• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide NESSBOUNDER'S Nesstastic Ness Guide (PAL version.)

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
!

Eat those words! Have you ever seen a Ness flail the crud out of Fox or Falco with his head and throws? Even Gannondorf and Captain Falcon fall victim to Ness's deadly fast-faller flattening combos.

A skilled Ness player who knows how to evade and punish is an impressive sight. That boy slips through opponent's attacks like sand through a sieve

King Kong, my E-mail is dead, PM me with yours and I might go and start a new one.
I've been playing SCII recently, more so than Smash, but I'm still good with Ness.

Working on perfecting my yo-yo glitch skills now. Fun fun fun.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Originally posted by NESSBOUNDER
!

A skilled Ness player who knows how to evade and punish is an impressive sight. That boy slips through opponent's attacks like sand through a sieve

this is so TRUE! when i played competitively i tried to play my ness just like this.
And ya Ganondorf definetly falls to many of ness combos. why do yu give him **** anyway, he´s more like even battle. I mean ganon only slightly has the range advantage too... and it´s not that hard to sneak in some fairs due to his overall speed.
in my first tourney I played 3 battles against ganon (1 was friendly) and won all of them.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Ganon's Fair can give Ness some problems. I have played quite a few Ganons and enjoy fighting them. My friend Dmac gives me a ton of trouble with him though. The range issue is a big thing....so is the SGs.

If a Ganon dosen't know how to fight a Ness though, dead.

NESSBOUNDER: We should talk about the glitch more in the glitch thread. I left the boards for like three days and nobody has posted anything since then! Ahhh....the board is dying!

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Ness vs. Ganondorf is pretty even if you ask me. My Ganon isn't nearly as dedicated as VilNess' Ness, so our matches may not have been the best measurement. At least I know about Ness' deadlyness...

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah we got WMK here so NESSBOUNDERS guide did good job!

I also played against Neophos Ganon but don´t remember much, only thing the match ended with me spiking him in YS.

My bro plays Ness now and then and I picked ganon against him.
I knew Ness´ weaknesses so it was easy for me take use of the range advantage... though I had to keep an eye out for the Fair and Bat.

Well at least Ness doesn´t have advantage here but I highly doubt he has disadvantage too. both have what it takes to destroy each other.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
I don't think I even saw Neophos' Ganon, I'm guessing it was on the same level as mine. Maybe you just happen to be a Ganon raper?

I want to play against your bro. I am no tier ***** anymore (if you even ever thought of me as one). I like Bowser and Link really much... looking forward to a low tier tourney. Thing is Ness counters Bowser from what I've gathered... not sure about Link. Bah, maybe Link is going up in the tiers making him banned in low tier tourneys anyway.

I am capable of recording short vids with my digicam, I recorded one already for the Finnish smashers on IRC. Me and my brother are testing various matchups... Link vs. DK is fun!

Sorry for going offtopic in the coolest forum of them all.

VilNess

Smash Champion
coolest forum yeah yer learning. :D

Yes, Ness definetly counters Bowser, no questions. I kinda hate it too, since even though my Bro can´t play bowser much I usually end up taking like 30%-100% damage with Ness in a 3-stock battle.
WD PK fire to something or grab and dthrow to something = enough to get him over 100% quite fast.

Eh? If you play Samus yer not a tier *****! and Ganon even less so.
Samus is a bit like upgraded Ness. has some nice advantages others don´t, doesn´t counter much anyone (except a few like luigi and very low rated ones i think) and does pretty good against most of the cast... though Samus vs. Falcon is like Ness vs. Marth :(

well on the other hand samus and Ness play differently but iwas comparing mostly their overall competitivety. And i don´t know much about samus so don´t flame I talked poo :p

yep Link needs to be heightened, definetly... especially in PAL where he doesn´t have a true counter.

oh btw. I think Neophos ganon was decend too, i really don´t remember much about it. All i remember that all of his characters were good except his Link and his Ness. his Ness sucked :p
but what can i complain? i can only play Ness and Mario brothers :D
..and pichu, Y link, Marth to lesser extent and some others

aww off topic too!

King Kong

Smash Lord
Matt, mate, whats up, havn't seen you in about two months or something like that. Really need to find a way to get in touch with you other than this site... sigh, anyways man, your probably not playing smash much anymore, i havn't really had time, but i still play the old gamecube occasionally.. but still, be ready when i come back to cairns for a rematch.

I've moved into a place near my uni with some blokes and one of them plays a wicked samus and pretty good Link but i still own them. Plus this other dude who comes round sometimes plays a good Ness.

From playing this guy i now know just how bloody good your Ness is, I mean this guy can do all the advanced stuff with Ness, but i still beat him with my DK (posssibly becasue he is not always ducking my B-air and shorthopping over my down B then punishing me with an F-air, or wavedancing all over the place, or countering my u-air combos with an anoying PK thuder fakeout thingy like you always do) I figured one of us should do a DK vs Ness matchup guide since we pretty much know the match up inside out, but i dont have time.

Anyways mate see ya round

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Aw, you lucky thing, getting to compete against other human opponents...I still play smash. There's plenty of new glitchy stuff going on with Ness. Still, I'd prefer if you didn't call me by my first name on this site, if that's alright?

You could always PM me instead of posting it in my guide. And yeah, I'm still wondering which metroid game I should get for my Gamecube.

All this is a bit off topic. I think I'll make up for it by getting to work on character pairings for 2-player mode.

What would you guys like to see first, Friendly fire on or off?

VilNess

Smash Champion
And I´ts highly appreciated if you did a guide for Double Ness in teams, there´s some wicked potential here.
If it was just possible to get 2 enthusiastic Ness players unite :)

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Alright, I'll do some now.

I'll start with matchups from my awesome foursome.

---NESS and Fox---friendly fire ON

Ness: hey everyone! Fox and I are going down to the garden to look for earthworms. Wanna come?

Fox: Ness...shut up!

Ness: nobody? You're all just jealous because my best friend's a FOX!!

Fox: come on, we're going. (grabs Ness and leaves.)

---------------------------------------------------
Although Ness and Fox cancel each other out on the battlefield, they also make an awesome team. Both of them are fast, agile and have great support potential. Here are some team attacks and tactics for Ness and Fox.

The healing qualities of animals:

Fairly obvious. Fox can rapidly regenerate Ness's health through the use of his laser and Ness's PSI magnet. In team battles, PSI magnet actually becomes useful for absorbing your teammate's attacks. Having a Fox player on your side who's skilled at the double laser hop is even better, seeing as this won't leave Fox open for punishment as he's healing you. Each laser fired at Ness will recover around 6%, so a short burst every now and again is better than settling down and firing off all of Ness's damage. You may want to watch what your teammates are doing, though. It's always good to give your friend a sort of signal before attempting this.

Psionic Probe:

Quite a nice little trick that utilises Fox's speed and gives him the chance to make a safe advance. It takes some time to set up, though, but if the Ness Player is skilled with PK thunder, then there's nothing to worry about. This is how it's done:

Step1: The Ness player gets behind or above Fox. Fox should be between the opponent and Ness.

Step 2: Ness fires off a PK thunder and pilots it around to the front of Fox, so it is travelling horizontally towards him, AWAY from the opponent.

Step 3: Fox puts up his reflector. The attack will become his and Ness will break out of his PK thunder animation. Meanwhile, the 16% damage PK thunder will be travelling towards the general direction of the opponents. Fox can use this slow projectile as a shield and rush at the opponents to go for a grab or anything else really. Meanwhile, Ness can stay behind Fox and punish any opponents who try to jump over Fox and escape the trap. As usual, it's always best to signal before attempting this. The Ness player should be the one signalling. Try to vary the signals so that the opponent won't be able to read you. You could always cry out "PROBE!!!" the first time you use this move, and then "POPE!!!" the next time (or some other obscure word.) Take time to organise this with your friend before hand.

Furry Friend infinate.

If you have only one opponent left and both you and Fox are still in the game, this nice little infinate will make the last match look stylish and fun and frustrate the heck out of your opponents. Ness starts this submission by using the pistion kick on the opponent (d-tilt.) Fox then gets on the other side of the opponent and uses his reflector, pushing the opponent into Ness's feet. Continue to reflect the opponent into Ness as they get pushed away and it it will be practically impossible to escape this move. Fox may need to walk forwards a little bit sometimes, As Ness gets pushed back as well by the opponent. Fox can finish the opponent off with his vulpine flip (U-smash) for a safe and cool-looking victory.

More FoxyNess coming later.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
this is a bit off topic but the only way i might be able to ever get in contact with nessbounder seeing as he doesn't post in the australian tourney thread.
Do you still play smash? cos there is a small rabble forming in Queensland from what I know that you might be interested getting in touch with... also let me know if your interested in coming to perth this december for australia's 3rd nationwide tourney.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Nice NESSBOUNDER

that psionic probe makes me laugh every time i see it work^_^

also the ness-fox infinite works both opponents at once if u can get them close to each other

King Kong

Smash Lord
Quetzocatl, Nessbounder and I used to live in the same town. However, he now lives in Cairns most of the time and I just moved to Brisbane. You say there are players in Queensland, i'll have to catch up with you guys, yeah Nessbounder would be real happy to meet up with you guys but you might be in for a nasty surprise, that guy has the most insane ness ever, i give him a good fight with my DK though...

Ah, no, i wont give you is phone number, but he'll probably get back to you on his own. Hey why are you having a tourney in Perth? In WA of all states? man, why not at least have it in sydney?

Anyways man, maybe Nessbounder and I will make the trip together and go as a Ness/DK team wouldnt that be interesting?

Peace out

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
The first tourney was done in Perth, it was quite small, but it had players from Melbourne, second tourney which was in melbourne was larger, and Captain Jack from Japan came, that was in February. So we are having the third tourney back in Perth, basically the best will be there even though it might not have the numbers. You guys should come, I know nessbounder knows his stuff so there's a good chance he'll do well.
Contact the aussie smash community through msn, mine's is qzxkj@hotmail.com
Also sydney has a non existant smash community surprisingly. The best players are in perth and melbourne, but melbourne has more players.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Hmmm, the best will be there eh?
Sounds tempting, but thats on hell of a drive from Cairns, fik it, we'll catch a plane instead.

Is there much of a brisbane scene?

Hah, just remembered, Nessbounders dad lives in Perth, and Nessbounder will be visiting him on school holidays in december, hah, we'll be there for sure, just tell us the place and date and we'll do our best

Durchlauf

Smash Rookie
First of all, this guide is really awesome. I use Ness as my main, and to tell you the truth, I'm not all that good. But I want to improve, though that won't really happen, since I don't really know anyone around me who is into Melee. But this guide gives me some sort of hope.

(And yeah, I love Earthbound)

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Yeah, I know how you feel. Don't lose hope, though. I rarely practice on anything other than computers and I'm fairly skilled when it comes to real battles. The trick is not to fall for the computers lameness. You have to think about what a real opponent would do in the situation, for instance, you've just hit your opponent into the air. The computer would just let you beat it up, but a human opponent will try to attack you or dodge with a fast move that has priority (usually a N-air.) so anticipate that! One thing about versing human opponents, and this is for everyone: You always assume that your opponent is at the same level of skill as you, or higher. Never try combos that "onLy Work oN nooBs." because then you're really not using a combo, are you?

As for that tourney thing, I'd so love that!! But I have to think about it first, because I may not be allowed to go. We'll see.

I've always wanted to go to a tourney and get pwned! :chuckle:

Edit: oh yeah, and Earthbound drops it like it's hawt. (whatever that means) Spread the love! If I ever end up making games for Nintendo, I'm going to ask if I can resurrect the Earthbound franchise. (Nintendo probably doesn't care about Earthbound any more, they're already giving Starfox to some developers...like Namco, who didn't do a very good job on the last game, but yeah.)

Nintendo guy: oh, yeah...that thing, whatever floats your boat, go nuts.

Me: YESSSSSS!!

Yeah right, like that'll ever happen. I'll probably end up doing a pont-and-click detective adventure with Florence Nightingale. (sigh...)

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah, the joy to actually participating a tourney... :)

With Ness I suggest practising comboing some priority machines, like luigi... if you just can find a buddy that can mix it up a bit with him. because when you try to combo luigi you really have to be very precise with your uairs so you don´t collide with his sex kick.
I play against Luigi a lot and sometimes try to uair combo him even though I´m pretty sure his sex kick will override me...
Well I told my bro to play C.falcon... because my uair-game has gotten a lot better I was able to pull those sick Ness combos on C.falcon on FD !
you know the stuff: grab->uthrow-> follow DI-> djC uair-> grab-> uair->uair and finish.

Durchlauf

Smash Rookie
Yeah. I practice alot, or whenever I've got some free time. I can easily take down a level nine computer. (provided I don't make some stupid mistakes that cost me, like, 2 stocks) I can do stuff like short hopping and shield grabbing... Nothing special. I have one friend I know who likes the game, and If I could get him over once in a while, I would. I'll probably have to wait before I can drive to actually go to a tournament and get my head handed to me, though.

It's annoying practicing against Luigi computers sometimes, because whenever they get thrown over the edge, they only use Green missile, even when they're under the ledge, so they don't come up.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Nessbounder, seriously dude, how long has it been since you came onto this site, i've been trying to get in touch with you for ages.

Do you stil smash? if you dont, then I have to quit, the only reason I still play is so that I can beat you next time we play. R u goin to the Gold Coast? If so you can come back to my place if u want its the mega bachelor pad and all. uNI SUCKS, SO DOES RENT, AND HAVING TO WORK AND ALL

Sigh, anyways man, you want to head off to the tourney in Perth? I'm goin and you should come too.

Shalox

Smash Apprentice
Well, I just want to say this Ness guide has really helped my Ness playing big time, thanks alot NESSBOUNDER.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
ok i started playing with ness but one problem...i cant get the yo-yo glitch to work. now, am i supposed to release the yo yo right before my character starts to flash(the time in between when he throws it out and starts charging) or does it have to hit my opponent as i throw it out. i have read numerous different guides to try and figure this out and none of you guys are on the same page as far as how its done. and why is it that every time i try to find videos on this site poeple make it harder than it is. keep it simple convert it to mpeg format because no one wants to download a program to watch a short video.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
hehehe just about all my videos are AVI

anyway, have the yoyo hit the other character as its coming out, it should pop them up a good deal into the air then after a small charge, release the yoyo(release just a split second after you hit them). That should set it.

Take anymore questions you have to the yyg thread plz.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Wow! people are still using this guide even though I haven't updated it in yonks? That's great! Thanks to all of you! I feel like updating this now.

Ness + Fox continued...

Superflame:

Ness grabs an opponent with a down throw while Fox is behind him. The Fox player should immediately jump over Ness and begin using a firefox (Up B) as the opponent is popped up in flames. The flaming opponent should catch on Fox's fiery coat and take a whole round of firefox complete with the chargeup damage! Ness's other throws don't work because the flying enemy would damage Fox and disrupt the move.

Vulpine storm:

Ness will probably take a little bit of damage here. Have Fox grab an opponent and b-throw them. Ness should be ready with a f-air to send the hapless opponent back in Fox's direction. Ness may be hit by a laser if he isn't damaged by the flying opponent, but most of the time, F-air should win when it comes to priority. Fox then executes a fulljump D-air drill attack which brings the opponent right into Ness's clutches where he can do anything he wants before they recover. I'd recommend ending it with a bat or u air before the opponent's partner breaks the combo. You may want to practise this a lot before actually doing it in a real battle.

Furry dodgeball:

This is a silly one. Fox will take about 10% damage no matter what you do. As Ness, grab Fox and sling him into the opponent with an f-throw. As Fox, he falls very fast, so he can simply DI towards you after hitting the opponents before they recover and punish him.

Black hole blast:

It starts out just like the Superflame. Have Ness down throw an opponent, only instead of using the fire fox, time it so that Fox hits the opponent with a D-air instead. Ness should then be able to grab the opponent again. You can turn this into an infinate by repeating the process, but this technique also has defensive capabilties as well. The second time Ness grabs the opponent, have Fox quickly run behind him while Ness uses an f-throw. Seeing as the "twirling" animation of the F-throw doesn't harm Fox, he should have plenty of time to get out of the way. The opponent is then thrown forwards where they can collide with thier teammate who may be rushing in to aid them. If the opponents teammate is behind Ness, then Fox is already there to protect his rear. If you want damage, you can even have Fox nuzzle up close to Ness and use a f-smash AWAY from him while he's holding the opponent instead of throwing forwards. This attack will hit the captive opponent and any others who get in its way. Any one of Fox's smash attacks will work with the exception of d-smash which will hit Ness.

Ninja trick rush:

Advance on the opponents with Fox in the rear. Have Fox use a f-b Fox illusion and immediately get Ness to jump. If the opponent sheilds Fox's attack, have Ness swoop down and attack them while Fox regains his offense, or if they get surpised and take Fox's move, you are in the air and can go in for a combo.

And remember that any one of Ness's partners can be used to set up the yo-yo gitch.

That's enough Fox. If I think of more, I'll update this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NESS and JIGGLYPUFF Freindly fire ON
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ness: she's so useful! You can sit on her, use her as a mop, she makes a great sleeping drug substitute, and she's great for lots of other things as well! Just use your imagination!

Jigglypuff: are you...trying to peddle me off or something?

Well pretty much the best thing about Jigglypuff is that she really supports Ness on the battlefield. Jigglypuff's killer recovery means that she can practically erase Ness's fear of the edge. At any time when Ness is knocked off, Jigglypuff can simply float out off the stage and pound him back on where he can recover high above the opponent's heads, which is the desired recovery position for Ness. Unfortunately, Jigglypuff's usually awesome team Rest combos are more difficult to do with the friendly fire on, however, they still exist with the help of some of Ness's low knockback, high stun moves.

Rocket Launcher:

Any one of Ness's throws that have a "twirling" animation (up, forward and back) are the key to this awesome combo. As a Ness/jigglypuff team, you should be using this move quite a lot. It's fast, nasty and has little risk. Have Ness grab an opponent and use a throw (not down throw) during the twirling animation, all the Jigglypuff player has to do is rest the opponent while they're twirling around! As the animation doesn't hurt Jigglypuff, and the opponent is detatched from Ness's body, the chances of your team mate getting hurt are low if the Jigglypuff player knows what they are doing. The hardest throw to pull this off with is the back throw. Therefore, if the following should be used

* if Jigglypuff is behind Ness (most likely) have Ness use an up throw. All Jigglypuff has to do is shorthop over his head and rest the oponent into oblivion.

* if Jigglypuff is in front of Ness, use f-throw. All Jigglypuff has to do is time it right, because the twirl will automatically come down to her height

Immediately after using this combo, have Ness punch Jigglypuff to wake her up. I wouldn't recommend using this against very light characters, though, seeing as Ness only twirls them for a very short amount of time. This should not be used against anyone lighter than Fox.

Unfortunately, none of Jigglypuff's throws can be comboed with Ness in any special way. I've tried a lot of combinations and most of them are way too dangerous or hard to do.

And there aren't any other combos I can think of right now for Jigglypuff...you can't take advantage of her sing attack in a team battle, but her rest combos make up for it.

Well that's all for now. I'll do more later, I guess.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
I dont play ness But you make him sound like a legend.
The terms you to describe him are leet and IM sure people who dont even play ness will read this.

Anyhow team combos sounds like a sick idea. Keep up the good work yo.
I tryed a few of these I should go tell sam I wonder if he has read this?????

King Kong

Smash Lord
Snakebite said:
I dont play ness But you make him sound like a legend.
The terms you to describe him are leet and IM sure people who dont even play ness will read this.

Anyhow team combos sounds like a sick idea. Keep up the good work yo.
I tryed a few of these I should go tell sam I wonder if he has read this?????
hahaha yeah sam used this guide to learn to play ness. His ness is good but it just donst have the same depth NESSBOUNDER does. Man, I owned Sams ness with falco and then I play Nessbounder and get 3 stocked on tape.

VilNess

Smash Champion
King Kong said:
Man, I owned Sams ness with falco and then I play Nessbounder and get 3 stocked on tape.
hurry up and uploadt those vids.
I wanna see I wanna see I wanna see I wanna see I wanna see I wanna see ...I WANNA SEE!!!!

King Kong

Smash Lord
Yeah i finished the vids complete with a great Aussie soundtrack. But my video skills suck, and most of the matches were stuffed up and blurry. I got two DK vs Ness and in the second you get to see the spike jacket in action. The good Ness vs Falco stuffed up but luckily we had another one, not as good but there is still some good stuff. Sorry NESSBOUNDER but your G&W vids didnt work out. Oh, and are you coming to SEAT 2 man? you'd be a good addition to the Queensland team.

Villness how do i get videos up on rapidshare? I just dont know how to do it........

VilNess

Smash Champion
go to www.rapidshare.de
and just browse your file in there and start uploading.
Once it´s complete check out the link for the vid in almost bottom of the page.
it´s really easy.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
NOOO!! I so wanted people to see my G&W, all those psycho combos were for naught!!

But at least the other stuff turned out. Thanks for that, KK! I can't wait to see them!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I'll take a break from my animation for a little while. Anyway, MORE TEAM FUN, LOL! (honks nose)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ness and Mr. Game and Watch
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ness:(with MASSIVE afro) it's obvious we'll kick butt together, 'cos we're both BlAcK!!

G&W: 'f-shizzle.

Oh man, where do I start? These guys ROCK together! Both Ness and G&W have fantastic aerial abilities. They can both use thier specials to support each other, and they have awesome combo set ups, not to mention that Mr. Game and Watch packs heat while Ness is a speedhouse, meaning that they've got a nice balance of speed and power between them.

Anyway, now for the combos.

----------------------
CHAOS MIXTURE: Ness can use his energy special attacks to charge Mr. Game and Watch's deadly oil panic bucket. Depending on the situation, he can use any of his attacks to keep Mr. Game and Watch at full power. Below are a bundle of situations and mixtures and the damage they do.

PK Fire x 3: <12% damage per hit. May hit three times at low%>

This is nice, easy and the fastest mixture Ness and G&W can do. Use this when you don't want to think about damage, or don't want to expose yourselves too much.

PK Thunder x 3: <31% damage per hit, but it'll only hit once. Ko's most characters at around 40%.>

The best. All Mr. Game and watch has to do is have Ness stand right in front of him (pretty much inside his bucket) and use PK thunder repeatedly until full. As this is PK thunder, you can even set up attacks from across the stage. You should be using this one more than the others. It's fast, easy and good.

PK flash uncharged x 3: <37% damage per hit, but it'll only hit once. Massive knockback. Ko's most characters at around 34%

This one's a bit more powerful than the PK thunder mix, but somewhat more involved and slower. It has more knockback, too. Give it consideration,

PK flash x 3 <108% damage per hit, but it'll only hit once. Instant KO.>

Oh yeah. Beautiful. Of course, this is way slow and hard to do, and your enemies will be all over you. You're going to have to wait for an opportunity to get a fully charged PK flash into G&W's bucket.

PK fire + PK flash (uncharged) + PK thunder: <20% damage per hit, but it'll only hit once.>

PK fire + PK flash + PK thunder: <41% damage per hit, but it'll only hit once. Instant KO.>

PK fire x 2 + PK thunder: <16% damage per hit, can hit twice on low %s>

Pk fire x 2 + PK flash (uncharged): <15% damage per hit, can hit twice on low %s>

PK fire x 2 + PK flash: <40% damage per hit, but it'll only hit once. Almost an instant KO>

PK thunder x 2 + PK flash uncharged : <27% damage per hit, but it'll only hit most characters once>

PK thunder x 2 + PK flash: <50% damage per hit but it'll only hit once, instant KO>

PK thunder x 2 + PK fire + : <14% damage per hit, can hit twice on low %s>

PK flash (uncharged) x 2 + PK fire: <32% damage per hit, but it'll only hit once.>

PK flash (uncharged) x 2 + PK thunder: <29% damage per hit, but it'll only hit once.>

PK flash (uncharged) x 2 + PK flash: <52% damage per hit but...you get the idea. Instant KO.>

PK flash x 2 + anything: <instant KO. Who cares about damage.>
----------------------------

Cyber shopping: G&W's sausages are yummy yummy good for Ness! Each snag will restore between 5 and 9% damage when Ness uses PSI magnet. Mmmm...2Dliscious...

Evil Puppet: any of Mr. Game and Watch's throws lead right into Ness's aerials with plenty of time for a setup.

Psychic Puppet: Ness grabs an opponent and uses F-throw. Mr. Game and watch jumps over him and uses a key, so that the thrown opponent collides with the key. Fun.

Workplace blunder: Mr Game and Watch's running attack sets an opponent up for Ness's spike, or u air, or anything, really. The stun is awesome!

Flaming puppet: Ness grabs an opponent and uses a back throw. Mr. Game and watch should be ready with a smash attack , which will hit the opponent and break the throw, sending them flying! Don't hit Ness though!

I'll do more on G&W later.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Great combos. My brother just started using Ness so these are great. For Psychic Puppet, you can use pretty much any attack, not just key. I find it helpful to block them if you are near the edge. I also thought of another combo you can use if you want to.

Skydiving: Whenever Mr.G&W is above Ness have Ness use his d-throw or u-throw. Mr.G&W should be in the perfect position to parachute, key, or do just about anything to the airborne opponent.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Nice, but take into account that whenever Ness throws an opponent, they become an attack, and therefore Mr. Game and watch needs to be using a disjointed hitbox attack that comes out somewhere beneath him in order to avoid taking damage from the thrown opponent. That's why I chose the key, because while the parachute has nice sideways range, if the opponent DI's towards G&W they'll hit his butt and not the parachute. Generally, Ness's throws don't have enough stun for G&W to set up perfect parachute combos. (Psychic puppet is meant to be executed with Mr. Game and Watch BEHIND Ness.)

As for skydiving, I believe you mean when Mr. Game and watch is HIGH up above the stage and falling down? As that's a situational predicament, it's not really a combo, just a good team tactic.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Oops. :p I guess that wasn't thought through a lot. I tend to come up with ideas in my head without comsidering certain factors. Like when I first read about the YYG I was thinking if you could lay like 40 trapboxes and then grab your opponent and you would see them flash from one trapbox to another. I almost posted that and then 2 posts later I read you could only lay one trapbox at a time. :laugh:

King Kong

Smash Lord
NESSBOUNDER said:
Donkey Kong is predictable. His moves aren't fast and they're laggy. I'm not talking about computer players here, A freind of mine plays DK as his major character and he's not bad. I know what to expect from that monkey and he's no threat to Ness.
You gonna change that or what buddy? hahahaha I think I showed you otherwise, I got one vid up and more to follow in the video discussion forum. Oh, and I got a G&W vs Falco vid just for you although its got blurry patches. Oh, please go and post on the SEAT 2 thread in the International comunity forum, we really need you for the QLD crew, and I need you as my partner for teams, im confident that I can crack the top ten this time (13th just dont cut it), hopefully in singles and in teams.

here you go mate- it took me ages to upload this- I could have picked a vid that was a bit more flattering for my falco- haha, but this one is still okay. Remember guys, this is PAL version- you think its hard to pillar in NTSC? Think again, falco only spikes with the very start of his down air- thus its alot harder to pillar and spike.

peace out

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Well I still stand by the fact that DK is predictable, it's just that he has some darn good attacks and is generally just pretty solid. Ness DOES still have an advantage over DK in the field of speed and versatility, but DK has a very nice pressure game. I guess I will change that after all, thanks for reminding me.

Yes, I think I may be able to come to Seat 2.

Yay, Vids! THanks!

Top Bottom