• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs. High Tiers discussion/Character Matchups

Levitas

the moon
Hey simna, you should come to one of our biweeklies. I mean Anther comes to all of them, and Michigan's not that far away...

lol, but what can a Ness do to pika. I already know how pika can wreck Ness.

Pika likes to approach by DDing until the other guy makes a move. He closes in with a nair, usmash, or grab. The usmash leads to a thunder or uair, and uairs can lead to a spike or another usmah. Nairs juggle into other nairs and/or usmash. Grabs can't chain on ness, but a backthrow can get ness off the stage, and pika's edgeguard game is really strong. A Ness above pika is at a disadvantage, but a Ness to the side of pika has to miss to be at a disadvantage. A Ness below seems to be in good shape, but Pika moves fast to get back to the ground (or edge) with a quick attack. A pika on the edge is campy as crap. And if you guys want, I can link a vid of a captain falcon getting SPIKED by a thunder. That was funny.

Anyway, does anyone have suggestions on how to get the matchup in Ness's favor?

And yes, pika is fun to play as.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ness's aerials just outrange G&Ws. And his dair is easy enough to deal with.
When did I ever mention dair??? I don't think Ness outranges the turtle or the box... I have problems avoiding his d-tilt...

Ademisk, I was hoping for something a little more descriptive than a video...

Ademisk

Smash Champion
oh..dTILT.. nm then, yeah, no, Ness outranges the credit card debt with his fair. His only real problem is his nair, which you just have to try and avoid.

Levitas

the moon
lol, simna, on the pika end of the pika vs ness ditto, pika mains say to get a grab on Ness because ness has a worse grab range. I guess DD camping their DD camp until they screw up would work. I'll have to see, as I think pika moves faster.

And you totally should just show up to one of our biweeklies. It would be so random, and nobody would see it coming.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
How the **** Pichu and Jigglypuff have longer grab ranges than pikachu and Ness I'll never know.

D

Deleted member

Eh i like sabotaging Yoshi players and Ness players, so ill give u Yoshi advice :p Alright, some of us like to egg spam, its effective against ness. Your DJC beats yoshis, so spam djc fairs, and bairs...and uairs and dairs. Edgeguarding Yoshi can be tricky to get used to, but PK thunder breaks his DJ at mid-high percents, and bairs and fairs work well too. Ermm, i came to my senses and dont feel like helping u guys anymore (though u probably knew this stuff anyways). But seriously, DJC fair is uber pwnage.

Top Bottom