• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs. Link - Summary in Progress

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Ah, I've done this before in my dabbling with Link. It's quite fun. Still, can't it be teched or something to avoid the flop?

I'm exaggerating a bit, but I personally don't find Link's camp game frightening, even when I play Yoshi, who doesn't even have a good shield for outcamping projectiles. Though Yoshi's air speed is better than Ness's, so it might be an even trade off or something. I don't actually mean strict air camping, but a mix of hopping around projectiles and shielding them if necessary.

Why can't you dodge Zair? I'm well aware of potential follow ups, but a defensive, spaced Zair can be dodged pretty safely, I'd assume. Of course, talking strictly about Ness approaching, this is highly useful, though if Link is hoping to approach a Zair of this type isn't that great.

Not a problem.

The fact that it's difficult is what I'm stressing. I hope you don't honestly believe I think that Ness will never get hit ever, just that Ness can outcamp Link if he gains the lead for a good portion of time. The fact that it's difficult for Link to overcome this compared to the same situation but with Link in the lead, is what I feel makes this a more advantaged MU to Ness.

To be honest, I have never had many problems with Zair, though I'm willing to be educated on it.

Sakurai laughed at LoZ. :(

It's just that, if bombs move so slowly, you have more time to react and think about the most optimal time to dodge them, so you're not caught on landing. Naturally, this also gives Link more time to set up, so it works both ways. Landing arrows are rage inducing.

Hope you meant characters. :laugh:

Nah, you just need less srs. :mad:

I don't think Ness has many attacks that are good for approaching that would hit the bomb.
Yes the BAL can be teched but it still happens once in a while. I guess I misunderstood what you were saying about Ness and his camping.

0_o Also yes I meant both characters.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Im confused. I thought you wouldn't be happy. You thought it was in Link's favor. lol
Haha, I think he's happy because the MU is in Ness' favor, but Link can still do very well in it. That's Legan for you, always making things happen.

...and stealing my Ness hat. :mad: <3

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yes the BAL can be teched but it still happens once in a while. I guess I misunderstood what you were saying about Ness and his camping.

0_o Also yes I meant both characters.
I was completely exaggerating just for that misunderstanding. People need to be less serious in these discussions. :lick:

Well, that and to strongly force the point that Ness can camp Link to a good extent. :laugh:

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Yink (I think it was you who IM'd me on AIM.), did you get the summary I left for you? I didn't realize my AIM had been signed out of until later that night. xD If you didn't get it or anything just let me know and I'll write it up for you again.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
60:40 Ness

Ness has many approaches toward Link imo.
and gimping him is just too easy for Ness if he uses the right barrage of Nairs

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yink (I think it was you who IM'd me on AIM.), did you get the summary I left for you? I didn't realize my AIM had been signed out of until later that night. xD If you didn't get it or anything just let me know and I'll write it up for you again.
Yes! Thank you I got it. I'm just making a mesh of Link's advantages and dis. , then doing it vice versa for Ness.

Then I'll have a conclusion up later this evening. :) Thank you it was very, very helpful!

Top Bottom