• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs. Snake MU Discussion.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Too bad PKF only works as a punishment for ADs/spot dodges.
Oh, and if they're good at DIing it it makes things worse =/

SuSa

Banned via Administration
So I played Vicegrip.

Bair>PKT

When I was able to react (building my reaction speed back up) he got punished for PK Jumping. If I failed to react, I usually got naired. =p

Pivot grab > all of Ness's aerials except for fair at a specific angle. If you're just below Snake's height I can pivot grab you.

Teching PKT stagespikes is fun as hell but risky. XD

Ness has a spike. I forgot about that... ask Vice it was hilarious. "Oh, he'll just try to bair me and I'll tech the stagespike. Wait. I got spiked?"

Snake outcamps Ness but Ness is able to navigate around the camping, so it doesn't mean much.

I was wrong about utilt. It misses occasionally out of a grab release, so I just started only going for the forward tilts. (It looked like bad buffering on DSF's part... but I don't **** up my utilt buffering.. so it's definitely you guys break far enough)

EDIT:

Vicegrip's also a cool guy. I hope to see him in tourneys more often. :) Really chill to hang out with

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I told you. Lol.

But yeah, I feel this matchup is not hard or not easy for Ness if you know what you're doing. It's as you say, Snake can outcamp Ness (and seriously should be) but Ness has his own ways to navigate so it falls cleanly to more of an even matchup.

It's really one of my favorite matchups because it goes back and fourth and is so fun.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the writeup Susa, you are a cool dude as well and I'm glad we got to finally bump into each other hehe, you are the master of teching, just remember which characters have legit spikes haha. I'm curious how our matches would go in an actual set. We'd both be camping more i'm sure but i dunno who would gain the edge. Ness CAN outcamp snake but at the same time if grenades sneak by due to poor/unlucky use of pkthunder Ness will be taking a lot of camp damage. Challenging matchup but Ness has a definite fighting shot, especially if the snake is unfamiliar with the matchup. Pivot grab is crazy! It especially affects Ness cause Ness is always flying around snake at close range- thus leaving him vulnerable to a surprise pivot if one is being a tad predictable or having bad spacing (or both).

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Yea. In an actual set I'd just be camping more, that's about it. =P But I don't like to play with the intent of timing you out in friendlies. XD

Also thanks, it's a bad addiction though. Especially if I miss my techs. Sometimes recovering just that much higher and risking juggle damage is worth it. Should've seen me vs Rich yesterday at a smashfest. I was teching so many spikes (and missing others) it was hilarious. At least 1/2 of his spikes would result in me teching it.

Top Bottom