Brawl. That is all.
And time. If more time they could have added so much more, obvi.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh don't get me wrong, Rambi was (and still is) one of my most wanted Assist Trophies. I love Rambi. Hell, I wouldn't even mind playable Rambi, though that'd never happen. I'm just saying that Rambi and Gogoat aren't mutually exclusive, and a lack of a Gogoat summon would have made the Poké Ball roster feel lacking because it was just that promoted for X and Y.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What really felt weird was knowing that only Kyogre returned as a Poke Ball Pokemon, while Groudon was demoted to a mere trophy cameo in Smash Wii U. And to add to the irony, OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire were both referenced on their trophies.

D

Deleted member

What really felt weird was knowing that only Kyogre returned as a Poke Ball Pokemon, while Groudon was demoted to a mere trophy cameo in Smash Wii U. And to add to the irony, OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire were both referenced on their trophies.
Probably because it would have looked really awkward on the 3DS with 30 fps animations.

Top Bottom