• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Advanced Technique for Toon Link

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link must have the worst gliding toss in the game. He barely goes anywhere. Frustrated, I looked for an alternative, and I found that you can cancel a jump with a throw, and thus, do a jump-canceled throw. What does this mean? Well look at the video I created and see the advantages. Works great with a dash-dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvkK5af9Iro

EDIT:
Tsen already found this technique. It was a self-find for me, and I believe my video gives a clean look at it, so I will not ask a Mod to close this. Instead, this thread will be used to discuss possible combos/cool stuff available with this.

Double EDIT: This has great combo potential, so I made a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1QGGqGllQY

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
This has actually been posted before, but it's hard to find.

Nice catch though.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
This has actually been posted before, but it's hard to find.

Nice catch though.
Yea, I posted it before in the advanced techniques thread. It went completely unnoticed, so I thought I'd bring it here. But I DO LOVE IT!

Oh, and its good when u do, an empty shorthop to dash, the insta-one? Well u can jump-cancel throw there to.

Stash23

Smash Rookie
...Explain to me how to pull of this technique...? Cause like, I'm trying, but I'm not entirely sure how to execute it.

Robiin

Smash Cadet
...Explain to me how to pull of this technique...? Cause like, I'm trying, but I'm not entirely sure how to execute it.
Ever done a jump-canceled grab in brawl? This is like a jump-canceled throw, which will make you slide a bit.. Dash and then press the jump button, but exactly as you do that (or a tiny bit afterwards), throw the bomb.. I use the C-stick to throw, then you can throw both Up and to the sides with ease ^^

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
This seems like it will be useful, considering that the only other way for TL to make his bombs useful is to jump and throw. Also an excellent way to approach.

I'd say nice find, but since you didn't find it, I'll just say thanks for bringing it to the Toon Link board.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
THats awesome. I've been looking for one like this. Using the z button to throw bombs works perfectly with this method.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
To my knowledge, doing Glide-Tosses with T. Link is impossible (roll with a throw in the middle.) But yes, this is a good technique that has been covered elseware.

MajiNfraze

Smash Apprentice
I like it. The reverse one could be used to catch an approaching Ike, then fsmash, or sh 'rang, or RAR bair.

Looks neato torpedo.

blln4lyf

Smash Rookie
Can't you just do the same exact thing out of a shield or am i missing something?

headbandjigg

Smash Rookie
very nice
just like jumpcancelled grabs
if you're having trouble with this, try using Z to throw instead of cstick or a or w/e
i also use y for the jumpcancel part but most people probably use up on control stick

darkshy

Smash Ace
Nice find. I see a few possiblities with it. For instance, againsr a shielding opponent, you could

JC throw< grab< d-throw < bair

if you can get close enough.

If the bomb connects you could maybe even

JC throw< arrow< grab< etc.

It's a good technique.

Top Bottom