• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs Lucas (Mother 2 vs Mother 3)

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
People keep saying that Lucas is sooo much better than Ness, but I beg to differ. Ness will always be number one in my book. To me, his PK Fire is much better because your opponent gets locked in the fire. And his PK Thunder slam is much more powerful and if you can control it right, it's great for easy kills. Also, he has the second best meteor smash in the game, and meteor smashes are AWESOME!!! :laugh:

What do you guys think?
Ness > Lucas

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Dont you think this kind of topic has been done before? Man I am SICK of this. It drivess me nuts. Why is there such an annoying war betwen Ness and Lucas?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ness=Lucas.

But personality wise, Ness is a bed wetter, kinda geeky with his tree house club and is a HUGE mama's boy.

Lucas is a zombie 75% the whole game, and is a sissy once.

They're equal there too!

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
Ness=Lucas.

But personality wise, Ness is a bed wetter, kinda geeky with his tree house club and is a HUGE mama's boy.
Lucas is a zombie 75% the whole game, and is a sissy once.

They're equal there too!
Uh....I think you're confusing Ness with Jeff...

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
Uh....I think you're confusing Ness with Jeff...
nope, hes got it nailed down

ness does hangout in a treehouse with some pals (one of them likes him and says something like "yknow what i mean!" ) and he really is a mommas boy. keep playing the game without calling your mother. youll regret it later...

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I don't care what anybody says. Ness is straight gangsta.

SCRATE. G.

The hat says it all. :chuckle:

Uffe

Smash Hero
You know what was worse? I had to fight Ness' nightmare the Evil Mani Mani Statue and he lost all motivation to fight because someone forgot to call mom before doing anything else! Gosh! You'd think Ness seeing his mom on Magicant was good enough. Apparently nothing but items and exp can only be transfered to the real world and not his mom's love. Those who played this game will know what I'm talking about. :laugh:

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
When has Ness ever hung out in a tree house? :confused:
And yeah, Ness does love his mom very much, but who doesn't? If you had to go on a long and life threatening adventure, miles and miles away from home, and you've been away for months. Wouldn't you miss your family too?

Uffe

Smash Hero
When has Ness ever hung out in a tree house? :confused:
And yeah, Ness does love his mom very much, but who doesn't? If you had to go on a long and life threatening adventure, miles and miles away from home, and you've been away for months. Wouldn't you miss your family too?
I would. :( I think Ness reflects Mr. Itoi's personality. Maybe.

Dekar

Smash Apprentice
Well, think about it, Ness just had buzz buzz literally fell from the sky and tell him to go save the friggin world at the age of 13, before that his life was peachy keen, maybe a lil unsure of the whole thing but still being forced to leave home for the first time.

Lucas had to suffer through a hell of a lot of death before he even turned 10.

And, during earthbound ness is 13 the whole time. In mother 3 you watch Lucas mature 4 years.

Personally when i played through mother 3 i kinda saw Lucas as Ness' spirit reborn, or at least his will since he was burdened with Ness' old nemisis. Kinda like Serge/Crono in Chrono Trigger n Cross, or Hero/Maxim in Lufia 1 and 2. Bound by their battle with a omni-potent being even if seperated by a
Millennium.

In brawl Lucas is easier to master but Ness is more lethal in the seasoned vets hands. A true man mains both =P

Uffe

Smash Hero
Personally when i played through mother 3 i kinda saw Lucas as Ness' spirit reborn, or at least his will since he was burdened with Ness' old nemisis.
Which is why in Brawl's SSE you fight this guy and not the final bosses. I put it in a link because of spoilers.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Which is why in Brawl's SSE you fight this guy and not the final bosses. I put it in a link because of spoilers.

I found a fake dojo page for that guy and earthbound`s final boss as a subspace boss. It looked very cool.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Some people also call Ness chubby.... Like Captain Strongs cops. One says

"Bring it on, fat boy!"

Uffe

Smash Hero
Also, Pokey's mom says you lost a lot of weight. <_<' Seriously, I wanted to slap her.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Also, Pokey's mom says you lost a lot of weight. <_<' Seriously, I wanted to slap her.
Lol, her whole family is so fat and greedy and evvvviiillll how can she say that....(except Pickey, hes cool)

And she already looks like she got ran over by a steamroller, so you dont have to slap her. Thats pain in itself lol

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Wasnt Ness' mom a super model,and was never home?
Thats why he needs to hear her voice....

I main both characters,but I like Lucas more,his hair is boss after all.

In brawl Lucas is easier to master but Ness is more lethal in the seasoned vets hands. A true man mains both =P
Indeed

Uffe

Smash Hero
And she already looks like she got ran over by a steamroller, so you dont have to slap her. Thats pain in itself lol
That's so wrong! :laugh:

And yes, Picky is the only cool kid in the family because he never caused any trouble...except in the first part of the game. But still he was at home the whole time after that. Someone should like use a PK Hack and try to make a spin-off of Picky. XD

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
XD @ PKSkyler

Pickey is cool. He actually fights with you (even though its like only 1 damage) instead of Pokey who just complains, cries, plays dead, uses you like a shield, etc.

And I finally know what Ref's avatar is! I LOVE EARTHBOUND!!!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I didnt even know that that monster thing in Ref's avatar WAS from Earthbound. I thought it was just some genericsea monster.

And yes Nestec, I HAVE played it, but I wanted to for so many years and I JUST got the game. I had ben wanting to play it for so long but couldnt T_T
But now I can! :joyful:

Top Bottom