• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide NESSBOUNDER'S Nesstastic Ness Guide (PAL version.)

VilNess

Smash Champion
Well, you´d better update many others of you matchups too.

Marth from ***** to ***. Seriously. They just kill each other with sick comboes.

Fox from *** to ****.

Peach from ***** to ****

Luigi from **** to ***. and I´ve played this matchup 2000 times and 2nd main is Luigi, so I know what´s going
on ;)

Ganon from **** to ***. Too many death comboes against him.

Bowser from * to **. He his still his raw power to be bale to compete against Ness.

Pikachu AT LEAST to ***. Pika has many things going on for him in this matchup, I´ve played against Ijukas Pikachu which is good. and it was tough time landing hits against it. I still won most of the time. but it wasn´t easy and those matches we´re close calls.

Anyway that´s my take.

Mafia Boss

Smash Rookie
How you rated DK's difficulty is pure bull****!!! I lost to my little 10 yr. old brother because of you!!! Provide more detail to counter not only DK's but everyone else's moves!!!

Ryan-K

Smash Master
It's not Nessbounder's fault that you spam PK Fire. Just because it isn't difficult doesn't mean it's written in stone. Oh no you lost a single match, well I guess that's too bad.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Um...Mafia Boss...If you can't use your own initiative when facing DK then that's too bad. Smash Bros is not like Soul Calibur, everyone has the same move layout. I play King Kong's DK as my main human competition and I know what DK is capable of. His moves have range, many of them lag and his aerial attacks are very good. What you need to do is play around as DK for a little while and learn the timing of his moves. You will no doubt know that a DK can do the wall of pain trick to stop your advance, which is when you should go on the defensive. If you do indeed spam PK fire, then you're doing the wrong thing! I'd say that you probably weren't even using the proper fighting style for taking on DK, were you? Did you even read the first part of the guide? About mindgames and such? Yah, you're meant to use those, you know. You can't play a super predictable Ness who spams PK fire and/or attacks like a berzerker, especially against characters with range. And as for countering specific moves, well come on! DK really isn't all that difficult for Ness IF you're doing the right thing. I manage to beat King Kong's DK almost every time because I play a very evasive Ness. It should be obvious how to counter certain moves! If he uses an F-tilt, you can shield it or jump over it or even roll or dodge it, or wavedash backwards or something! Grrr! What moves are giving you trouble, anyway? If you tell me that, I'll tell you how to counter them. Now stop grouching just because you need to refine your style.

Sorry, I'm a little grumpy at the moment. I'll go and add some more * detail to those strats...

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
I have that PAL version. I started playing with Ness a little before Xmas, and would like to thank you for writing a guide for PAL! It feels good to know what you can do, not what you can't.

To the subject. I think that you maybe could make some combo with PK Fire - Sparkle rush - PK Thunder fakeout. Not that good, but it's a change from that PK Shove. Name - Element Attack.

Now, I hope it works (I'm far from GameCubes right now) and that anybody likes it :)

MegaKirby9

Smash Apprentice
If there is a bright center to the Universe, I'm i
Ness on a team w/ friendly fire:

Ness+Game & Watch is awesome. PK Flash to fill up Game & Watch's Oil Panic will deal massive damage and be an automatic kill with a lot of range and three hits. Too bad it takes so long to fill up though. Game & Watch can do over 450 damage with one attack! And if Ness shields it, Game & Watch goes flying backward, automatically knocking out any opponents in his way.

Ness+Fox: Ness regain health from Fox's blaster possible?

RaekNeSS

Smash Cadet
I saw in Simna's guide video he was doing something he called "Jacket"ing. Could you tell me where I can find out how to do this? Or anyone just tell me how.. lol. Is it when you smash yourself into the edge of the stage with PK Thunder and get the small explosion? And then you become like invincible to an extent? Someone please help me out here.. >.<

Reik

Smash Ace
Hey, can someone with AR post frame data for Ness' n-air, please? Specifically how long before the hitbox comes out and the number of frames of landing lag with the L-cancel.

[EDIT] - Nvm, borrowed AR from a friend. Looks like Ness' n-air hits on the 5th frame. Not too shabby.

Stone_Buddha

Smash Rookie
hey nessbounder do you know where i can find a guide on how to do/use jackets? cuz i can do the yoyo glitch but i really want to start workin on some jackets?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Oorgh...sorry everybody. I almost never come here anymore. It goes to show what an iresponsible hypocrite I really am *sigh*

Been having too much fun doing this: NESSBOUNDER is Ryanide!! Art Art ART!!

But uh yeah....homework and artwork and other things just prevent me from spending any time on Smashboards. I really am sorry.

Still, it's nice to know that people are still reading my guide! I may update it in the future when I can make the time.

ness87

Smash Rookie
My favorite arena to play ness is in star fox Coneria since you can absorb the beam comming from the main ship. When the ship finishes charging up , jump off the ledge and absorb it when it fires. It totally heals you percentage. its a good way to start off another battle. Just make sure the opponents doesn't destroy.

actionlen

Smash Journeyman
NEW TACTIC:
for you Nessbounder
Wavedashing into a down tilt, it's magic. You can really start damaging.
Call it whatever you want Nessbounder (maybe saomething with baseballslide or something)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
this guide pretty decent. could use a huge update. i only got good with ness by look at videos of simna and mofo . now today i read this guide for the first time ever and i didnt learn anything. still, this should help noobs, but vids are definately better to learn off of instead of this. i mean, usually guides such as the yoshi guide, roy guide and fox guide help more than just watching vids, but this is the opposite.

LilNess

Smash Rookie
I'm a Ness

Well, I might be going to a tourny in New Jersey, my second tourny, and I spent just about forever reading this whole guide, and I have to say, good job. I'm testing out strategies and new combos on my brother and I am a much better Ness now.Thx.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Earthbound360 said:
:rolleyes: Way to be real supportive.
you mean realistic...
this guide does need an update, I mean, Mofo's Ness beats PC Chris's Ganon (most likely the second best Ganon)
LilNess said:
Well, I might be going to a tourny in New Jersey, my second tourny, and I spent just about forever reading this whole guide, and I have to say, good job. I'm testing out strategies and new combos on my brother and I am a much better Ness now.Thx.
where to u live in NJ? me and Reik (nj ness players) could probably help you old depending on where you live.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Dude. NESSBOUDNER wrote this guide about 3 years ago back before the game had progressed to the level it has today. He currently lives in a small village in the far north tip of Australia which means he rarely gets to play smash anymore so he probably wont be updating his guide anytime soon. He was in his time one of the most innovative players around, he practically wrote the book on G&W playing and he is still IMO the best Ness in Australia.

If I get back up there sometime on uni break i'll ask him if he feels like updating it.

Until then try to say something nice about someone for a change.

peace out

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
King Kong said:
Until then try to say something nice about someone for a change.
^ 1 of the things I hate about smashboards...
Saying that it needs an update is a mean thing? wow I'm not commanding him to update it, nor do I know him as well as you....I didn't even say the guide was bad. I'm just saying, since it's not up to date, you might as well watch vids of Mofo and Simna. I'm pretty sure Nessbounder wouldn't burst into tears/care.
Even if I did insult him in anyways (which I DID NOT)...it's the internet, why care?

LilNess

Smash Rookie
foxandfalco said:
you mean realistic...
this guide does need an update, I mean, Mofo's Ness beats PC Chris's Ganon (most likely the second best Ganon)

where to u live in NJ? me and Reik (nj ness players) could probably help you old depending on where you live.
I live in Wodbridge New Jersey.

King Kong

Smash Lord
foxandfalco said:
this guide pretty decent. could use a huge update. i only got good with ness by look at videos of simna and mofo . now today i read this guide for the first time ever and i didnt learn anything. still, this should help noobs, but vids are definately better to learn off of instead of this. i mean, usually guides such as the yoshi guide, roy guide and fox guide help more than just watching vids, but this is the opposite.
I'd be insulted if you said that about something i had written.

I apologise for flying off the handle but maybe you should choose your words more carefully.

peace out

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
are you kidding...like you said, the guide is old and i just recently read it....
whatever, i dont care anymore.

Reik

Smash Ace
I agree with F&F. The guide isn't bad... it's just old. It was very helpful to me when I was new to advanced techniques, but unfortunately it won't help you get much closer to being a Ness of Simna and MoFo's calibur.

I learned from studying videos and experimenting. The videos I'd recommend most are MoFo(Ness) vs PC Chris(Doc), the Captain Jack vs Brown Mario Ness dittos, and any of Simna's videos that aren't extremely old.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Hey man, amazingly thourough job. I don't have time to say much else but the only thing I can immediately think to respond to as far as corrections go is your statements regarding the yo-yo as an edgegaurd...or at least how it won't work. [This one is really useful against Falco and Fox, but more Falco since he relies heavily on a forward-B to recover rather than his up-B]...if you're the right distance away from the edge [which means it will never work if you are right next to it, or even too far from it, it has to be juuust right], you can charge the up or down smash and the yo-yo will creep out there.....and all of a sudden fall over the edge. And then it just hangs there, spinning. This can open up into all sorts of madness, my favorite is to follow it up with a flail or a bat if you're quick enough. That's all I've got time for. Thanks for the guide though, it really opened my eyes to using the headbutt instead of spamming the shove.

brownie:out

Pikaluk

Smash Cadet
You forgot to add a few characters that Ness' energy shield is good for. Samus for one. When she fully charges her b-move, you can absorb all that damage. Also Mewtwo. Game and Watch im not sure if you can absorb the bacon or not. Ice climbers im not sure either. but there are alot of characters you can absorb damage from and heal yourself. Surely, a great move.

starvingartist

Smash Cadet
I'm used to be stricly falco but once I picked up ness I couldn't put him down. This guide has really helped me develop my skills and it's really great to hear some good things said about this earthbound gentleman.

-E

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I Don't Think NESSBOUNDER is Dead

His Deviantart username is "Ryanaide"
He once had an avater of a little animal scrolling sideways, but now it has changed to that same animal eating a pineapple. Maybe he still goes on the internet. If he still does, maybe someone on Deviant art could talk to him again? I dunno... just a thought.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Thank you Nessbounder, for helping all us junior Nesses out!

If I gained one extra level, I could cast ressurection on you, one more level...

King Kong

Smash Lord
His Deviantart username is "Ryanaide"
He once had an avater of a little animal scrolling sideways, but now it has changed to that same animal eating a pineapple. Maybe he still goes on the internet. If he still does, maybe someone on Deviant art could talk to him again? I dunno... just a thought.
He aint dead. He's just in Kuranda. Which is a tiny village in the rainforest in the far north of Australia. We used to be smash together till i moved to the city for uni.

Im on holidays now so we caught up and smashed. He still has by far the best Ness in Australia and I wish we could get some new vids since his overall level of gameplay has increased significantly.

peace out

Top Bottom