• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Rough Frame Data (WIP)『Wii U & 3DS 1.0.8』

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
OK , this will be a WIP to be completed over two or three days, hopefully.
Some things to check out are Fair, I tested it multiple times and it seems to have been made faster (8 -> 6). And landing lag seems to be 20 instead of 26.
Other stuff that seems to be 1-2 frames faster is probably because i had a bad counting method last time, so just ignore that.

Next on the agenda is:
  • Grab duration frames
  • Specials
And that'd be it.
I really don't think customs are necessary right now, so i won't do them.

Jab
Hits: 3, 6, 12
Total: 41
  • Previously hit 3, 9, 18.
  • The total was 44 before.
Dash Attack
Hits: 8, 15, 22
Total: 39
Ftilt
Hits: 7
Total: 34
  • Angled Ftilt still does 1% more
Utilt
Total: 31
Dtilt
Hits: 3
Total: 13
  • Can loop into Dtilt after frame 10
Fsmash
Hits: 21
Total: 54
Usmash
Hits
Behind, initial: 6
In front, initial: 12
Behind, latest: 30​
Total: 55
Dsmash
Hits:
Behind, initially: 10
Behind, perfect spacing: 13
In front: initially: 23
In front, perfect spacing: 27​
Total: 45
Nair
Hits: 5
Total: 35
Landing Lag: 18
Fair
Hits: 6, 10, 14, 17
Total: 39
Landing Lag: 20
Bair
Hits: 8
Total: 34
Landing Lag: 17
Uair
Hits: 8-11
Total: 41
Landing Lag: 14
Dair
Hits: 20
Total: 59
Landing Lag: 28
Grab
Hits: 6

Dash Grab

Pivot Grab
Hits: 8

Grabs need more testing

Pummel
Total: 7
Hits: 3
Fthrow

Bthrow

Uthrow
Total: 36

Dthrow
Total: 51

Noa.

Smash Master
So I notice a couple of differences between the data here and our previous data.

Fair comes out sooner.

Bair comes out sooner.

Dash grab comes out sooner.

Pivot grab comes out sooner.

These differences are off by one or two frames. Are you sure they're real changes and that you're not making mistakes?

For reference here's the mastercore data for patch 1.0.4:

http://smashboards.com/threads/ness-smash-4-3ds-1-0-4-frame-and-hitbox-data.383724/

And you put all of that data and more into a the combined data thread here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/ness-combined-frame-data『wii-u-1-0-2』『3ds-1-0-4』.404840/

Those seem to be the only differences. For sure the old values were 100% correct and we know that cause of mastercore data. So any changes now definitely came with this patch, and are not a mistake that you made previously. I'm interested to know whether or not we actually got slight buffs on a handful of moves.

Probably undeserved honestly. Ness doesn't need more buffs. :p

Tikao

Smash Ace
didn't thought buffs would happen, but I'm sure i can live with that :3
(meanwhile diddy getting destroyed again)

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
ok the grab stuff, i'm not sure about, that needs retesting but i tried Fair four times and every time i got frame 6.
bair i'm fairly confident about but could do some more testing.

also i have a feeling that PKF's pillar was shortened a bit in duration.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
on wii u i just go on training mode, set 1/2 speed and record the gamepad at 30fps. it'd also work with full speed at 60fps.
i've gotten consistent results and i believe the method is sufficiently accurate.

Greward

Smash Lord
I don't think dash grab can be any faster. Currently it's frame 8, there are no dash grabs in frame 7 in the game so no reason to give it to Ness.
Pivot grab is slightly slower than most (frame 10, the default is 9) so I could see a frame reduction, although I doubt it.

Fair / Bair changes might be reasonable although I don't know why they would be buffing Ness.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
My testing suggests none of the above-mentioned frame changes are real. The first hit of F-air still trades with Ganondorf's Jab 1 (frame 8), and B-air still trades with Dedede's Jab 1 (frame 10). Ness' dash grab beats out Dedede's dash grab (frame 9) but gets beaten out by his standing grab (frame 7) and Ganondorf's Jab 1 (recall attacks beat grabs). Ness' pivot grab beats out Zelda's Jab 1 (frame 11) but gets beaten out by Dedede's dash grab and Jab 1.

I also noticed another error in the OP's list. U-smash's "in front, initial" number is listed as frame 12, but I found it's still frame 9, as it clanks with Donkey Kong's F-tilt (frame 9) but beats out anything slower like Dedede's Jab 1.

Top Bottom