• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Advanced Tech Side-B Aerial Release Slide

TheBardlyBard

Smash Cadet
Shown at the very beginning is an advanced technique with yoshi i call the Side-B Arial Release Slide. This is simply a way of releasing out of Yoshis side b without stopping. By short hopping (or hopping in general while using side b) and releasing the move mid air, the momentum gained by yoshis side b will transfer onto yoshi himself and will send hin foward being unable to change direction for the duration of the move's ending lag. When released while shorthopping the egg, yoshi being close to the ground will slide on the ground after release for the duration of the ending lag, officially landing once the ending lag is finished. This is useful for not getting punished for using this move as you will not actually stop once you release the side-b.

Discovered by my friend Beatnes! All credit goes to him

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Nice observation. Anything to minimize the downsides to a potentially bad move. Actually, this is kinda neat.

Does it matter when in the hop you release, or is anytime good?

Unicorn Choke-Slam

Smash Rookie
NNID
Beatnes
Hello, i am actually the person to whom My friend THeBardlyBard credited for this advanced technique. The execution is very simple: shorthop and immediately release the move by pressing B or side B whilst in the air. note that it HAS TO BE DONE while in the air, otherwise there will be no slide. Simply releasing the move in the air helps too. But this move is a Get-away tool to avoid getting punished for using the move due to the fact that the move itself has lots of ending lag. Note, don't use it right after hitting an opponent because the momentum will be attenuated if you hit the opponent. Slide releasing after hitting an opponent will result in a lesser slide that puts you in range for them to smash attack you or something like that. you dont have to shot hop; you cna just release in the air to slide and get away, btu shorthopping then releasing looks cooler and makes for a seamless landing after using the move

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
How does he get stuck at the edge like that?
He uses the move and doesn't input any direction, we no longer go off platforms/Ledges with eggroll as long as we don't flick the control stick. We can still jump of course which is how he goes platform to platform.

YellowRello

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YellowRello
3DS FC
4141-4335-8308
its really easy to use, didnt think it would be technical. you just jump as soon as you input egg lay then cancel your egg lay. pretty simple. yeah its pretty nice to cancel it then egg toss back at the opponent for a easy follow up.

Unicorn Choke-Slam

Smash Rookie
NNID
Beatnes
it is considered an advanced technique because it is an effect of the interactions of game mechanics which results in a result tha tisn't obvious, but isn't a result so unexpected as to be a glitch or a complete corner-case of the game's physics engine.

It doesn't have to be super hard to pull off to be an AT.

Last edited:

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
I knew about this one a while back because eggroll is forever my pet move lol. Never got the release that close to the ground though nice. I usually just kinda timed a full hop release so that i'd land on the ledge

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
This is pretty cool. I wonder if there's anytime to do a wavebounce or b-reverse egg lay afterwards.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
You can also use this as a way to edgeguard aggresively without using your second jump. If you do this to jump off the stage really far you can go for a nair REALLY far off stage and you still have all your UP B's and your jump to get back. You can actually go so far off stage you'll be off screen and you can still return to the stage without even grabbing the ledge.

Last edited:

Ghostgodzilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ghostgodzilla
I'm going to hit the lab right now with this. It has a good potential as an edge guard tool since egg roll is quite fast......we also need to give this tech a name.

Top Bottom