• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Advanced Technique, WaveMagnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wh!teZer0

Smash Rookie
So I was playing around with Lucas in Training mode, and I discovered something peculiar. I short hopped forward and used his Down B quickly, which led me to discover something my friend Boo named “WaveMagnet”.

WaveMagneting is a little difficult to explain, so here is a video of my performing some WaveMagneting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvhUa07HF7I

You can tell that it’s a useful technique just by looking. WaveMagneting can move you forward while protecting you from projectiles, lead into insane combos, counter edgeguarders, and all around destroy your opponent. It also has the nice ability to absorb Ness’s and Lucas’s Up Bs, which can kill at very low percentages.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
First off, as this relates to a specific character, it belongs in a character-specific forum. Second, even upon realizing that and making your way to the Lucas forums, you should still not have posted, as some brief examination will reveal a wide-spread knowledge of this quirk, already.

I'm not attacking you, but please think before you post. Does this belong here? Is this really new and worth creating a new thread for? All forums are cluttered by repeated threads, and it would be great if you could make an effort to reduce unnecessary new threads in the future.

It's great that you're learning new things for yourself and are eager to share them with the community. That's the right attitude, definitely. But you need to realize that we get dozens of new threads daily about "new" techniques that there's already lively ongoing discussion about. A little searching before you post does a lot to reduce unneeded threads.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not a wavedash or a wave-technique just because you slide forward while doing it. Beause a whole slew of techniques can be used in that way now because of a new glitchy engine.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
This is the oldest news on the Lucas boards and it's not that great of a move, but can be useful. I think we have at least 4 threads on it guys, so please use the search function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom