• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NetBattle Registry

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
I will most likely never play this cheap game again.
Cause tyranitar knew ice beam????
starmie with electric???
every time i change pokemon its where they have advantage and when
i don't they still do! I have only won once and it was a girl! gosh its cheap
i geuss i will try with all ubbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mine is
dragon_trainer
differant servers

Kochiha

Smash Journeyman
Were you playing with a modded database or something? Because that's probably what causes all of that kind of stuff to happen.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
i played a unmodified and won 2-0! but them played a ,modded and lost barely, but
i changed my playing style and that helped. I focus on 2-2 battles now.
Lunatone and Solrock are awsome like that

Kochiha

Smash Journeyman
2v2...eww...but hey, it's fun every once in a while. (Particularly with Gardevoir and Alakazam out. They cover all weaknesses.)

Kochiha

Smash Journeyman
I find it kind of funny that someone said "mainly Smogon", since that server shut down for good about two months ago.

Kochiha

Smash Journeyman
Referring to Smogon University, right? Because the real Smogon, as I keep saying (since it's so worth saying multiple times) went down.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol, I should get back into this. After finding my silver and red version games, I forgot what moves are good from the games on the GBA and up.

What's the name of that uber move that boosts your special attack and special defense?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Thanks
I remember people pwning with that one move. Like, they'd get a Suicine (good defense and special defense) and do calm mind over and over (because of the defensive strats Suicine has) and then do rest...then **** with Surf (one hit kill 1337 hax).

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I will most likely never play this cheap game again.
Cause tyranitar knew ice beam????
starmie with electric???
every time i change pokemon its where they have advantage and when
i don't they still do! I
have only won once and it was a girl! gosh its cheap
i geuss i will try with all ubbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mine is
dragon_trainer
differant servers
So you played a mixtar. So what? Sure, they aren't particulary common, but they do exist. And most Starmie carry tbolt anyway. Be expected to encounter anything in a pokemon's movepool. Not just their STAB attacks. You're just not used to what pokemon carry, and so get surprised by what many consider to be "standard."

NJ said:
Thanks
I remember people pwning with that one move. Like, they'd get a Suicine (good defense and special defense) and do calm mind over and over (because of the defensive strats Suicine has) and then do rest...then **** with Surf (one hit kill 1337 hax).
CMCUNE HAS NO WEAK!!11!!1!!1!!!!!

(not really)

Kochiha said:
Meh, don't keep trying, Smogon wasn't that great.
Agreeing... Despite how easy it is to get into a battle, it's very difficult to get into a good battle, there. Out of some 12 or so battles I had the other day, only one was with a competant battler, and that was because I had to directly ask him for one.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
Name: tw0 side
Server: just got netbattle today (march 29 07) so I'll use Smogon like everyone else

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I downloaded this thing last night, and when I try to log on to a server it either times out or it gives me this message:

The following error occurred while trying to connect to the Registry:
10060: The attempt to connect timed out

This error may mean that the Server Registry is temporarily disabled. If this is the case, it should be back up shortly. If you know your server's address or IP, you may enter it at the following screen. If not, please visit the NetBattle forums at www.tvsian.com for a list of commonly active servers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could someone please help me by enlightening me on what to do next? I have version 0.9.6 and am using the F/L graphics, does that make a difference?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I downloaded this thing last night, and when I try to log on to a server it either times out or it gives me this message:

The following error occurred while trying to connect to the Registry:
10060: The attempt to connect timed out

This error may mean that the Server Registry is temporarily disabled. If this is the case, it should be back up shortly. If you know your server's address or IP, you may enter it at the following screen. If not, please visit the NetBattle forums at www.tvsian.com for a list of commonly active servers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could someone please help me by enlightening me on what to do next? I have version 0.9.6 and am using the F/L graphics, does that make a difference?
Er... I'm pretty sure that just means the registry is down. It happens every now and then. You have two options: 1) wait until the registry comes back up, or 2) enter an address or ip of a server in the advanced window. I know smogon's address is nb.smogon.com so if you wanna go there, you can use that. If it's giving you that message when you try to actually click on a specific server, then there's something very strange and wrong there.

What the heck is NetBattle never heard of it before?
It's an online battle simulator for the first three generations of pokemon. As soon as you pick your team you can join a server and start battling people. Every server also has a chat to talk with people on. You can d/l it off of here.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Thanks, pimp! I tried this out yesterday and it worked. As you can guess, I'm not all that good, but I'll work on it. I've been out of pokemon for a LOOOONG time. I quit right after Crystal, so I've got to catch up.

Top Bottom