• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs Lucas

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Uh... Ness' bair and dair are longer?? uair seems easier to kill with (esp w/o DJC) and when in doubt fair seems to always work.

Yoyo's are great and can kill.... and btw, I ran into some glitch with the yoyo. No not THE yoyo glitch, but I was just messing around with CPU and my yoyo stayed out. I don't know what I did, but my yoyo was just hanging out. When I dashed it trailed behind me like it was being blown in the wind, but I was holding onto it. Has anyone done this? I can't upload the pic of it, but whatever.. it didn't do anything.. just looked funny.
Okay, this topic has yielded something interesting. Everyone, stop fighting, I want every Ness user on Smashboards trying to figure out what the **** this guy did, and how to replicate it.

NOW!!!

Yes, I double posted, get over it, this is important.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Maybe it's an intentional thing? Nobody has really tried charging the yo-yos much now that they're awesome. Perhaps there's a new property that allows you to have them follow you this time or something?

MMMM.

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I was a little vague...... but that's all I can give pahaha..... I was teaching my bro how to play brawl and we were doing teams. I was caught up between two CPU's and somewhere I came out with mah yoyo a-danglin.

I might be making this up but perhaps I was charging a yoyo and was grabbed. I really don't know and I spent awhile trying to figure it out, but got sorta bored and moved on to play with friends elsewhere. But I assure you it happened and I could walk and jump and run with it and it would just dangle according to the physics of the game. I took a picture, but the best I could do is take a picture of my actual TV........ -_-

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Lucas's PK Fire is useful in other ways. Nobody can say which is better until both their metagames are fully evolved, so for now they are fully equal.

Matrlx

Smash Rookie
Sorry I was a little vague...... but that's all I can give pahaha..... I was teaching my bro how to play brawl and we were doing teams. I was caught up between two CPU's and somewhere I came out with mah yoyo a-danglin.

I might be making this up but perhaps I was charging a yoyo and was grabbed. I really don't know and I spent awhile trying to figure it out, but got sorta bored and moved on to play with friends elsewhere. But I assure you it happened and I could walk and jump and run with it and it would just dangle according to the physics of the game. I took a picture, but the best I could do is take a picture of my actual TV........ -_-
I've had this happen to me too, so I can confirm this is possible - but I don't know how it happened either. I'm pretty sure I was interrupted in some way during the yo-yo animation, but afterwards Ness was just running around with his yo-yo hanging off of him, like it was just tied to his leg or something. I didn't get a chance to mess with what it could do if anything, because it went away after I used the yoyo again. I tried to save the movie but the match was too long already. :(

Btw, I'm new here, but a long-long time Ness player. I love Earthbound :)

Mushy

Smash Cadet
It's also unlikely that this happened in Brawl so early in metagame development. give the poor guy some slack.
(even though i agree...)

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
I know that the more advanced players already know this but when an opponent falls on a smaller platform they really have only two options, roll or get up and depending on the size of the platform those two options may be the same thing :) PK flash is perfect for this because of it's ability to hit a decent sized area and it's slow enough and yet fast enough to force an opponent to give away his roll direction and yet get them before they can put that annoying shield up. While pk ice...lucas is faster by far i don't think the hit area is the same, though i don't play lucas so it may very well be. Same strat applies but IMO it might be harder to platform predict w/ Lucas than w/ Ness.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
They'd be able to Roll and shield before you could get the PK Flash anywhere near them. Unless you were 100% perfectly spaced under them before they even landed.

GenisSage

Smash Cadet
I play with both Ness and Lucas and find them both appealing. Ness is a better combo artists while Lucas is pro at hit and run. Lucas' PK Fire can keep people at a distance. Ness' PK Fire can totall setup for a combo. I love both these guys. Its difficult to choose a best one. Lucas for me is now my character of choice but Ness will always be there to help out.

Top Bottom